Due Date Set

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2014, 09:59 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I posted this on the PAMAL board, but I wanted to update you dear ladies here too.

Just got back from my 38 wk (and then some) appt. Clam is shut tighter than Ft. Knox and is so high, we can see it with a throat culture, so OB went ahead and set a C-Sec date for April 3. I always knew I'd end up with another one, but I was kind of hoping I'd avoid the recovery time.

Now that we know when I'm going to deliver, we can start planning what to do with DS.

Everything else looked good. On a funny note, you should have seen the OB trying to get the HB with Baby Boy moving all over. She was laughing following him around my belly.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 19th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Leia I'm so excited for you!!

I was the same way. I'm not one to dilate on my own. I had a Folley and I stayed at 3cm with pitocin.

What was your original DD?

Renee
March 19th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Shelz@_@
Wow that's not to far away I will be looking for pics and updates on FB
March 19th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Thanks ladies. Original DD was March 31. So I'm going to have to wait even longer. UGH. I'm so uncomfortable as it is, with this huge belly in the way.The bright side of c-sec is they suck all that crap out of there and you lose like 30 lbs right off the bat, so I'll come home without a huge belly, since I've only gained like 7 lbs on top of baby. That'll be good.

Wife to Big Bull 40

March 19th, 2014, 02:12 PM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!! I'm so excited for you! Not the C-section part but that you are getting ready to hold your little one very soon! =)

March 19th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Pray, then pray some more
How exciting! I wish you could have avoided the c-section also but at least he's going to make it here! I can't wait for you!!!

March 19th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Posgo001's Avatar Super Mommy
Again, not excited that you are having to have a repeat c/s...but, over the moon for you that you are going to hold that precious baby soon!!
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 19th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I may be the only one scared of a vaginal birth. I prefer having a csection.

Has your Dr given an estimate on his weight? Any last minute plans before you welcome him into the world?

Renee
March 19th, 2014, 05:53 PM
They think he's over 6 lbs now. Probably will be around 7.5 when he arrives. Last minute plans? Yeh - put the bassinet together. Hahahaha!

Wife to Big Bull 40

March 19th, 2014, 07:53 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
super exciting, thats pretty soon, mama
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

March 19th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Leia did your DH continue with taking care of the chicken coops?

7lbs is a nice size. My friend is suppose to be induced possibly this week and her baby will be over 9lbs close to 10. She's having her vaginally too.

Renee
March 20th, 2014, 06:38 AM
DH is taking care of the Chickens, but I go out and feed them and water them every once in a while. I was out there on Sunday putting straw in the coop and feeding them and putting antibiotic on those that had pecked eachother.

Wife to Big Bull 40

March 20th, 2014, 04:16 PM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping my baby. .. if im blessed with one more. .. is only 7lbs! LOL My daughter was 9lbs 7oz! So excited for you Cant wait to see photos

March 20th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Pam--I'm going to "one up" you...my oldest was 10lb 4oz--and he pooped meconium on the way TO the scale, so he was close to 10 1/2 when he was born. I've never walked the same, lol

Leia--7lbs sounds BEAUTIFUL
ctymom likes this.

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 20th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Honestly, I'll take whatever I can get. DS was 7.2. I had an U/S two weeks ago and his head looked HUGE on the screen. I said to DH, I'm not pushing THAT out! The tech laughed and said it looks bigger than it really was.I really don't want to have another surgery. If I can coax this little guy out the old fashioned way I'll do it. The sooner the better. I've had a migraine all week and I'm exhausted. I need to give birth.

Wife to Big Bull 40

March 20th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My gosh Paula I would of freaked out. The birthing classes really freaked me out, especially having a baby vaginal. My oldest was suppose to have a big head but his head looked tiny when he was born.

Leia sorry to hear about your migraine. It sounds miserable and being overly pregnant makes it all the worse. It won't be much longer before you meet your baby boy. Is your son getting excited?

Renee
March 21st, 2014, 07:43 AM
Renee, I had just turned 19 and didn't know any better. I am only 5'2 with a petite frame...NO ONE thought I'd give birth to a toddler, lol.

Amen.

March 21st, 2014, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good Gosh Paula glad your first child birth didn't scare you away. How big wee your other children?

Leia is there anyway you could still have a vbac? Donyou go back to your Dr before your c-section?

Renee
March 21st, 2014, 11:36 AM
My other son was 8lb 15oz...I got induced 2 weeks early so he wouldn't be as big as his brother. They thought he'd be 6 1/2lbs...apparently I grow big babies that carry their weight well on the u/s screen, lol. God may give me big babies but he blessed me with very short labors. 1st was 6 hours and 2nd in an hour and 45 minutes from start to finish. I won't complain!

Leia, surely they will do a cervix check again before the 4th to see if you ripened up at all, won't they?

Amen.

March 21st, 2014, 12:28 PM
They checked my cervix this past Wednesday and will again next Wednesday. This baby is so high right now, you can see him when I yawn. I am having mild contractions and my YooHoo hurts but I'm not dilated even a tiny bit.DS is SOOOO excited. Last night he pulled my shirt up and read the baby a story. I video taped it.

Wife to Big Bull 40

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search