July Roll Call!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree63Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2014, 04:30 AM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Af came today just woke up to go to the bathroom & voilà.
That makes for a 31 day cycle. The last 2 have been 36 days. So I guess I O'd on day 18?
We bd'd on 17 and 18, looking back, even though I would've thought that was way early to be trying at the time.
Luckily we love to bd and do so every 2-3 days, lol- but UNluckily it obviously hasn't worked!
Not sure where to go from here... I'm thinkin the doctor!

Oh & to answer the irregular question?
My cycle lengths since Jan have been:
37, 38, 48, 36, 36 and now 31 this month.
Jake (17)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (8)

Last edited by berrygirll; July 19th, 2014 at 04:38 AM.
July 19th, 2014, 05:13 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That stinks sherry. But good in the shorter cycle.

I am going out trail riding but I'm just not feeling it. We have two riders and they are annoying. Is a mother and her son. Very pushy annoying people. Told DH she's rising in his buggy. It will be last time he books them. Shes always in mine. Sigh

im so edgy and grumpy the past couple of days everything is getting on my nerves. Ugh.

Last edited by ctymom; July 20th, 2014 at 03:16 AM.
July 19th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello! Sorry that I've been MIA for so long...I'm just now starting to feel like myself again. Between the morning sickness and fatigue, I've been pretty worthless. Looking at the computer screen made the m/s worse, so I've been pretty much out of the loop! Now that I've stopped taking the progesterone supplements, I feel like a different woman

The good news is that everything is going well with the baby. I just turned the corner into the 2nd trimester, and I'm definitely showing. One advantage to being AMA is the fact that you get extra ultrasounds done because of the whole "high risk" thing. So, we've been able to sneak a peak at the baby more than if I was in my 20's. We also were offered the chromosomal testing. We opted for the noninvasive testing, where they drew some blood from me. Originally, we weren't going to do it, because it won't change anything that we do...then, they told us that my insurance would cover it and that it would also tell us the sex of the baby. My DH immediately said "we'll go with that one", lol. He's like a kid at Christmas...he can't wait to find out. Anyhow, it takes about 2 weeks to get the results back, so we should know by next Friday. The high-risk OB that is doing the chromosomal workup is a doc that I work with at the hospital, so we talked pretty freely about things. When he asked about amnio, he totally agreed that it wasn't necessary...funny, I was expecting a fight on that one.

Otherwise, things are going well. I listen to the baby every morning and night on my fetal doppler (best $46 I've spent in a long time). It helps reassure me that things are headed in the right direction, and keeps the idea of m/c out of my head. I have days that it still seems surreal...I suppose I will feel this way for some time to come.

I pray everyday that all of you cross over the bridge of ttc to expecting. You all deserve it...don't give up!!! All of the frustration and monthly heartbreak will be forgotten when you see that precious life growing on the u/s screen in the doc's office
Shelz@_@ likes this.
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

July 19th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Super Mommy

I think I'm just out this cycle. CD26 & no sign that I O'd. My temps this week have bounced back & forth between the 2 temps that I normally get (first time this cycle my temps have been consistent).

Sherry - sorry AF showed.

On the bunny front - I've gone from 6 to 4. Two of them got sick yesterday morning, including the one that had become my favorite. He was the runt of the litter (half the size of the largest bunny) and was always so excited to see me. He would run up the the cage door and then jump into my hand as soon as I opened the door. He was near death when I got home from work and passed away in my hand as I was making a futile attempt to save him. That's the first time in a long time that I cried after losing a bunny (Cottontails don't have a high survival rate when raised by people, so I've gotten used to losing them. If I get 50% success rate it's a good summer). My other sick bunny passed away during the night. The remaining 4 are all doing well, and they now see me as the enemy, lol. It's a good thing, since they need to be afraid of humans before I can release them, but it's still sad for me. I'm attaching a couple pics I took of them a few days ago, including one of Teenie Weenie (my runt who passed away) next to Bubba (the biggest one).
Shelz@_@ likes this.

Missing our angel m/c on 12/11/14 at 11 weeks 3 days

July 19th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Pray, then pray some more
Pam, I hope the ride goes well. I really don't like pushy people. Pushy is ok in some situations but others not so much.

Paula, I'm so happy for you. I'm glad things are doing well with the little one. I really feel like you'll make it to the end with this one. I can't wait to find out what it is!

Kathy wow how they've grown! CUTE cute cute!!! I'm sorry you lost your favorite one. Today if I can remember I'll make an attempt to get a picture of the baby deer I've been feeding. He's super cute!

DH just left for 5 days all during my fertile period so I'm out before I even began lol.

Sherry I'm sorry about AF and I agree DR! Just see what he has to say and if he can help things along a bit!
Mrs.Elf likes this.

July 19th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Sherry sorry AF showed, but a shorter cycle is so much better a long drawn out one. Tons of Baby Dust this cycle.

Kathy I'm so sad to hear of the two bunnies. I would of bawled my eyes out.

Pamela enjoy the trail rides and be happy you don't have to deal with the woman..

Paula so happy to see you post. Crazy you're already in your 2nd trimester. How times flies while TTC. M/S sucks and I can't imagine having to deal with it. Excited to find out what you're having. I say Girl!

Leia I saw your weightloss ticker and you are so close to your goal. YAY! Have you tried anything to get your milk supply up?

Rae maybe just maybe your ovulation will be delayed and you'll be able to catch that egg once DH gets home? I totally want to see the baby deer. So jealous you get to feed the baby.

I haven't been temping at all, but did this morning. It's back down in the 97's so AF will show today or tomorrow. I'm hoping for tomorrow just to start my cycle 1 day later. Maybe a better shot at catching my lame egg.

My VIP with FF ends in a few days and now I don't know if I should renew for 30, 90, or 1 year? Last time I renewed for 90 days thinking that, that was all U would need...Wrong!

On a positive side DH is taking so many vitamins and supplements his orthopedic Dr suggested. It has increased his sex drive. I just hope his sex drive will continue to be the same in 10-5 days. Lately it's been so miserable in our room I have been turning down sex. At night it's in the high to mid 90's...miserable!

Renee
July 19th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Thanks everyone. It was my first miscarriage, after 4 children, so it was a new thing for me. I'm alright. Just a little bit sad/nostalgic of what could have been.

Shelz....what's this about stevia and contraceptive? I don't use it, but now I'm curious.

My Ovulation Chart
July 20th, 2014, 01:46 AM
Shelz@_@
well how I found it I was researching protein drinks I was trying to loose so weight.so found a forum and that where I read it..there is a huge debate about it. but there has to be some form of truth to it for it to even be out there. looking around for answers this is the link I read it from..
stevia/truvia Fertility and ovulation | MyFitnessPal.com

Last edited by Shelz@_@; July 20th, 2014 at 01:55 AM.
July 20th, 2014, 03:25 AM
The ride yesterday went ok. I kept getting stuck and it was aggravating me to death. Woke up this morning to find out the woman sent a friend request on facebook to my DH and he accepted it which he knows ticks me off. So he'll be hearing about this when he wakes up. i dont like random people/customers on facebook. It bugs me especially when a women sends him a friend request and not his wife. For me, you just dont do that. My ex cheated on me many times online and I told DH I'm sensitive about it. I trust him....it's the women I dont trust. I know how some women are and he's oblivious to it. He's just nice to everyone. End of my rant on that one. More riders today. I just want to stay home and do nothing though...oh well.

Paula...great to hear from you! Soooo happy to hear everything is going well for you! Can't believe you are second trimester already.

Renee....boooo on AF. Are you doing a medicated cycle this time around since your MIL isnt going on your vacation?

afm....4dpo...trying hard to not read into anything. Didnt log in my temp this morning b/c I woke up with my covers off and freezing to death. lol I'm not paying attention to my temps anyway b/c they dont tell anything other than when you ovulate and if AF is starting. But I'm ocd haha

Last edited by ctymom; July 20th, 2014 at 03:28 AM.
July 20th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH and I had a heart to heart. Turns out that even though we were both saying we were done having kids, we both felt that there was one more waiting for us. So, we have decided to forego birth control entirely for the rest of forever. We decided that we are willing to put our trust in the Lord and let Him decide if and when we will have another baby.

Time is running out, of course, as I will be 40 next year, and I've been having peri-menopause symptoms already (grandma hit menopause at age 39). Will it happen this coming weekend with our sex-fest? I don't know. Maybe. But, I'm so familiar with my body and my fertility, I don't see how it could ever be NTNP. That always seemed so silly to me. I know when I'm ovulating, I feel it. I know when to expect my periods (well, in general, I've been very irregular lately). I don't think my mind can just let it go and not obsess on if I AM or not. You know?

Either way....this wont be a one chance, kind of thing, anymore.

Cute bunnies!
katydae88 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
July 20th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Shelz@_@
wendy I here my doc told me I was going through perimenapause as well I hate the changes my mom started at 38 I think and my grandma as well. and of course my mom just told me that lol i feel its been these last 4 years for me just cause my period was normal and now I can have it for 3 months then not have it for 6 months and so on.right now I havent had it since april. these changes suck it makes it real.. I hope this is not what your going through

renee Im sorry af showed
Pam I would be mad myself. everytime I got a friends request from a guy I made shure I added the wife..but not all accepted.
ms elf sorry about the bunnys so sad
pam wow good to know things are going good. wohoo

Last edited by Shelz@_@; July 20th, 2014 at 02:28 PM.
July 20th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Pray, then pray some more
I forgot the picture of the deer again! Now I'm done feeding him. WOW I'm getting too senile. I may ovulate late Renee, we'll see. I'm crampy and sore but no + opk so I don't know. No CM either so we'll see.

Wendy whoo hooo I hope it happens sooner than later for you.

Pam, I agree that it's inappropriate on the facebook thing. Perhaps you should go add her on your account. I'm glad the ride is over and you can just move on to something more fun.

Leia, I've been seeing baby kitties! They are cuties!!

July 20th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Rae tons of delayed ovulation vibes. Kittens? Do you have kittens?

Pamela I wouldn't let the whole FB thing get to you. I seriously doubt your DH has even given a second thought to accepting her friend request. Just trust in what you and DH have.
How much longer do you have your DD?

Wendy praying it happens for you sooner rather then later.

I am pretty sure I am not doing a medicated cycle. I wish I hadn't O'd so early last month. I ended up with a 26 day cycle. Yay for a shorter cycle and being able to move on quicker.

Renee
July 21st, 2014, 02:56 AM
Well.. DH deleted her and apologized. He knows I hate when he friends people from mudtours rides. That's what our Mudtours facebook page is for. If they have photos to share from the ride...share them on mudtours. So all is fine again. lol The sunday ride went better. One of the riders had gone with us a few weeks ago and loved it so much brought along new friends. We saw another gator right next to us. I'll share the video some time this week.

Woke up a couple times last night so no temp. I'm so bloated right now it hurts. My hands ache and my stomach is sticking out. Hate being bloated.

Renee....my daughter is here until aug 10th. I have to start looking into getting her airline ticket back =(

July 21st, 2014, 12:37 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Paula! So good to hear from you & that everythings going well! That's awesome. Glad ur feeling better

Pamela, glad u had a better day. The visit with ur DD seems like its going too fast. I'm on the opposite end right now, my kiddos have been gone since mid-June and won't be back till Aug. While dh and I have enjoyed alone time, I miss them so much & feels like its been forever.

I only had a 1/2 day at work today so when I got home, I called the gyno and made an appt for next Wed. I'm gonna ask about Clomid & see what she says. If she gives me an Rx for it, ill still have to wait till the cycle after my current one.
I've used it before w/success for my middle DS. The 50mg didn't work but 100mg did.
Anyone know if I could just start at that? Also, what day you ovulate on while on it?
With my cycles being the way they are, would it help regulate or do you think id have to use opk's every month?
Ill ask the Dr but just thinking out loud. Any insight I appreciate!
Jake (17)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (8)

July 21st, 2014, 12:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pamela FX'd you'll get pregnant this cycle and will be able to celebrate the good news with DD before she leave back to CT? Hopefully the time doesn't go by too quickly either. Would she consider just staying in FL? She's getting to the age where she is old enough to decide.

Sherry hope you have a great appointment. Absolutely ask your Dr to start you off with 100mg or try asking for Femara-less issues with thinning the lining.

The past couple of days it has been a lot cooler here, but I'm extra crabby this AF. DH isn't enjoying my company all that much, but I'm not as crabby today.

Renee
July 21st, 2014, 02:30 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Sheila, the summer is flying by, only 4 more weeks till DH comes home? That's great!

Paula, Congrats on 2nd semester! What an amazing feeling that is, isn't it? Good for you and your peach!

Yes, we have kittens. Someone dumped a mother cat and her babies near our house and being the sucker that I am, I took them in. Now I can't get rid of them.

Here are just two of the five. They are super cute and shy. I love them all to pieces but I can't keep them. UGH.

No, I'm not eating enough. I'm skipping meals, sometimes not eating until dinner. I'm so incredibly busy, I just don't remember to eat. I have to change that.

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
July 21st, 2014, 02:55 PM
Shelz@_@
yes yes yes 4 more weeks to go..Im uber excited.. I love kittens but hubbys is alergic..
July 21st, 2014, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for only 4 weeks to see the hubs!

My Ovulation Chart
July 21st, 2014, 05:36 PM
Posgo001's Avatar Super Mommy
I got a call from the geneticist today with the results from the blood draw. It couldn't have gone better...the baby only has a 1/10,000 chance of having any of the big 3 trisomy syndromes!!! I started sobbing on the phone. And it is 98-99% likely that it is a GIRL!!! God is so good

I'm loving seeing the animals being posted...so very sweet!!!

Sherry--good luck at your appointment! I don't know enough about clomid, but it seems if your doc already gave you the lower dose and knows it won't work then he/she won't screw around with the lower dose. I really hope that it works for you again!!

Pam--It is hard to believe that you are already looking for return tickets for your DD. I am with Renee...I pray you get to share a BFP with her before she goes home

Renee--sorry you're having a crappy/crabby AF...DH will get over it

Rae--I hope you get over your senility soon...I'd love to see a pic of the baby deer soon!!

Sheila--So happy the time is flying by for you and DH
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search