Nina's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Veteran
Had a m/c on Tuesday, November 29th early in the morning. My LMP was October 10th. Oh god, almost two months ago? Ugh. My cycles had been about 32 days long, so I probably conceived around Oct. 26th. I was nearly 7 weeks pregnant.

Bled from Tuesday until yesterday (Saturday) night. Still feeling some pregnancy symptoms (sore boobs, notably, and bloating). Just want the symptoms to go away so I know I am getting back on a regular cycle.

I am hoping somehow that I may have a normal cycle this month, though I know that is unlikely. I have HPT strips that test for HcG at a level of 10. Two days ago there was still a faint line showing positive. Until that goes away I'm sure there's no hope of O'ing.

Going to test again tonight to see if HPT is still positive. If not, I will move on to testing with OPKs starting probably Friday (which would be CD 11). I don't think I O until CD 15 or 16, but with this potentially being a very screwy cycle, I want to keep on top of things. Not really expecting to be lucky enough to get a positive in the next month or two....but it would be nice.

Also, I have very low progesterone (or I did last pregnancy....below a 5 when I was 6 weeks pregnant). I have the suppositories I got in a vein attempt to save that pregnancy). If I do O, I will start taking them two days later, and cross my fingers.

Will update with the results of my HPT. Here's hoping for a negative.
December 6th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Veteran
Got my negative HPT yesterday, which was great. Now I'm hoping that somehow my body kicks itself into gear for a regular cycle. I have heard that many women don't O in the cycle immediately following a miscarriage, so that definitely may be the case. But I wouldn't want to miss a chance if I do in fact O, so I will check with the OPKs as planned.

In other news, it's my birthday today. I knew this was going to be hard, because I was expecting to turn 29 with a little bean in my belly, and instead I have nothing. Also, today's just a regular old day. Worked this morning. Going to class in a few minutes. Then picking up the girls (did I mention I have 4 year old twins? Pretty normal pregnancy with them, except I had to use clomid after I didn't get pregnant for over 6 months). Boring day, and nothing too exciting to make my mind off of missing being pregnant.

I also have a pretty important job interview tomorrow that I'm very nervous about. I apparently stink at interviews. Anyway, this is sort of feeling like my last chance to secure a job before I graduate. Otherwise, come summer, I'm going to be all ready to work with nowhere to go. Blah. Today sucks.

On Wednesday the 14th I have a m/c follow up appointment so they can do an u/s and make sure everything is out of my body. Since the HPT was negative I assume that it's all good, but I guess they have to check.

Off to class. Will post more when there's something to say.
December 8th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Veteran
Bad day today. Got rejected for a job I interviewed for two weeks ago (not the really important one, but the one that I thought would be pretty easy to get as a back up option. Apparently, not so easy after all). Plumber came to fix our tub and said he couldn't today, and it would cost maybe up to $1000 if we want to schedule another time. Ugh! Now, when bad things like this happen, my mind just jumps to the miscarriage and I think, "great, here's just one more thing in a long string of ****** events." Hospitalization, a miscarriage, no job, gaining weight like crazy (up 20 pounds now in a month). It just makes me want to give up and lay in bed for days.

On another note, very negative OPK today (CD 10), which makes sense. I'm hoping in five or six days I'll get a positive (never seen a positive OPK before) so that I can at least know what my body is up to.

Now I have to go study for finals. All of them are early next week. Ever wish you could just fast forward time a little? A week from today and I'll probably be in a much better mood (although I'll still be pudgy and with no job prospects!!!)
December 13th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Veteran
CD 15 and still my OPK is very negative. Hmmm..... maybe I just won't O this month. I guess that's not too strange for a cycle immediately after a m/c. Sad though. Off to the doctor tomorrow (finally, 15 days after the m/c) for a follow up to make sure everything is gone. Not going to be a fun appointment.

Also, DH hurt his back, which makes DTD difficult, to say the least. I guess with no O there is no TTC need to be together....but it would still be nice!
December 14th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Veteran
I had a positive OPK today! After yesterday's very negative test, I didn't trust the cheapie OPK I used, even though the test line looked darker than the other. So, I backed up the result with a digi, and got a beautiful smiley face.

So, here's the cycle so far:

DTD on CD 6, 7, 10(I think?), 14 and 16 (that's today).

Will persuade DH to DTD tomorrow and Friday (CD 17 and 18), and see where we got from there.

Glad to know that my body is bouncing back from the m/c. CD 16 is about when I would expect to see an OPK, since my cycles before m/c were 31 or 32 days. Looks like we're back on track on the babymakin' train....
December 19th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Veteran
Well things did NOT go as planned over the last week. My kids woke up puking on my CD 17, so TTC was out for that day. The next day I started puking, so it was out for the whole weekend.

Feeling kind of miserable. Very tired after working a double shift. Turned down for another job. When will things start to go right?
December 28th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Babybun's Avatar Veteran
Nina, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss... But I promise you things will get better. I know that anytime my hubby and I have problems I say to myself "tomorrows another day, life goes on, it'll be better tomorrow" and for the majority of the time it has gotten better. I also recently had a mc and I'm tryin to figure out my new cycle. It's so stressful but I'm optimistic! Good luck and I'll keep checking back in on you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search