June Roll Call!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree70Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2014, 12:39 PM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, we have a lease. Their friend of 30 years said they were moving b/c they need a bigger building and we share a building with them. So the owner said he could have our building!! He thinks we are moving and they are threatening to lock our doors b/c we are 2 months behind on the rent BUT they refused our payment! So I will be getting that in writing. Like we are stupid to the law. If the local police said make them evict us. They can't.

and wow!! The costs are crazy. If you have insurance....why arent they paying for that? It stinks how much everything costs these days. FXd AF shows up soon! Weird to say that right? lol We usually say the other way around.

June 3rd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Shelz@_@
renee these were my results Result:FSH 6.5, LH 17.9 - ratio high
Received Date:04/26/2012
Notes:Hennemann MD,Sarah J 5/3/2012 9:22:02 AM > both levels WNL, but the high LH compared to FSH levels may indicate a condition called PCOS - in which the hormone levels are off enough to cause unusual cycles, infertility, glucose abnormalities and sometimes male characteristic hair growth/loss. Would suggest rechecking in 3 mos. Hennemann MD,Sarah J 5/3/2012 9:23:54 AM > James,Genista 5/3/2012 10:06:58 AM > Pt notified see telephone enc. Renee it wasnt on the 3rd day of my cyle like it should of been she said it didnt matter but it does. I was ovulating and I got a positive OPK 2 days after blood work so dont know what to think

Last edited by Shelz@_@; June 3rd, 2014 at 01:30 PM.
June 3rd, 2014, 07:46 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Renee, Yes I've started riding again. Much slower this time lol.
Pam, I hope everything works out soon for you. I can feel your anxiety. It's giving me anxiety lol.

Mrs. Elf that is a lot of money. And I've paid my share to the fertility goddess. I hope you get an answer and a very easy fix!

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

June 3rd, 2014, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Mrs. Elf for the life of me I can't remember your fist name. I'll remember right after I hit "post". Your insurance may not cover infertility treatments, but try may cover DX which includes the consult, labs, U/S for follicle count, and HSG. Meds for me are also covered 75%. When the finance person emailer to tell me insurances didn't cover infertility I wrote back and basically told her my insurance would cover everything except the act of actually getting me pregnant. My outstanding bill so far with my RE is $389. Don't stress too much until you talk to your insurance.

Sheila it really does sound like PCOS. I personally have no experience with it, but from reading the forums I've heard great things about Metaformin. Maybe talk about it with your OBGYN about getting a prescription. It may help as far as your irregular periods and while DH is gone long enough to start working in your system. You may just have PCOS and not even peri menopausal? You could possible get better advice from the TTCMA.

Pamela it really sounds like there is light at the end of the tunnel with all this B.S. you're going through.

Finally finished all the planting outside. Survived the field trip. DH knows we are BDing tonight and we already put the kids down for the evening. We are moving the right direction this cycle! We may just get our timing down...Phew!
Shelz@_@ and katydae88 like this.

[/URL]Renee
June 3rd, 2014, 08:58 PM
Shelz@_@
Renee my doc sugested metformin but I didnt want to take it and decided to go for a better route cinnamon its just like metformin only nateral it did work for me for awhile but I quit taking cause I wanted to give my body a break its was regulating everything for a good few months. guess I should get back on it. this is the add I read

PCOS

Poly cystic ovarian syndrome is caused by insensitivity to the Insulin hormone. Women do not often get regular periods, and are obese. So Many doctors suggest Metformin as a first step of treatment. In 4 to 6 months time some women get pregnant with Metformin only or with a combination of Metformin and Clomid.
Medical Researchers Suggest Cinnamon

Many of us might know the benefit of cinnamon for cold, acne, bladder infections etc. But the benefits of this natural herb is actually beyond that. A study in Columbia University New York carried an experiment on a group of women and find out cinnamon proved very effective to regulate their menstrual cycle.Instead two of the women became pregnant without any other help or medicine.
A link of the study is given below.
Cinnamon May Help Ease Common Cause of Infertility, Study Says

Metformin Vs Cinnamon

Metformin is used for diabetes but it also used to lower blood sugar level and insulin in women suffering for PCOS. Some women cannot tolerate Metformin side effects and so they leave the medicine. They can try Cinnamon to regulate the insulin levels. Cinnamon also strengthen the uterus and immune system as told by Asian herbal practitioners.
How It Cures Infertility:

In China, Japan and in other Asian countries like Pakistan an India if a women is having problem in conceiving, then they have been prescribed cinnamon powder. Just take a pinch of Cinnamon and mix it with half tea spoon of honey and rub it in your gums so it slowly incorporates in your system.If the women have sign of insulin resistance then it can reduce your body weight and will make you ovulate more often. This honey and cinnamon mixture will also boost your immune system and will protect you from viral infections and diseases. Due to its anti bacterial properties and warming properties it increase blood flow and blood oxygen level to your uterus and make it strong. Other benefits are given below.

Last edited by Shelz@_@; June 4th, 2014 at 12:25 AM.
June 4th, 2014, 03:29 AM
My Dh went to the grocery store last night and while I was putting away the groceries I found he bought two boxes of digital HPT. One ClearBlue and the other...well I cant think of the name lol. He's hopeful. I'm afraid to test. It's one thing to see no second line....how will I feel seeing "not pregnant"? It would be nice to see pregnant and have something hopeful happen instead of all this disappointment. I refuse to symptom watch. Everytime I notice something I tell myself stop it. lol I went to bed at 9pm last night. My lower back was killing me and I was wiped. And I'm sure it's all the stress.

Well, this morning is the meeting with the front office and our business friend. i dont want to move into that other building AT ALL. sigh I pray they do the right thing and let us stay where we are and let us take time and find another building. There is more to all the issues but dont want to bore you with details. It's just a big mess!

Renee.... it's funny... after fieldtrips I always felt like I "survived" it. LOL I dont know how teachers do it on a daily basis. Spending a day with the kids always exhausted me. haha
Mrs.Elf likes this.

June 4th, 2014, 06:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Pamela if the words "not pregnant" pop up, just cover up the "not" and focus on the word "pregnant" LOL! Does DH realize how expensive buying digital HPT's are at a grocery store?

Go into the meeting expecting the best. Sending you tons of Calming and Positive Vibes!

Sheila you should probably continue doing the cinnamon. With continued use it could possibly regulate your menstrual cycle. Do you and DH have special plans with the two of you and with the rest of the family before he leaves?

Woke up this morning and no dull aching pain in my ovaries. I have one more vial of Bravelle and then I'm officially done with meds this cycle unless I go to my U/S appointment and they don't see enough growth. That would be scrappy news to get, but I have to continue feeling positive. DH did BD last night. I won't push for it tonight because I'm hoping for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Shelz@_@ likes this.

[/URL]Renee

Last edited by Renee360; June 4th, 2014 at 06:20 AM.
June 4th, 2014, 06:36 AM
LOL...ill remember that. I think he got them on sale. 2 boxes for $12.00.

My anxiety is thru the roof right now. Sigh Thanks for the good thoughts.

June 4th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just keep practicing your breathing Pamela! Good deal on the digital too!
ctymom likes this.

[/URL]Renee
June 4th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Sorry I haven't been around much, I've just been really sick and feeling yucky most of the time. I tell myself that it is a good thing and it is reassuring...but, I really hope it doesn't last that long.

Renee--I'm so excited for you this cycle. It sounds like everything is lining up just as you need it to...just have to keep DH in the game, and those ovaries will do their job

Mrs. Elf--Excited for you and your RE appointment. It is so great that DH got on board with hard-core ttc. Like Renee said, talk to your insurance company, maybe more is covered than you think. Either way, very excited things are coming your way

Pam--I'm so sorry that you are going through this with your business. I know that it puts a huge amount of stress on you and DH...glad that DH can still make you smile with the HPTs! I pray that things work out for you and finding another building...as well as, that you get a BFP this cycle, friend!

Sheila--if the cinnamon worked before, maybe you should give it a whirl again...I know DH is leaving soon, but it would be nice just to regulate your cycle and get it back on track. I still have hopes that you will have O'd before he leaves and you can catch that egg!

Kristi--hope the 2ww goes by quickly for you...baby dust to you!
Shelz@_@ likes this.
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

June 4th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Veteran
On the insurance front (this might get a little confusing, so I appologize ahead of time). I work for a small health insurance company (yes, in addition to helping DH with our stores I still work FT. The stores are doing great, but not profitable enough yet to live off of). This small insurance company has a larger "parent company", which is also an insurance company. Up until about a year ago, both were very separate entities from each other. Now they've been slowly integrating us into being one company. As of the first of this year, all the employees are now on the insurance plan with the larger parent company (whereas the employees at the smaller company used to all be insured through the company we actually work for, and the employees at the parent company were insured through the parent company). Anyway, the company that I actually work for does not cover infertility in any way, shape, or form (tests or otherwise). It's considered not medically necessary. So, I figured we still didn't have coverage for any kind of fertility testing/treatment on this new plan. I was surprised when the person at the clinic said she thought the tests would be covered.

I did hear back from the finance person at the clinic this morning, and all of the testing is covered. Now the problem I'm going to look into is why this provider isn't showing as being in-plan. This whole provider group is in plan with both us and our parent company, but this doctor doesn't show as in-plan. So, this is where it's nice to work at the insurance company. Our department director handles the provider network for both companies (I work in the provider relations department), so I'm just waiting for the opportunity to go chat with her when she doesn't already have other people in her office. Luckily, I can see her office from my desk. Insurance covers at a higher percentage for in plan providers than for out of plan providers.

And Pamela - I don't think your landlord has any legal ground to stand on. I'm not a legal expert by any means, but I don't think they can refuse rent payments and then evict you for not paying rent. FX your business friend can help you through this and you find a good place to move your business to soon. Owning a business is stressful enough without the added BS.

Oh, and my name is Kathy. One of these days I'll get around to updating my signature on here.
June 4th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Shelz@_@
no special plans ladies hubby birthday is this sunday so were celebrating his and mine together cause he will miss mine this month he leaves on the 17 and he only gets 2 days off before that tonight and tomorrow.. I will go back on the cinnamon there wont be any stress
June 4th, 2014, 05:21 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! Its been awhile but I'm still here! I know I'm getting close to O, but not exactly sure. Dh's work schedule changed a little for the next few weeks & the kids are out of school so not sure how the bd'ing schedule is gonna work this month :/ They will be going to stay with their dad for 6 wks starting the 21st ( I always hate that) but it does give us a stretch of "adult time".
We have a busy month ahead... 4 graduation parties + a wedding. There goes my OPK money! LOL its always something, I swear!

I find myself getting so depressed after bfn's anymore. I don't know how women do it for yrs. I can be so rational about it the first part of my cycle- but after I think I've O'd, and the 2WW... I get so obsessive about it, then downright
pissed when I get a bfn. I think when I'm due for my yearly in August I'm gonna ask the Dr about prescribing something. Dh doesn't know but I feel that I have to try. I don't want to be underhanded about it but I'm just feelin that clock tickin I guess, ugh!

The cinnamon thing sounds interesting! Couldn't hurt to try.
Good luck to everyone this month, ladies.

Pam, when do u think you'll test? Fingers crossed for u!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

Last edited by berrygirll; June 4th, 2014 at 05:26 PM.
June 5th, 2014, 04:06 AM
hi sherry! I can so relate. I'm fine up until I ovulate and then as the TWW goes along, the more obsessed and depressed I get when I tell myself to not worry. DH bought me tests...but I'm really not hopeful for a bfp and so afraid to see that "not pregnant". AF is supposed to be here Monday so I dont know. I'm getting urges to test but with all the disappointment I'm going through right now....I'm afraid this will be another one.

June 5th, 2014, 04:48 AM
I'm so bloated the past couple days and my back hurts. AF is supposed to start Monday. The past few days I keep waking up and restless sleeping so my temps are all messed up. Had a very vivid dream that the floors in our house were falling through. I dont know how much longer I can handle all this stress. Sigh

June 5th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've replied to this thread two times and each time I've forgotten to hit post.

Kathy find out what RE's in network are within 30-50 miles. If you don't have any, appeal with your insurance company. I had to get treatment for my son and the only place was 30 miles from me and the rest were a lot further away. My insurance approved the appeal and paid for treatment. We just had to pay upfront and wait for reimbursement from insurance.

Wishing you the best as you go through this journey. Don't let it overwhelmed you too much.

Sheila HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubby! Have a fantastic day celebrating!

Definitely start taking the cinnamon. It should start regulating you once you've started taking them again.

Pamela use a regular HPT before the digital HPT. Digital HPT's usually measure the HCG at higher levels. I wouldn't want you to be sad if you didn't get a positive when a regular HPT would of give you a positive.

Sherry you have a lot going on but hopefully it takes your mind off TTC. Just remember to BD as much as you can..
How great to be able to enjoy quiet and Adult time. I would probably probably be sad if I didn't have my boys. It's not very often that I don't have then. We can be TWW buddies.

I have my U/S this morning at 10. I'm not sure what's going on there but I hope it's good. I still have the open circle on my OPK. I'm not sure if I'm going to ovulate later in my cycle? The tech should be able to tell me how close I am though. I'll update once my appointment is done.

[/URL]Renee
June 5th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck at your appointment Renee!

Pam, you have good self-control! I'm only 8 DPO and wanting to test!

Sherry, I'm with you. I don't even want to test this cycle in fear of seeing BFN...I'm starting to get discouraged but not wanting to feel that way. It's definitely harder now than every other time I've been on this journey. Trying to stay positive!

Kristi
June 5th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Veteran
Thanks Renee. The problem is that this particular Dr should be in network, but our parent company (who we now have insurance with) doesn't have him listed as such. I did get a chance to talk with our dept. director yesterday, and she agreed there was no reason they should not have him listed as in-network and said she was going to look into it. She stopped by my desk on her way in this morning to let me know that our parent company "has no idea" why this Dr. isn't listed correctly, and they are going to fix it. She said to let her know if my claims pay wrong.

I'm just hoping that this cycle is "the one", and that I don't even need the tests. Part of me is staying hopeful, and the other part of me is in doubt that it will ever happen.

And to top it off, last night DH informed me that one of our employees is "pretty sure" she's pregnant. Great. It's not enough that I'm already coping with so many friends, relatives, and co-workers who are pregnant or recently had babies (90% of which were "surprises"), now our 20 year old unmarried employee can be added to the list too (and of course it's another unintentional pregnancy). So not fair!
June 5th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kathy sounds like your company is working in the right direction. It sucks having to hear one more person is pregnant and they weren't even trying.

Will you go ahead and start working with REor wait until insurance is all squared away? I was so he's titans to see a RE because I wasn't sure how expensive it would end up being and I wasn't even sure what direction I wanted to take. Now that I'm going it has given me more hope.

Sherry FX'd you do get your BFP this cycle! I don't get sad when I get a BFn, but it pisses me off.

Just continue to think positive!

I just got done with my appointment and I'm feeling very hopeful! I'm on CD 11 and have yet to get darker lines or even high fertility on my OPK's. My tech told me my Bravelle could be messing with my results. Good to know
Results of follicle U/S
Right side no action.
Left side
23 cm
20 cm
13.5- which didn't excite me, but my tech still thinks is a contender.
Follicle needs to get to 24 usually an then it burst through.
Today they decided to use a trigger so I'll be testing that out and pretending it's my BFP. . I got all nervous when they told me it was going to be an IM shot. I like the tiny needles I use in my belly. This one they did in my butt and I worked myself up for nothing. LoL! BD every other day for the next week and pray for the best. At least for a little bit I'll get to see BFP.

[/URL]Renee
June 5th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Well Renee.... I took a test this morning before hearing from you and someone else on here that the HPT's I have aren't that sensitive. LOL Of course it said 'not pregnant'. I dont have any of the dollar ones. I guess I could grab a couple but havent had time for much of anything.

Things are looking good so far Renee! Hang in there... you got this month!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search