April Roll Call!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2014, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Pamela I would totally have a quickie at work if DH and I worked together. LOL. If I were to get pregnant this next cycle, there is a good chance baby would be due close to ODS birthday Jan 22. Birthdays could get a little expensive around here.

Rae misery does love company. I do not talk about TTC to anyone in my life. The added pressure isn't worth it. I can't imagine people asking how my journey is going or if I'm pregnant yet. BlAH!

2 more days and I'll start testing. Hopefully by next week AF will be here. I love having these 27 day cycles. It moves the process along much more quickly.

[/URL]Renee
April 22nd, 2014, 05:13 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry your Hubby is gone for so long Sheila. That sucks. I couldn't do it.

I'm going to have to start the naked chicken dance on a more regular basis so we can have a rash of BFPs. We need some serious knocking up ladies.
Shelz@_@ likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 22nd, 2014, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Renee, I'm the same. Noone besides you ladies and so know that we're attempting this! There's enough stress every month without getting asked questions constantly. The first one I hear being asked is "aren't you a little too old for that?" Not wanting to hear that!

Leia, if it'll help, I'll join in on the naked chicken dance up here in MT! Count me in!

Have any of you ever bought the Wondfo brand ovulation and/or pg strips? Any opinions?
lelila likes this.

Kristi

Last edited by MTmama; April 22nd, 2014 at 07:08 PM.
April 22nd, 2014, 07:31 PM
Pray, then pray some more
I love the wondfo's opk's I use them exclusively. I get false positives with the pregnancy tests but I use them anyways. I just look for a darker positive on them instead of a line.

The OPK's are great though.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

April 22nd, 2014, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use Wondfo OPK's and I like them a lot. The lines get really pink when positive, so there's not a whole lot of seconding guessing. As for the Wondfo HPT's, not a huge fan but they've work well enough for other Ladies.

Leia we love when you do the naked chicken dance.
How is your sweet baby boy doing? Has this past month gone by fast? How's your recovery going? Still sending lots of healing thoughts!

While cleaning out my email today I found an email from my Dr. She wrote that my FSH was 16. I had read another email that mentioned my FSH was a little high, but she was happy with my AMH levels. I didn't even think to ask more questions. I know some Dr's that rely more on the AMH then the FSH, but I am bummed knowing my FSH is so high. I know I just need to keep a positive attitude going into my next cycle.
Tomorrow morning DH goes in and has dye injected into his knee to see if there is any damage. I just hope whatever it is doesn't hinder next cycle. When we need to BD. I know that is totally selfish, but I'm being honest with my feelings. Riding him isn't going to get the job done. Whine Fest over!

[/URL]Renee
April 22nd, 2014, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I'm going to order them but wanted to make sure there were positive opinions first. I figure it's cheaper to get them in bulk!

Kristi
April 22nd, 2014, 07:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Rae BOO on the temp going down! I know you said that you want AF to come, but I was holding out hope that this would be it for you. What cycle day do you go in for your scan? Is it a vaginal scan? Can you have them count your follicles on both sides?

They sell 50 OPK's and 20HPT's for $23.99 I think it is.

[/URL]Renee
April 22nd, 2014, 08:14 PM
Once I start which I think will be Saturday I have three days to get my scan. So probably Monday. Hopefully I'll do a Femara cycle this cycle.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

April 22nd, 2014, 10:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I should be starting no later then next Tuesday. Last month I started at the beginning of the month and at the end of the month.

Do you need to make an appointment or will they just squeeze you in?

[/URL]Renee
April 23rd, 2014, 04:52 AM
I'll call them and they will squeeze me in. If I still have cysts then it's a no go.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

April 23rd, 2014, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Rae praying your cyst have gone away and you mentioned having pain right around when you ovulated. Your temp went back up this morning.

[/URL]Renee
April 23rd, 2014, 08:03 AM
Rae, when do you get an US to see if those cysts have gone?

I'm not going to chart stalk today. I can't take it.

Renee, this boy is GROWING! We have his one month check up today. Can you believe it's been a month already? I'm healing well, though still have some discomfort when I bend over or lift heavy stuff, but for the most part, I'm OK.

Naked Chicken Dance this morning ladies. I didn't have a dish towel upstairs to put over my head so I used a burp cloth. I hope that's ok.
MTmama and ctymom like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

April 23rd, 2014, 10:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Leia I want to hear Colt's stats when you get a chance.

I must have some huge amounts of progesterone because my boobs are sore. Not anything that would make me cry out in pain.

[/URL]Renee
April 23rd, 2014, 08:06 PM
I emailed my Dr today. He thinks the spotting is due to the polyps coming back in my uterus. He says that will cause continual spotting. No more surgeries ladies. This may very well be the end of the road for me. I think I'll have a scan done on Monday and see what they see. If it's uterine polyps then I'm moving on. All I can say is I don't feel like God loves me. It's like he loves other people but not me. I know this isn't true. I know it's just a stage and process of me letting go. I know God knows what's best for me. It just doesn't always feel like it.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

April 24th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Oh Rae! Is he sure? Polyps or Fibroids? I have fibroids, and they didn't affect conceiving.

Colt has gained 3.3 lbs in 1 month and grown 4 inches! His newborn screening results came back negative for all 40 tests and the Pedi says he's growing consistently. She is very pleased with his overall health and says he looks and sounds great, is strong and has excellent reflexes. He had a great appointment.

I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up with his eating though. He eats every 1.5 hours or so and the ol' girls are really sore, especially the left one. So I'm pumping as much as I can for those times that I'm in too much pain to nurse. A few nights ago I just didn't have anything to give him and gave him formula for the first time. It didn't go over well with him, but he did suck down 2 ounces and slept for 6 hours straight.

We're hoping he starts settling down on a schedule soon since I go back to work in 4 weeks. Dreading that.

katydae88 and ctymom like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

April 24th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ahhhh, your baby boy is so stinkin' cute! Glad all the tests came back with good results! It sounds like he's very healthy and doing great. I always hated going back to work from maternity leave. But you still have 4 whole weeks left!

Kristi
April 24th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Shelz@_@
he is so fricken cut lelia those are are to die for,, you did good mama

and for me Im 11 dpo today but I hate that run to the bathroom feeling that Im having cause you know she is gonna be here anymoment.
April 24th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww Leia he is so cute I am so glad that all of his tests came back normal and that he is growing like he should!!

My Ovulation Chart
April 24th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Polyps Leia, I've had them removed twice now. I'm not sure what the scan will show Monday but we'll see.

That baby is adorable!!! Kiss him and hold him for all of us.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

April 25th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Rae, are the polyps in the uterus or on the cervix?

Wife to Big Bull 40

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search