Doctor appointment today

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Shelz@_@
  • 2 Post By Believingforonemore
  • 1 Post By Mrs.Elf

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2014, 03:46 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, it pretty much amounted to nothing. LOL
Had a pelvic exam, everything was great, normal. It was the nurse practitioner ( love her) and she talked with me, explaining how they do things there.
I explained that i'd been on Clomid before, granted 14 yrs ago.
She said they don't just "do" Clomid. Dh would have to have a SA, i'd have a hystersalpingram (?) Where they shoot the dye thru the tubes...whaaat? Is that normal?? I'm NOT doing that.

So she said they would test my hormone levels and see if Metformin would be needed. If so, i'd do a fasting glucose test. I am also to go back on day 3 of my next period so they can test the FSH levels and all that.

I dunno. Maybe I wanted an Rx so I felt like I was doing something.
Instead I got more prenatal vitamins and a feeling like I'm never gonna have answers, lol.
She was great, don't get me wrong- and I love it there. But it seems like I'm never gonna get "help"...we can't afford those tests, and I don't even know if I can afford the consult w/the Dr she wants me to have in a month.

Just gonna keep tracking things and I did buy another digi opk so guess ill start using that in a few days.

Waaaaahhhh!

Ok, that is all.... :/
Jake (17)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (8)

July 30th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Shelz@_@
wow sounds like a long day . your doc and mine must be related..only she did the fsh test mid cycle said it didnt matter but it does. told me it was PCOS wich I dont believe cause I was ovulating a couple days later why it was high. sorry if it this is long. then she wanted DH test he refused since he did it for his ex wife he says he wont ever do it again. and then wants to ge tubes looked at but insurance wont pay for it so havent done it. she wont give out clomid either. crazy huh she metioned metforin for as well I take cinnamin instread it got my cycle right for a bit but it got old so I stopped and I think it quit working for a bit. that being said Im sorry your going through all of this Im going back in after my took gets pulled I want my left ovary looked at... life sucks sometimes.
berrygirll likes this.
July 30th, 2014, 05:24 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, thanks girl

Yeah, she just wants to rule out PCOS since I'm somewhat irregular. I'm doubtful about that but if the Metformin would straighten me out, I'm all for it.
I know my Dh wouldn't have the SA done either. We're doing this conservatively and I don't consider that or my tubes being flushed "conservative", ya know? Not even bringing that up.
If neither of us had children, we'd be more aggressive.
Plus, because of my 2 miscarriages, she thinks the problem isn't conceiving (I.e. needing Clomid)
So whatever. Guess I'm no worse off than before, right?!

We worked in the yard today and getting ready to go for a walk now- they're setting up the festival down the road for this weekend. I love this time in summer when the festival comes around & being able to walk down the road to it.
And my kids come back Saturday!
Jake (17)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (8)

July 30th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Shelz@_@
I would of taken the metformin but hubby told me no way if it aint nateral Im not taking it he knows the docs are pill pushers. it could cause more harm than good. I would of tried it. I think our husband are the same if we cant do it nateral then it aint happening. DH finally said I could get my tubes clear but it cost so much now that he is gone again I dont find it worth it he will only have 3 to 4 weeks at home and we could miss it most of the time like we did in the past..hubby told me last night were gonna go with the flow not changing what were doing and enjoy our sex life and that god has a plan for me. so we dont talk about baby no more. but I think about it all the time lol..
enjoy your festival sounds like fun.
July 30th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Pray, then pray some more
You ladies are breaking my heart. Although my own heart is being broken. I've been at this 2 years and Shelia I know you've been at it longer than me. Why is TTC so hard? Why? It shouldn't be.

Sherry I don't know if it's normal or not. They are probably wanting to make sure the clomid even has a chance of working. If your tubes are blocked then it doesn't matter what you take. I don't know I'm just trying to make sense of it. I wish you had gotten better news really. I'm sorry.
Mrs.Elf and Shelz@_@ like this.

July 31st, 2014, 10:34 AM
Super Mommy
Sherry - have you checked with your insurance to see if they cover the consult & tests? I thought for sure mine wouldn't since a lot of insurances don't. We went in for the consult anyway, and their finance person found out that my plan does cover the consult & tests. They just won't cover anything beyond that (meaning if we need medical help to make it happen we're on our own).

Started my RX to make AF start (on CD38 now). And I'll be going in for the tests you mentioned when the witch shows. I'm not looking forward to the dye in the tubes at all, but I really want to know what is going on & what the reason is that I can't get pregnant. DH isn't looking forward to his SA either, but he finally agreed to it. Will be scheduling that when I schedule my tests.
Shelz@_@ likes this.

Missing our angel m/c on 12/11/14 at 11 weeks 3 days

July 31st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Shelz@_@
I hope it all works out for you ladies.. somethings will give..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search