animation with CS5

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blinkie Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2012, 10:24 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ok here is my tutorial for my animation i do.
i use photoshop CS5.

here is the blinkie i made with this tutorial

Step 1

i open my image and place my background colour

Step 2

i add my text, i kinda just added something fun this tutorial, i then merge my layers so my text is only 1 layer. this just makes it easier for later on in the blinkie making.

Step 3

i choose the image i want to animate, i went for the butterfly. if it isnt on a transparent layer i then make the background transparent. i then resize it to my desire size. for this blinkie i went with a height of 40.

Step 4

Copy and paste your image onto your blinkie

Step 5

Make sure your image layer is your active layer. i like to personalise it a bit by using the layer style. go into the layer menu, drop down to layer style, and click on layer style blending options. i like to tweak drop shadow, outer glow and stroke. just to make my image stand out.

my active layer

blending options

Step 6

i now move my image to the top corner where i want it to start from.

my starting point

Step 7

i duplicate my image layer and nudge it to where i want my next my image to be.

Step 8

i keep duplicating each image layer and moving it along either a bit up or down as i go along.

here is all my duplicated images

Step 10

now i start duplicating my text layers. i need to have almost as many text layers as my image layers. and i found duplicating as i go along, so my text layer is already partially done as i go along.

Step 11

now i go through and check which text layer is gonna go with with image layer. to make it easier you can rename them all with numbers so you know which image goes with which text layer.

image layer 2 is gonna go with text layer 2. so i have those selected, but make sure your text layer is active with all the next steps.
i now select my eraser tool.

Step 12

i erase sround where my image is touching my text. remember to work on text layer.

i then duplicate this text layer, and make sure i move to the image 3 layer. if you prefer to duplicate your text layers earlier make sure you on text layer 3 and image layer 3.
and then i erase where the butterfly is now touching.

i carry on doing this for all the text layers. just remember to match it to its corresponding image layer, but kept the text layer active.

until you run out of text

Step 13

then i go into the animation part and put it all together. i prefer to use a speed of 0.1 sec. but you can play around with it.

hope this makes sense.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

February 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
i use CS5 and i never knew that it had an animation part!! LOL doh! i have been copying and pasting my frames into animation shop, you do yours totally different to how i do mine and you must have alot of patience as i think i would get frustrated after a few minutes lol how long did it take you to make this blinkie? it looks sooo cool

February 18th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Sarah, do you know how to open the animation thing?
if not go to windows on the top and scroll down to animation.

it didnt take to long when i did the tutorail, maybe 45 mins.
for me the longest part is deciding on my background, lol.

i havent seen animation shop.

February 19th, 2012, 01:08 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
45minutes? ahh i'd get bored by then LOL

February 20th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Sarah, thats why i can only manage 1 animation a night. lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search