Adobe Elements Blinkie Tutorial

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blinkie Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Step1: open up new layer (As in photo)
Step 2: set width 150 height 21 click ok

Step 3: set colors (see above picture)

Step 4: click view and grid (see above pic) so that your block looks like the one in the pic
added***** set grid preferences by clicking on EDIT, Preferences , then grid and setting it as the picture shows

Step 5: zoom all the way in

step 6: choose the pencil tool and set it to 1 pt (see above pic)

step 7: add color to block with bucket tool(above pic)
step 8: select 2nd color

step9: with the pencil tool on 1pt go down 3 blocks all the way around(above pic)

step 10: duplicate layer by right clicking and duplicating ... do this 2 times so there is 3 layers

close the eyes beside all the layers except the bottom one by clicking on them to close and make sure you click on bottom layer so it is in the gray

step 11: change color

step 12: one pixel down and one over make 2 blocks filled in skip 4 fill in 2 more repeat (see above photo)

the above pic is what you should have now

step 13: close the eye one the bottom layer and open the eye on the middle layer and click on it

step 14: on this layer do the same as the last except instead of skipping 1 at the beginning skip 3! and then 4 just like the 1st layer

step 15: when you are done close the eye on this layer and open the eye on the top layer and click on it

step 16: instead of skipping 1 or 3 at the beginning skip 5 and then fill in 2 and skip 4 ...just like the other two

step 17: when all three layers are done click on the text tool and type something make sure the size of your font fits in the blinkie

step 18: duplicate layer 2 times

step 19: close all eyes except the 1st blinkie layer and the 1st text layer

step 20: click layer at the top and merge visible

step 21: close eye open eye on the 2nd blinkie layer and the 2nd text layer merge visible

step 22: close eyes open 3rd of blinkie layer and 3rd of text layer merge visible

you should have...

step 23: click file , save for web

step 24: check animate, set for .2 speed

step 25: save, ok

you should now have...

yay u just made a blinky
January 14th, 2007, 09:57 PM
my_boys_are_my_joy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like such a dummy. I'm stuck on step four. When I check the view-->grid, the grid is much bigger than yours. It doesn't have all the grid lines yours does. There's only like one and a quarter grid boxes height-wise & 8 and a quarter boxes width-wise. How do I get my grid to look like yours?

I tried to take a screen shot, but mine came out all blurry and the lines were hard to see at all. If you can tell me how you did your screen shots, I can give it to you if it'll help.

TIA!

a huge thank-you to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggy!
January 18th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ok go to Edit , pref, grid and set it as Style-Lines, Grid Line- every 1 -pixels, subdivisions - 4 and heres a screen shot..... and how I take a screen shot is ctrl+alt+print screen and paste into a new photo and resize ! I hope that this has helped I am sorry I didn't get to you sooner! I am stealing one of your blinkys :-)

I Have Added this to the tutorial also!! Under step 4 for the rest of ya'll!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search