July Roll Call!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree63Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2014, 08:15 PM
Regular
Tears of joy paula Im so happy for and a girl that even better..
Im so looking forward to hubby coming every time we talk on the phone I swear my ovary's hurt they throb like hurry up lol

Im with everyone pam I hope u get your bfp before your girl leaves

renee is this your last cycle ? or you gonna keep trying..

sherry sorry af showed..that sucks

Rae what is your next move?
sorry if I dont get everyones name
hope all is doing welll

just a little reading.. found this today

I found this....

Aspirin is made from the chemical acetylsalicylic acid, which reduces pain and swelling by inhibiting the action of Cox-2 enzymes in your body, which produce prostaglandins, the hormones that cause muscular constriction, fever, and inflammation.

Scientists believe that aspirin may help women who experience recurrent spontaneous abortions (miscarriages) conceive and carry a baby to term. Some of these women have very high levels of antiphospholipid antibodies, which cause blood platelets to stick together and the blood to thicken. This can increase the risk of developing dangerous blood clots which, if they develop around the placenta, can deprive the baby of oxygen and nutrients, resulting in a miscarriage. These antibodies may also interfere with the embryo's ability to attach to the uterine wall.

When low-dose aspirin, also called baby aspirin, is given to these women, their platelets become less sticky, their blood circulates more smoothly, and precious oxygen and nutrients are delivered to the placenta. It may also help the embryo attach and grow on the uterine wall.

A recent study conducted in Argentina and published in Fertility and Sterility demonstrated the effectiveness of low-dose aspirin with women who had experienced multiple miscarriages and who were undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF). The study compared two groups of 149 women. One group took a daily dose of aspirin along with their IVF medication to stimulate their ovaries, while the other group took just the IVF drugs. Forty-five percent of the women who took the aspirin became pregnant, but only 28 percent of the other group conceived. The researchers also found that the women taking aspirin produced more eggs than the other group and they were able to retrieve an average of 16.2 eggs from them, compared with just 8.6 eggs from the non-aspirin group.

So I guess it's probably a good thing in low doses.... Agree?

Last edited by Shelz@_@; July 22nd, 2014 at 12:13 AM.
July 22nd, 2014, 04:04 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. I hope too I get the bfp before she leaves. I'd rather tell her face to face than on skype. sigh But lately I've been feeling rather hopeless. But I'm trying to stay positive. Just hard at this point. I havent really been able to get temps b/c I'm waking up or wake up with my covers off and freezing to death. But as I said... it seems temps dont really matter other than when you O or let you know AF is gonna show.

Paula...yaaayyy!!! So excited for you! And a little girl I want a girl but hubby wants a boy. But I'll take what ever healthy baby given to me. lol So will you sit back, relax and enjoy your pregnancy completely now?

Renee... I told my DD that I would love for her to stay here, but I think she see's her dad as vulnerable and needing her so doesnt want to leave his side. I think she would do better down here but the courts wont let me take her. It's frustrating and a sad situation.

ugh....i've had BAD heartburn the past couple of days. Straight acid in my throat. But DH has it too so pretty sure not pregnancy related. But it's horrible. Unless DH has sympathy pains. LOL
Shelz@_@ likes this.

July 22nd, 2014, 07:47 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Paula! A girl, that's wonderful! And even better news on the genetic testing! Congrats!

Sheila, I took a baby aspirin every day for the first 13 weeks of my pregnancy, doctor's orders. It can be dangerous after the 2nd trimester starts however, unless you have a clotting disorder. For more information on MTHFR:
MTHFR Mutation | MTHFR Gene Mutation | What is MTHFR? - MTHFR.net

As a side note, many women who have fertility issues have MTHFR and don't know it. It can prevent implantation or cause miscarriage so early, many women don't know they are even pregnant. From what I've read, it's fairly common and there are many forums and support groups for women who have it.
Shelz@_@ likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
July 22nd, 2014, 08:23 AM
Regular
I agree with you leleia I dont think anyone should just start taking it unless there clear it with doc anywho.. there are so many things out there that Im learning I told my husband I was an ultra sound done. but getting a tooth aug 7th once we pay for everything from that Im gonna request it.
July 22nd, 2014, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Paula that is fantastic news regarding the genetic testing and of course that you're having a baby Girl! I'm beyond happy for you and your family!When is your next U/S?

Leia remember to eat and drink. Stop over doing it, you're making me feel way too lazy. How is your little Monkey?

Pamela sad face but I can understand why your DD wouldn't want to leave her dad. I can remember always feeling torn between what parent to choose. I feel terrible that your DD lives so far from you. How many other times during the year does she get to fly over to FL?
Heartburn sucks! I have been dealing with it lately, but for me, it's due to the food chooses..BLAH!

Crazy I'm happy AF is here. I get myself overly stressed right when I enter my fertile window. I stress over everything from the weather to DH work/social schedule. I'm hoping everything just comes together just one cycle.

Oh Leia, I totally want the 2 grey tabby's you caught..so freaking cute!! You definitely have your hands full with Mama Cat and babies. Just another thing to add to your full plate.

[/URL]Renee
July 22nd, 2014, 08:59 AM
Renee... I told DH that all I want for Christmas is for my daughter to come here. Nothing else. If I can't have that... I dont want to even celebrate it. Airline tickets have cost so much in the last year I couldnt fly her down. I had to almost borrow money to get her here for the summer. Just feeling like life sucks lately. But I keep truckin along. DH is pissing me off bad today. I'm trying to hold my temper. I'm just super irritable and sad and he's being a clueless man.

July 22nd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Paula, that's great news!

I'm headed to the spa tonight. DH is sending me there to get all spruced up for Friday. Fun! Waxing, and a facial, then mani/pedi Friday morning.
ctymom likes this.

July 22nd, 2014, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pamela start ticking away a little money now, so you for sure have the money for plane ticket come winter. Do not touch the money no matter what until you're ready to purchase the plane ticket.

Wendy enjoy the Spa and your vacation. DH sounds very thoughtful and definitely deserves a gold star!
Is it just the two of you going on vacation or are the kids going?

[/URL]Renee

Last edited by Renee360; July 22nd, 2014 at 07:04 PM.
July 23rd, 2014, 03:44 AM
Once we get into the new building and get finances back in order, we'll hopefully be able to actually start saving. We are in the middle of moving into the new place and dang is it alot of work in 100 degree weather. Our shop now feels like 115. Can't wait for the new one b/c it has a bunch of fans and it's insulated!

I went ahead and logged in all my temps....it was bugging my ocd not having them listed. LOL The temps really dont matter at this point so what's it matter other than to see if they fall for AF. I'm not feeling much of anything this month other than bad heartburn and bloating. CM is strangely not there like every other month. Other than spots of white creamy cm. Just weird. I've been SUPER and I mean SUPER irritable. I dont even want to be around me. lol

We had a nice night once we got home. I was surprised that DH went for a bike ride with my daughter! And then we all played a board game! Really made me smile.
lelila and Mrs.Elf like this.

July 23rd, 2014, 05:44 AM
Super happy today! Mama cat and her 5 kittens are at a lovely shelter! Hooray!

DH is happy too that AF is over and I'm no longer biting every one's head off. This was a really hormonally charged AF. I had forgotten how much I hated AF. It had been almost exactly a year.

Wife to Big Bull 40

July 23rd, 2014, 07:08 AM
pmdc5286's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
Now I am stressing. We are leaving for vacation next week and now there is a tropical depression in the Atlantic. Just my luck!!!!

Thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

TTC #3, Our first together

July 23rd, 2014, 04:04 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Lots of post to catch up on. I'm still here. Not sure about ovualtion. I have a positive opk and NO CM, like none. Like my CM is so sticky it's like glue. Almost like I've ovulated already and I'm waiting on AF. I've never had that happen before. I don't reckon you can get pregnant without CM.

Patty I hope the Vaca goes well anyways! Don't stress it does no good!

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

July 23rd, 2014, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Leia happy to hear the shelter was able to take all the kitties. One less thing got you to have to take care of.

Patty hopefully the weather will be perfect hot your vacation. Maybe if the weather is too bad, have mini get away somewhere closer?

Rae your cycle has been wonky since those cysts. How's the temps? Go have BM and maybe there is fertile CM up there? Every time closer to O for me I have BM's and my CM is watery and EWCM.

CD5 and my SD is ramping up and DH is definitely taking advantage of the fact. I think this cycle I'll O CD13 or later. No noticeable change in my CM like last cycle. No medication at all this cycle.

[/URL]Renee
July 24th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Woke up at 3:30am so no temp today....may log it anyway but make it an open circle. Also...had a dream last night that I had implantation spotting and I was so excited. That's all I can remember but it felt so real I had to think if it really happened. lol Yesterday evening between 4-6pm, I was getting this sharp pinches on my right side that would radiate throughout my lower area. As always... I'm hopeful...but it's a very guarded hopeful. Then had a temp dip again this morning but if i had slept until 5am, it wouldnt have been that big of a dip.

Last edited by ctymom; July 24th, 2014 at 04:18 AM.
July 24th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Patty, I hope that tropical storm turns the other way and you have a great vacation.

It's that time - teething time. My little one is chewing everything. DS1 says "EWWW Baby Slime!" So funny.

DH knows I'm O'ing soon and said "let's do it like rabbits this weekend." He's gonna knock me up before my year is over, I know it. I really don't want to chance damaging my kidney like that though, I can't afford going on dialysis for the rest of my life. I need more time.

We have BIG plans for this weekend. Going to dig out the chicken run and coop. Woo Hooo! What is everyone else doing?

Wife to Big Bull 40

July 24th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Patty - Oh no! I hope it goes away!

Believe- that's interesting about the CM. Our bodies can be wacky sometimes, huh?

My opk this morning was getting close to positive, and I had SUPER ewcm last night. I'll test again to see if the line gets darker or lighter this afternoon. I didn't realize about the CM until after I peed, so I didn't have any to opk test with last night. Oh well. Not like it really matters. Either I will be O'ing, or I wont. LOL

Just me and the hubby this weekend, no kids. They are staying with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm headed his way around 7am tomorrow. It will be a long day.

July 24th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Pamela tons of Baby Dust! When is AF due?

Leia definitely wait longer to rest up those kidneys. I would love it if my DH was as Gung Ho as your DH is.
Digging out a chicken coop, sounds like good times on the farm!

Our plans for this weekend is camping/concert that we do yearly. I'm just happy the weather won't be extremely hot there. I seriously don't do well in the heat. Definitely looking forward to this weekend and our trip in August.

[/URL]Renee
July 24th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Its due the 31st.... not really feeling hopeful at all. Im feeling defeated and probably will be done after this month. Tired of disappointment month after month.

July 24th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Pray, then pray some more
I think ovulation is a flop. My opk's are getting lighter now. It felt like I ovulated yesterday. We'll see what my temps do in the morning. I'm not really feeling it. NO cm whatsoever. Now I'm spotting so maybe I'll ovulate later on in the month. I don't know. Maybe I'll just have another Bud Lite Lime and be done.

Leia, give your body time to heal. And time to enjoy the baby you have. Don't push it lady when it comes to your health.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

July 24th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Pam--so glad you are enjoying your time with your DD. Sorry you are having to do so much with the shop while she is there...I hope that you will be able to make it up to yourself with her coming down at Christmas!

Renee--Your weekend sounds fun! Enjoy

Leila--I'm with you...your husband is bound and determined to knock you up before the year is up! It's funny how he is still aware of your fertile period! I guess they just get in tune to our bodies, huh?

Rae--I think you should do both...have a Budlite Lime and then ovulate

Wendy--the spa sounds heavenly! Enjoy!!

Patty--I hope your vacation goes without the weather being too bad! Here's hoping that the weatherman has it wrong!

Thanks ladies for all the well wishes! It has finally sunk in that we are having a little girl. I would've sworn that my womb was baby blue...but, I guess it's pink this go around. So very, very, thankful. It feels a bit weird to come to this board. But, I remember how much hope it gave me to watch Leia be pregnant with Colton. So, I really hope that it does the same for at least one of you
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search