Sam's ttcal Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2009, 11:43 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I finally decided to try to start a journal. Maybe it will help me to obsess less.

Background- DH and I originally met about 19 years ago in college. He was my first love, and promptly dumped me- because he was scared I was someone he could marry and he wasnít ready for that. (Neither was I and I wasnít even thinking that at the time. We remained friends, tried dating through the next several years, but something always got in the way- usually miss communication.
Flash-forward- I was married for 10 years, and it was falling apart. My ex wasnít a very nice person, plus he played with my feelings about having kids. Jim (DH) and I were in touch via email, and his marriage was also going downhill (she was having an affair). We ended up being a kind of support system to each other, although we were 1500 miles apart.
Another flash forward- we both ended up separated, and filing for divorce. Decided to meet up one weekend to see if anything was still there. I was going to Alabama on a business trip over Memorial Day weekend, so he met me there. It was the most absolutely perfect weekend!
Flash ahead some more, I moved back to MO, we were engaged 6 months later and got married last April. He is my best friend and soul-mate. Maybe why we always needed to know where the other was, even though there were years we didnít communicate.

Our TTC journey started last February- 2 months before we got married. We know we want children, and we donít have all the time in the world so we started early. It was slow going (in my mind) at the start.
In June I got my BFP! We were elated. We told everyone because we couldnít contain ourselves!
Then at about 6 weeks I started spotting. I had been having really bad cramps in my lower back, but was trying to only think positive. Had an early ultrasound all they could see was a thickening (they did not do an internal), but my cervix was closed. Put me on bed rest for a few days. About 3 days later I started having more severe cramps and passed tissue. My Dr. confirmed the m/c and continued to monitor my hsg levels. It was horrible, I bleed and cramped for almost 3 weeks, but I did pass everything naturally.

I got another BFP in October, and ended up losing that 4 days later- diagnosed a chemical. My Dr. referred me to an RE since I was 37 and two m/cís. First appointment available was December 5th.

Went and saw the RE on December 5th. He is absolutely wonderful! I had heard good things about him and immediately really like him and his staff. They did an internal US and immediately found a cyst right in the worse spot possible in my uterus. He was almost positive that was what was causing the m/cís. I was told to call them when I started my next cycle as I was about to O when they saw me. They called later that week and also diagnosed me with Hashimotoís syndrome (hypothyroidism).

We decided not to really ttc that month although they told us that it was fine, cause you never know, it might attach in a good spot. Well on December 21 I had the BFP! Went in for a beta check the next day and it was 11 they were surprised I had a positive- at that point I knew it was going to end up being another chemical. Sure enough AF showed up on Christmas. But I was officially diagnosed as re-current miscarriage.

Had my surgery on the 14th. Removed the evil cyst plus a few small ones. And he flushed boogers (his term) out of my tubes. During the lap he found a small amount of endometriosis and removed that too.
Going back tomorrow for my post-op, and hopefully to get clomid to just help jump start my ovaries, since I was on bc this past month for the surgery.

Thatís it. Sorry for being so long. I hope to try to post in here at least weekly. Just to keep myself from obsessing so much!

January 26th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Not much to update but I know if I donít keep at it I will not update as regularly as I would like.
No AF yet. Itís highly frustrating. We finally find out what was causing all the m/cís and get it fixed m get the green light to ttc, and then my body decides to go all haywire.
Iíve been trying OPKís hoping that maybe my body thought the surgery was AF. I have had a faint line, but no positives. Maybe I can O without having AF show up after surgery.
Gotta go back for more blood tests this week to update my thyroid levels. This is the 6 week check since starting medication. I hope the dose Iím on now worked. Iíve never been good at taking medication but had got my self trained on my pre-natalís and then had to switch those out in the morning for the thyroid, and try to remember to take my vitamins sometime during the day, because I know I will not remember to take them before bed.

February 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
So,. Iím sitting here at what I think is 11 dpo. Iím not completely sure, but considering I had positive opkís on the 30 and 31st Iím going with that. But because I havenít had AF since my surgery I keep questioning if those tests were real and if I did release an egg. Before that my cycles were very regular and 28 days on the nose. Except December was actually a chemical/ early m/c.
Anyway, my face has been breaking out since Sunday- not normal. Iím snotty as all heck today. In Keltyís fine tradition I have already gone through around 8 hpkís (hence why I bought the el cheapos on the internet. I succumbed yesterday and even ordered some I found that can detect HcG at 10, but those of course wonít be here till later in the week.
Iím driving myself nuts. I know this cycle/non-cycle was a long shot, and I know that if AF shows that can be a positive because we will start the IUI process.

I know I am a POAS addict, and that I need to stop worrying about it till at least Thursday or even wait till Saturday since usually I donít test positive until the day of or the day after AF is suppose to show. DH has threatened to hide all tests from me- like that would work I would just go buy more! But every gas bubble (yea did I mention I have been extremely gassy too?) I start questioning- was that a cramp? Was that AF trying to start?
OK I am certifiable at this point.

February 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Havenít updated this like I should!
AF arrived on the 13th- which is exactly 28 days from my surgery. I got into see my RE on Saturday and started Clomid on Sunday.
I havenít had a lot of side effects, some night sweats and hot flashes but thatís it so far. Wondering if I am going to get the painful ovulation pains.
I go in on Monday afternoon for a check, they will decide if Iím ready then or have to go back for a another check. When they think my follies are about ready they will give me a trigger to take that night usually around 10 pm then have you come back in at 10 the next morning for the IUI!
I was hoping to have the BFP by my first EDD and I might if they do a scan to see or send me for a blood test. I will ask them if they will and tell them why. Hopefully I can pull on their heartstrings!
Iím still holding out for Redís prediction to come true, if it all works next week I will get pregnant in February!

March 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I suck at updating this.
I had my IUI on February 25th. They did another vaginal u/s on Thursday and confirmed that I did O. Gave me progesterone vaginal suppositories, which I may or may not need. If I do need them they can make all the difference in a sticky bean, if I don’t they said it’s like spitting in the ocean- won’ t do anything.
I am well into the two week wait. I have tested to achieve a negative test- which means the trigger shot is out of my system. So now if I get a BFP, it’s really real!

Yesterday was my original EDD. I think it was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I really wanted a BFP, which I didn’t get, but knowing that I have a really good shot this month made it a lot easier.
My RE had told me before that he thought that the cyst he removed was the reason for all of my miscarriages’, and I am apparently fertile since I did get pregnant 3 times in 6 months. So with medical help in getting preggo this month, and the cyst being gone I’m really hopeful that we will get our sticky bean.
I really hate the 2WW!!

So far after the IUI and testing these are the results:
Feb 28- False positive
March 1- False positive
March 2- False positive
March 3- very faint false positive
March 4- looks negative to me!
March 5- still negative
March 6- another BFN, even tried a didgi because DH thought he could see a faint line.

March 12th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Completely frustrated.
Sitting here once again waiting fro AF to just start already so I can get on with things. At 15 dpo, pretty much all hope is gone for a BFP. I know good and well that IU still only gives you about a 25% chance on conceiving, not a big difference over naturally trying. But since I have proven to be fertile, I was really hoping our chance would have been greater.
I will try IUI with clomid for another 3 -4 cycles, then itís on to convince DH to try injectibles. I had been completely against using them because of the greater risk of multiples. But Iím not getting any younger either. I know my ovaries are young- according to the RE, so Iím in luck there, and I know I could hyper ovulate.
All those stupid things people say when they know you want children and are having issues say keep running in my head. From the asinine ones like just relax, to the down right mean- ďmaybe your not meant to have kidsĒ . Iím really trying to not get depressed about this, but I know my mother is going to be questioning me this weekend too. And I will have to listen to my sister complain that I shouldnít have even been seeing an RE yet, because it was way to early (guess the fact that I had a cyst that was in the exact worse place it could be still escapes her).

Ok enough rambling. Going to think positive that hopefully I will have the best Christmas present ever this year.

March 17th, 2009, 07:55 AM
On to cycle 2 with clomid and IUI.
We have officially been ttc for over a year. Granted we have been pregnant 3 times during the time, but never made it past 6 weeks.
I had my appointment with my RE yesterday morning, on day 3 of my cycle. They did an u/s to determine if I had any cysts. I was watching the screen as she did it and saw the two big blobs. The nurse told me that if the are over 2 (which I’, taking to be 2.0 or actually 20) they will not do clomid. The first measured 17 the second was 13. So all good there. She said they are left over follicles from the last cycle, and should dissipate on their own. Which drives me batty, because DH was so scared to DTD after the IUI, in case it caused any problems, and we missed two more possible eggies. I told him this time we will be BDing every chance we get, till a BFP or AF shows.
Back to the appointment- Came out of the room, and lo and behold the doctor was there. I always try for early morning appointments (this was at 7am) and he is never there yet, just me and nurses. He tells me first, these are not bad cysts, like the ones he removed. But because they are medium sized he wants to check my estrogen level to make sure they aren’t biologically active still. As long as it is less than 50 (51 would be ok too) then we would start back on the Clomid. They went ahead and wrote me a prescription for it, and took some blood to send off. They were to call me with the results and tell me if I could start or not.
After waiting all day, they finally called around 4:15, my estrogen was 32! Yea!! So I started the Clomid last night.

I know a lot of ladies are going to sit this cycle out because they don’t want to have a baby around Christmas. But since I’m a Christmas baby (28th), I am well aware of the pitfalls to avoid with a child’s birthday around the holidays. Plus I really want to have our first child before my birthday. We want 2 to 3 kids, and I know they will have to be closely spaced because of my age. I don’t want to still be ttc when I’m in my mid 40’s. If I get pregnant this cycle, I will be 38 when the baby is born. Then the current plan is when the first is about 6 months old we start again. That will put me at 40 for the second. We will most likely only go for a third if we have two of the same sex. But that would still put me at 41 or 42 for the third. I really wish we had the chance to go back and do this years ago, when we were younger. But as much as it hurt at the time, I’m really glad neither of us had children with our ex’s. DH will be a great dad, my ex would have been a nightmare.

This entry sure rambled on…. I’m staying positive that this cycle is going to be it!

Cycle 1- BFN
Cycle 2- BFN
Cycle 3- BFN (but got married!)
Cycle 4-First time using opk’s, BFN!
Cycle 5- BFN!
Cycle 6- BFP! – m/c at 6 weeks
Cycle 7-BFN
Cycle 8 BFN
Cycle 9-BFP! m/c –chemical at 4 and Ĺ weeks. Referred to RE appointment not till Dec.
Cycle 10 BFN
Cycle 11-BFN, appointment with re, have uterine cysts and hypothyroid. Can have sx to remove cyst next cycle.
Cycle12- BFP!! m/c- chemical at 4 weeks.
Cycle 13- shortened cycle because body reset itself, surgery became the start of the cycle for me.
Cycle 14- Clomid and IUI- BFN
Cycle 15- Clomid and IUI-

Last edited by *SamF*; March 17th, 2009 at 08:03 AM.
March 23rd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Tomorrow I find out if my ovaries cooperated this cycle. Las time I had one really good one on the right and a couple of ok ones on the left. I’m hoping we get at least 3 really good ones. I don’t want triplets, but would like to increase the odds that we get it this cycle.
I know the stress is getting to me, because I dreamed last night that this cycle failed, and we were told that we wouldn’t be able to have a biological baby, and then we were turned down for adoption because of our age. I know that’s not true, but made for a dozy of a dream!
So crossing fingers for lots of follicles!

March 25th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Day of IUI #2! (may be TMI)
All went well. We got there a little early, they still made us wait till 9 on the dot to go back to the Ďmenís roomí for DHís part. Got that done, then we had and hour and a half to kill.
So we went driving around, stopped and looked at light fixtures for the stair case, but found lamps for the living room that I love, so have to go back and get those later.
Drove around some more, then finally went back to the office, we were still about 40 minutes early. Ran down to the pharmacy and picked up the progesterone suppositories that I get to start Saturday.
They finally took us back at 10:50. The speculum hurt like hell this time for some reason. They got all the swimmers in (DH had a million more this time). She warned me (TMI) that the leaking I was feeling was CM not the specimen. I laid there for the required 20 minutes, and couldnít believe when I got up, the spot I left, apparently she pulled out all CM that was in me! (gross I know)

It was nice though DH sat there the whole time holding my hand. I think he is more anxious this time too.

Now the obsession with testing begins again.

Cycle 1- BFN
Cycle 2- BFN
Cycle 4-First time using opkís, BFN!
Cycle 5- BFN!
Cycle 6- BFP! Ė m/c at 6 weeks
Cycle 7-BFN
Cycle 8 BFN
Cycle 9-BFP! m/c Ėchemical at 4 and Ĺ weeks. Referred to RE appointment not till Dec.
Cycle 10 BFN
Cycle 11-BFN, appointment with re, have uterine cysts and hypothyroid. Can have sx to remove cyst next cycle.
Cycle 13- shortened cycle because body reset itself, surgery became the start of the cycle for me.
Cycle 15- Clomid and IUI- in 2ww wait

April 2nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
In the 2WW. This is the worst part of ttc!
I’m at 8dpo, have negative tests- which is good because it means the trigger is gone and if it turns positive it’s real!
Nothing else to add at this point, just waiting and POAS all the time.

Cycle 1- BFN
Cycle 2- BFN
Cycle 5- BFN!
Cycle 7-BFN
Cycle 8 BFN
Cycle 9-BFP! m/c –chemical at 4 and Ĺ weeks. Referred to RE appointment not till Dec.
Cycle 10 BFN
Cycle 15- Clomid and IUI- in 2ww wait

April 6th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Iím at what I think is 12dpo and a BFN. If by chance Iím a day off I would still hope that by now Iíd get a ++test.
SO frustrating, I keep checking to see if I have any symptoms-which I donít.
This means that we have had 2 failed IUI cycles. I donít understand this because before we were able to get pregnant, just not stay pregnant. Now they fix the problem, and I canít get pregnant. AF is due Friday. Which means I go back in on Monday for an U/S to check for cysts. If all is well we try our third cycle. I think this will be my last for Clomid, I want to move to injectibles if it doesnít work.
Cycle 1- BFN
Cycle 2- BFN
Cycle 4-First time using opkís, BFN!
Cycle 5- BFN!
Cycle 6- BFP! Ė m/c at 6 weeks
Cycle 7-BFN
Cycle 8 BFN
Cycle 9-BFP! m/c Ėchemical at 4 and Ĺ weeks. Referred to RE appointment not till Dec.
Cycle 10 BFN
Cycle 15- Clomid and IUI- thinking it's a BFN.

April 9th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Today is 15dpo, and no BFP, and no symptoms.
Getting discouraged about the whole TTC thing. I know we still have a chance, we have gotten pregnant before, just not sure why now all of a sudden with medical help which was suppose to up our chances, cab I not get pregnant!
Not ready to through the towel in yet. I know we can keep moving up in our medical efforts. But that brings on all sorts of money and family issues.

I think my problem today is it’s all gray and overcast outside, which is just making me feel more depressed.

Cycle 1- BFN
Cycle 2- BFN
Cycle 5- BFN!
Cycle 7-BFN
Cycle 8 BFN
Cycle 10 BFN
Cycle 15- Clomid and IUI- thinking it's a BFN.

April 14th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Ok so cycle 15 was a bust.
Had my appointment with my RE yesterday afternoon. I was already to start questioning him about changing meds. I did some research and knew I wanted to try the injectables. So- I was sitting there half naked, waiting for them to come in to do the u/s, which is typically a nurse. But the Dr. came in to do it (2nd time heís done it- I feel special). He came in sat down and started going over my chart with me. Talking about ďweíve tried to cycles of Clomid and your 38Ö.Ē I interrupted and asked him if Marnie (my nurse) had told him I called that morning about trying injectables. He said, she may have but he forgot- but ďheck we are on the same page and it sounds like Iím preachin to the choirĒ. LOL I thought I was going to have to convince him to let me try something different, and he was coming in to convince me to try the same thing.
Anyway, u/s went fine, they took blood to check estrogen and FSH. They gave me my first round of injecatbles out of the slush fund there, and where ordering my script overnight to replace that one and give me another box.
They put me on 150 units, which is a starting dose. We discussed starting higher, but higher order multiples scare the crap out of me. I told him I could handle twins, but more than that was a bit scary. He told me that he thinks with this dose Iím running about a 15-20% chance of twins and a 1-2% chance of triplets. But not to worry because they will be monitoring me very closely, I have to go in every three days for an u/s to check my follies. If it looks like Iím over responding we will back off, if Iím not responding enough we increase the dosage.

So started the meds last night, discovered Iím a big wimp.

April 16th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Had my three day check this morning with eh RE. I had at least two really good looking follies (one was 11 and the other 12). They took more blood to check my estrogen. Depending on that, they will call me today to tell me to do the same dose as I have been doing or back down to 100cc. I go back in on Saturday morning for another check, then most likely will do the IUI on Monday or Tuesday.
He did talk to me again about the risk of multiples. I told him I am perfectly fine with twins, and we would be ok with triplets, but after that I start to get overly worried about complications. He wanted to make sure that if between Saturday and Monday my ovaries went crazy and I ended up with a super high number 8++, would I consider (not decide) going to New York for a reduction. In a case like that I honestly would have to consider it because the chance of survival for the babies and me goes down significantly, DH would drag me there himself. He gets overly worried about anything that puts me at any risk.
I don’t want anyone to get offended about that choice. I don’t know if I could personally ever go through with a reduction, but in extreme circumstances it would have to be at least a consideration. Not that I’m expecting it to even come to that, nor does my Dr.
I’m actually really excited about this cycle. I really think this might work!!

Cycle 1- BFN
Cycle 2- BFN
Cycle 5- BFN!
Cycle 7-BFN
Cycle 8 BFN
Cycle 10 BFN
Cycle 15- Clomid and IUI- BFN
Cycle 16- Injectables (Gonal RFF) and IUI tentative date 4/20

April 16th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Double post.

Last edited by *SamF*; April 16th, 2009 at 06:55 AM.
April 22nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
The IUI went great. DH had 30 million little swimmers, so that was great!! 4 million more than last time!
Now on to the 2WW and obsessing, I am keeping track of everything offline- just so I can share a good BFP when I get one!
Cycle 1- BFN
Cycle 2- BFN
Cycle 5- BFN!
Cycle 7-BFN
Cycle 8 BFN
Cycle 10 BFN
Cycle 15- Clomid and IUI- BFN
Cycle 16- Injectables (Gonal RFF) and IUI

April 30th, 2009, 02:17 PM
9DPO and a faint line, but it was dark enough that I could see it without holding it up to the light!!
Nervous that it is a false positve or that is going to turn into another chemical. But EVERYTHING looked good this cycle.
I'm going to get more tests tonight to see if they are better!
Bloodwork scheduled for saturday.

May 5th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Ok here's the breakdown of this entire cycle.

Sunday 12-Apr-09 Cycle day 1 AF AF showed
Monday 13-Apr-09 Cycle day 2 u/s, all looks good, no cysts. Start injectables Gonal RFF 150ccs
Tuesday 14-Apr-09 Cycle day 3 150ccs Gonal
Wednesday 15-Apr-09 Cycle day 4 150ccs Gonal
Thursday 16-Apr-09 Cycle day 5 u/s 2 really good follies, lining looks great. Blood work came back great. 150ccs Gonal
Friday 17-Apr-09 Cycle day 6 150ccs Gonal EWCM in abundance- BD!!
Saturday 18-Apr-09 Cycle day 7 u/s lining is perfect according to the Dr. 3 good follies! Blood work came back great. 150ccs Gonal
Sunday 19-Apr-09 Cycle day 8 Trigger shot!
Monday 20-Apr-09 Cycle day 9 nothing day, had a faint false positive, don't like these tests should have been darker.
Tuesday 21-Apr-09 Cycle day 10 IUI O day!
Wednesday 22-Apr-09 Cycle day 11 1 dpo Still testing positive, line is darker than before.
Thursday 23-Apr-09 Cycle day 12 2 dpo Super vivid dreams about nursing a baby girl, bb's sore, and mild cramps.
Friday 24-Apr-09 Cycle day 13 3 dpo slight positive
Saturday 25-Apr-09 Cycle day 14 4 dpo did not test!
Sunday 26-Apr-09 Cycle day 15 5 dpo Negative
Monday 27-Apr-09 Cycle day 16 6 dpo Negative
Tuesday 28-Apr-09 Cycle day 17 7 dpo Negative
Wednesday 29-Apr-09 Cycle day 18 8 dpo Negative
Thursday 30-Apr-09 Cycle day 19 9 dpo light positive
Friday 1-May-09 Cycle day 20 10 dpo Line is darker, definitely a BFP!!
Saturday 2-May-09 Cycle day 21 11 dpo Beta-48
Sunday 3-May-09 Cycle day 22 12 dpo Still testing positive, line is darker than before.
Monday 4-May-09 Cycle day 23 13 dpo Beta-201!!!!!!!!
Tuesday 5-May-09 Cycle day 24 14 dpo
Wednesday 6-May-09 Cycle day 25 15 dpo
Thursday 7-May-09 Cycle day 26 16 dpo
Friday 8-May-09 Cycle day 27 17 dpo
Saturday 9-May-09 Cycle day 28 18 dpo

November 2nd, 2010, 06:16 AM
Been over a year since I updated this.

CJ was born Jan 8th 2010. We lost his twin around 7.5 weeks.

Because of my age we didn't want to wait to long to try for #2. We started TTC when he hit 6 months. Our plan is to do it ourselves vs going back to the RE

We got pregnant the second month trying in August. m/c at 4.5 weeks
Got pregnant the next cycle. Really didn't think there was a chance.
At 6 weeks- no HB measuring 5 weeks. At 7 weeks HB measuring a little over 5 weeks. At 9 weeks measuring 7 weeks 2 days and nice strong HB of 164 bpm.
two days later small amount of spotting and I just had the feeling something was wrong. Next morning horrible cramps. Went in for an u/s and the baby had died the day before. Had a D&C the next day.

taking a 1-2 cycle hiatus, but will track ovulation at least.

November 17th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Today is one of those obsessing days.
I should be going in for my NT scan this week. I also should be pulling out my maternity clothes.
I hate being stuck in this waiting game for tests to come back and AF to get here. I want to TTC next cycle, but the doctor wants my thyroid under control first. Also DH seems to think we need to wait one more cycle- I don't want to wait! I have that dreaded numbered birthday coming up at the end up December and I really want to be pregnant for it. If AF shows up when I expect her (about two weeks) and all goes well and we do TTC I should be testing the week of Christmas, or even on my birthday.
Thankful I don't have a lot of pregnant people around right now, I really don't think I could take it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search