Baby Shower! Pics Finally

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By Posgo001
  • 1 Post By ctymom
  • 1 Post By Believingforonemore
  • 2 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2014, 06:52 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dear friend recovered very quickly and was able to come over yesterday and cook up her magic and threw me a wonderful baby shower. Quite a few of my friends and DH's family came. My parents did not come due to illness (and not an unhealthy dose of insanity). None of my siblings or relatives came except an ex-sister in law and my niece. A little disappointing but I was ok with it.

Everyone had a wonderful time, the food was incredible and I received beautiful things for my new baby. I am blessed in so many ways.

My favorite gift? DH's Aunt hand made a gorgeous quilt with a jungle print. It is stunning!

My mother, who is almost 80 yrs old and somewhat off her rocker, hand knitted burp cloths and mailed them to me. She was so pleased with them. Hand knitted burp cloths. I called her and thanked her and she said she needed dish towels. I just had to smile.

So it's official I guess. I'm going to have a baby? I'm even more terrified now that something awful is going to happen and I'll be surrounded by baby stuff that I'll have to sort through.
Shelz@_@ likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013

Last edited by lelila; March 15th, 2014 at 11:53 AM.
March 10th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Oh, Leia! First, I'm so happy that you had a nice shower. You deserve to celebrate this new baby coming into your lives! It is truly a blessing for you and your family. I know that you are scared and nervous and whatever I say will not be be enough to calm your fears right now. They will only subside when you are holding your precious little one in your arms. Just know that we are all here for you, and we are excited for you...but most importantly, we are all praying for you to have a healthy delivery!

When is your c/s date? I want to start praying a special novena (a 9 night prayer) for you and your baby.

And as far as the hand knit burp cloths...wow
lelila likes this.
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 10th, 2014, 08:48 AM
ctymom's Avatar 9th cycle
Leia.... everything is gonna be fine =) Thoughts and prayers are sent your way! And awesome that you had a great baby shower...happy to hear it! Can't wait to see your little one!!
lelila likes this.
TTC #5

March 10th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks ladies. OB won't let me go past April 3, so if little one doesn't want to budge, April 3 is the C/S.I told DH if we get a major snow storm before that, I'll go into labor. Then I'll have to sit there at the front door while he plows us out and count contractions.

Wife to Big Bull 40

March 10th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Pray, then pray some more
Would you stop already woman! We would all kill to be in your shoes! Enjoy it. I'm so glad the shower went well! We wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of all that cute baby stuff
lelila likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

March 10th, 2014, 11:04 AM
DH and I talked this morning and are going to go through it all tonight or tomorrow and see what we need so we can get the rest in the next few weeks. I am loaded with onsies, which is great, but the kid is going to freeze since I don't have anything to cover his arms or legs.I'll take pics at that time and post a few. Wait till you see this quilt DH's aunt made. Oh my, simply beautiful.

Wife to Big Bull 40

March 10th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Leia yay you finally had your Baby Shower. Sorry some of your family members didn't make it, but it sounds like the Shower was a great success.

Everyone of us are praying you have a safe and perfect delivery.

[/URL]Renee
March 10th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Shelz@_@
woohoo.. cant wait to see that little guy hun,,, Im just so excited for you now just chills ok lol
March 11th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What about your VBAC? Praying that's still an option for you. I told you we should of done a virtual Baby Shower. All you had to do was register on line. Although I would love to buy something. I love baby shopping! For Real!!

I want to see the baby quilt. I love baby blankets. I bought both boys some expensive blankets but one day I was over at MIL's and I needed a blanket to lay out on the floor. I bought some cheap blanket and that darn thing has turned into my youngest security blanket. I seriously hate the thing, but since my son loves it so much it's here to stay. BLAH!

[/URL]Renee
March 11th, 2014, 11:48 AM
LOL wouldn't you know it Renee, leave it to a kid!

My Ovulation Chart

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

March 15th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Finally got a pic uploaded. One. I am still trying to get the rest off my phone.

This is the quilt DH's aunt made.

Wife to Big Bull 40

March 15th, 2014, 12:27 PM
ctymom's Avatar 9th cycle
That is adorable!! Can't wait to see the rest!
TTC #5

March 15th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Love!!!

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 15th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
That is absolutely precious! Really looking forward to seeing the other pics!
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 15th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE the blanket/quilt. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Look I forward to seeing more pictures of your baby stuff.

[/URL]Renee
March 16th, 2014, 12:00 AM
Shelz@_@
love it..
March 17th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Super Mommy
Hi hun omg you nearly at the end of your pregancy .where has the time gone !!! .im glad you ok .and you and baby will be just fine .healthy and happy .now take it easy and rest up a bit .which I know is hard for you lol xx

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
March 17th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow Leia you are now past 38 weeks. Is you phone ever going to spit out the rest of the pictures?

[/URL]Renee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search