May Roll Call!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree133Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2014, 03:09 PM
Thank you very much!Have a great weekend everyone
May 2nd, 2014, 04:26 PM
ctymom's Avatar 9th cycle
Welcome to the group Karen! You get to join all our fun. lol I'm on cycle #6 with TTC. Hopefully it's "the" cycle I've been working for.

May 2nd, 2014, 08:15 PM
406kurby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Karen!

Ugh, I don't know what is going on with me. I've still got a fever but it's higher, 102 this afternoon. I have nothing else going on, not sick at all so I don't understand the fever. I'll probably test early, I can never wait til AF is due (Hi, I'm Kristi, and I am a poas addict!) I'm just hoping this stupid fever doesn't mess with anything and cause problems this cycle. BD has been timed right as far as FF reads so I guess time will tell.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Tracker

Kristi

May 2nd, 2014, 11:55 PM
Shelz@_@
Welcome Karen.wishing you luck in your ttc journey..

on that note you all I think we totally need a theme song lol
katydae88 likes this.
May 3rd, 2014, 07:34 AM
I dont think I ovulated yet!! So we need to squeeze in another BD!! We tried to in our office before everyone got here for the carshow but ugh.... he had too much on his mind and it didnt happen...but we will after the car show!!

My temp dropped to 96.38!! so I'm guessing my estrogen dropped and the surge will be late tonight. Wish us luck that we get that BD in!!

May 3rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the Job Search Vibes, but I'm SO discouraged. Looking the past few days there is more "spam" out there in the want ads than anything else. I'm not sure at this point I really want to go back to work. I like being able to get so much done during the day and I like the idea of being able to breastfeed longer than 8 weeks if I want to - and I think I might have to - this baby HATES bottles and prefers mommy

Oh, and Welcome Karen! You picked the best board to hang out on.

May your TTC journey be short, filled with lots of BDing and not too many naked chicken dances.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
May 3rd, 2014, 01:18 PM
Thank you very much ladies! You are very kind and I appreciate your warm welcome. I am very glad I joined you! The other day I was feeling down (you probably know the feeling...) and started to look on the internet for something that would give me some hope and found Wikipedia page with the list of women over 50 years old who became pregnant naturally and gave birth to healthy children! So if it was possible for them, it is possible for us too .

And I always believed that miracles can happen through prayer and faith...
So let's have some faith together Best of luck to you all this month!
May 4th, 2014, 05:04 AM
I think the temp yesterday was a fluke. My temp this morning is 97.48. I felt like I O'd on cd11. My CH's are showing cd10 but I'm sure that will move after tomorrows temp. I'm leaving out that weird drop. I think I'll pick up a new thermometer next time i think of it.

May 4th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Did someone say theme song....

Well ladies look no further. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjhi8htHSc
Shelz@_@ and lelila like this.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

May 4th, 2014, 06:09 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where do u buy the thermometers?
I've never temped and not sure I want to...but if I did decide to, where/what should I get?

Rae- I love it!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

May 4th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Rae I laugh every time I hear that song. My DH just shakes his head because my youngest makes me replay it a few times.

How was your time with your Mom?

Karen feel free to chat or vent. I know I would of gone insane if I didn't have this group to hang out with.

Paula I'm hoping your vacation did the trick and you get your BFP when you test.

Pamela how did the Car Show go? Did you enjoy yourself?

As far as the day you ovulated, CD10 is better as far as BDing timing goes. I usually change my battery as soon as I get a new thermometer. You never know how long that thermometer has been sitting on the shelf. I also change out battery every few months. I'm so anal about knowing I got the most accurate temp.
What will you do in your TWW to keep your mind off it?

Long weekend for me and I'm seriously ready for Monday to get here. Went down to my Mom's yesterday and we went to the Reptile Expo. I ended up buying a Red Eyed Tree Frog with my oldest and a Kenyon Sand Boa for my youngest. DH was not at all impressed with me this morning when he found out. I didn't realize he does not do snakes. Whoops My Bad! I need to work on telling him before hand that I'm getting a new pet.

Today we celebrated my youngest Birthday with family and next weekend is his birthday party that all his friend are invited too.

Last night for my meds. Yay! There's nothing to giving the injectables. I'll find out Tuesday if I am producing some good size follicles/eggs.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Anyone close to the end of their TWW and Testing soon?

[/URL]Renee
May 4th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Sherry pretty much anywhere. I have a hard time finding them at Walgreens. Usually they are in the isle with all the pads/tampons and tests. Get one that is a Basal Body Thermometer. You can also order off line.

Where are you in your cycle? You can start temping as soon as you period is over or on CD1. Most of us use Fertility Friend, but there are other sites that you can use to track your temps. I also reccommend temping vaginally. I just like knowing there are less factors of getting a inaccurate temp that you could get from temping orally. For me it is easier to just temp vaginally and it helps muffle the darn beeping from thermometer.

Anywho, if you decide to temp, we're here to answer any questions. I think you are on CD7 now? You would definitely be able start and get ovulation confirmation.

[/URL]Renee
May 5th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Renee... the car show was a total wash out. It poured rain and of course no one showed up. So we are further in the hole than we started. sigh So not happy. We can't seem to catch a break for nothing! We need prayers to get some good money in our shop to help us catch up.

May 5th, 2014, 04:55 AM
I'm 5dpo today... I think down deep I've lost hope of getting pregnant so my thoughts are, yeah ok, another tww until my next bfn. Hard to believe it's been 6 cycles now. I went to a baby shower yesterday and our good friend had their baby there. I always end up watching her. She's so cute. And I see other pregnant women and feel bummed. I had a twinge of "just maybe" b/c my temp went up... but I'm only 5dpo so I'm sure it will start it's downward spiral tomorrow.

I'm just a bundle of positivity aint I?? lol

May 5th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Pray, then pray some more
I know exactly how you feel. Going on 2 years. I no longer believe it will happen. But I'm moving along anyways.

Renee, it was a good weekend at my moms. I spent an extra day DH was irritated with me but I don't really care. I liked having an entire bed to myself.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

May 5th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Welcome to the group, Karen! Hope your stay is short and sweet

That you tube video was hysterical!!!

Rae--glad you had a nice visit with your mom! I have to say that when DH is gone, I love having the bed to myself...it's like a treat!

Renee--excited for you to start with the injectables! Here is to a couple of really big, beautiful eggs that will sweet talk your uterus into letting them stay

Pam--sorry the car show was a bust! I hope things turn around soon for you and your business! Did you ever start vaginal temping? I started with this cycle an they seem to be more consistent now.

Sherry--I found my thermometer at CVS by the HPTs. Good luck!

Katie--fingers crossed that this is your cycle now that you are starting back ttc

AFM--who knows what day I am on...so this month ttc is very laid back to say the least. Btw, DH is home all the time and I wonder when it will start driving me batty, lol
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

May 5th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Thanks Paula. We certainly need a break in a shop before it's all taken away from us. This economy sucks. sigh And no, I havent started vaginal temping. I dont know. I just can't bring myself to do that. lol My temps in general seem to be all over the place, but I always know when I ovulate so I'm not too worried about it. If I ever get a temp that's way over the top, it's usually b/c I'm tossing and turning all night and having nightmares. But overall, as long as I know when I'm O'ing, then I'm good. And LOL on DH being home all the time. It's funny b/c me and DH are together literally 24/7. Most people dont know how on earth we do it. We argue sometimes, but compared to how much we are together... it's not much at all.

May 5th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you, Paula!! I have high hopes for this cycle BUT I have a feeling I will drive myself crazy comparing this cycle chart with my pg cycle chart!!!!! I actually have been having some cramps/pain on my left side the past couple of days I am hoping that means that I will be O'ing in a few days and from that side!!

When I got pg in Jan my OB measured something on my left side (I am assuming it was a follicle) so I am thinking that I O'd from that side in Jan!!! I never felt O pain last month so I am also taking that as a good sign

I am going to head to the store in a bit and get me some Mucinex. I had a LOT of EWCM last month but who knows if I will have it this month!!! I am so excited to be ttc again

My Ovulation Chart
May 5th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Shelz@_@
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believingforonemore View Post
Did someone say theme song....

Well ladies look no further. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjhi8htHSc
haha yes I did love it
May 5th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Pam--it's only weird with the vaginal temping the first couple of times you do it, lol. I don't know how you do the 24/7 thing--I love my DH, but I can honestly say that I will be skipping out the door now that he is home all the time, lol

Katy--I do the same thing with my charts...I sometimes wish that FF didn't give you the option to compare....but, mostly I just keep overlaying multiple months to see if the current month is most like my pg cycle...ttc is simply nerve wracking!!
katydae88 likes this.
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

Last edited by Posgo001; May 5th, 2014 at 06:36 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search