Holly's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Let's start with the basics about me. I am 27 years old, I am married to a wonderful guy who after some problems, I have realized he is my soulmate and the man I am going to spend the rest of my life with It took some counseling to realize this when I didn't know what I really wanted was right in front of me.
I am the mother of 3 beautiful children, ages 10, 8 & 3. In between the children though I have suffered miscarriages. First one was in 1996, second one was in 1999 with twins, 3rd was in Feb. 2006 and the most recent was on the 4th of July.
I suffer from endometriosis and PCOS. I am on metformin 500mg twice a day. I am currently trying to lose weight. I did find out when I was in the ER last Tuesday, I lost 7 lbs. in 1 month just from eating better and drinking more water. I will admit I don't work out like I am supposed to but DH & I are both going to start walking.
DH suffers from diabetes and in 2003 he had a TIA (mini-stroke). He is on meds for the diabetes (metformin, avandia & glyburide) and on meds to prevent another TIA (aspirin and plavix). He just recently got put on medicine for high blood pressure, though it is not dangerously high, just a sort of prevention.

Since having the m/c, Scott & I have talked about it. We are waiting till the next cycle to TTC with clomid. With my June cycle I was supposed to go on it but I missed the cycle when I got my BFP. As of right now we are not trying but we are not preventing either. I don't know if I am going to O so soon. I am just glad the m/c happened naturally and I did not have to have a D&C this time.

So that is my story in a nutshell.

July 10th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Miles
Sorry about your miscarriage hun. I hope you can get pg without the clomid!
July 10th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about all your troubles. Good luck with the clomid!

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

July 11th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Thank you both! Wishing you the best of luck also!

Now for my entry for today:
I stopped bleeding from the m/c on Sunday, early in the day. Last night was the first time we DTD after the m/c but I must tell you, Scott was a little scared to. He was the one who initiated it but then started feeling funny about it. I assured him I was fine though. This is a big change from the man who he used to be. He used to be real persistent.

Yesterday Scott was sending an e-mail to one of his EMS friends. He asked me if he could tell her what happened. I appreciate him asking me but I feel it was also his baby too and he is upset just the same over what happened.

I am going to be looking into getting an OPK. I have heard a lot (not all) of women had success with it. Plus, it will help me determine O time, especially with Scott working 24 hour shifts.

Well, I am going to get the kids & Scott up. He told me last night before he went to bed he is on-call today so if he hasn't gotten called in before 10am, he is pretty much fine. I want to take the kids to a nature preserve close to our house we just noticed not that long ago.

July 21st, 2006, 10:09 AM
I know I have not updated my journal in a while. I guess probably since I have not gotten my first AF since the m/c yet. I know it just happened but I am anxious to start TTC again. Scott is hoping I may have Oed already and maybe we caught the eggie this month. I highly doubt it. So that is what has been going on as far as TTC for this month.
Things are hectic around the house, getting summer cleaning done, Scott is picking up lots of extra hours at work. He went this morning at 7am and works till 7pm tomorrow night. Uggh. But we really could use the extra money for other things.

September 3rd, 2006, 09:15 PM
Miles
Hey hun sorry for your loss did AF ever show up?
September 4th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Yes actually I have now had 2 AF's since then. Right after I posted that entry, the witch showed up and then last week was my 2nd cycle since then.

Entry:
I have been really bad about temping and charting. I am trying but with all the changes going on in my household, it is hard to. CJ is starting preschool on Wed. so I know things will settle into a routine. Right now I have been still waking up at different times because my DH thinks it is a great idea to sleep in and he gets the older kids off to school. I love that he is being considerate of me but I am trying to be more scheduled. So I told him once CJ starts school, I want to be the one getting him ready. It is something special to me. My older 2 kids are self-sufficient enough where they like to get themselves up, pick out their own clothes and get their own breakfast, while my DH supervises. But CJ is going to need a lot of care getting ready for school since he is only 3.

OK enough rambling about that.

I have been wrestling with my feelings about my so-called best friend. She is pregnant with her EIGHTH child, is on welfare, has 4-5 fathers for her kids, goes out every weekend whenever she can sucker someone into taking the kids but then calls me selfish for telling her I need the kids picked up at 1am because I have to work the next morning. I did some soul searching yesterday because I thought I was just jealous of her having so many children who were all unplanned and she can't afford to take care of them at all, while we want another and are having such a hard time achieving it. In a way I guess I am jealous but not just because someone around me is pregnant. Just because of the situation she is in.

September 4th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Miles
Aww glad to hear you had not 1 but 2! CJ starting preschool, mine is going into kindergarten ugh!

As for your friend, I know the feeling I told you about the one I have. I did notice that no matter what she is a friend I have to stick by her, also Dh always told me that she would stick herself and she did. So I am so sure yours will stick herself and get into a wrose spot than she is in and maybe learn from that. Maybe not who knows, but karma sucks. Your not a selfish person at all, if you wanna stay friends I say stick by her, if you dont than leave it alone. With mine I dont talk to her like I used to, we used to call each other every day now its like we do talk once a month if that. Which to me is fine. Good luck on what you choose to do and I do know how hard it is if you need to chat I am here for you hun. (((HUGS)))
September 4th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Awww Chy is going to love kindergarten! Is she excited about going?

CJ is going to special-needs preschool. It starts this Wed. I am only having a problem with the bus. We live in a mobile home court and when we first registered him last spring, they said it was no problem for the bus to come in here to get him. Last Friday I had a parent orientation meeting to attend and I got the bus assignment. They want me to take him to the front of the mobile home park, where the speed limit is 50mph to wait for the bus. I stopped taking him up there to pick up the other 2 kids because he tries to run in the road, where there is also heavy semi traffic...he has absolutely no sense of danger, that is why he is also in occupational therapy so he can learn to be aware of his surroundings. He is going to be riding one of the little busses so I know they won't have a problem due to the size because there are UPS trucks, fire trucks and ambulances that can go all the way around. They want to jeopardize my son's safety just to shave a couple of minutes off the bus route. I don't think so. So I talked to the preschool coordinator and she agrees and tomorrow I will hear what the bus garage says. I told her if they are not willing to come in here to at least pick him up in the morning, I am pulling him out of the program. My next-door neighbor told me to call the local news crew.
He was approved to ride the bus because he is considered disabled. The peer demonstrators (children up to par with development, used to be examples to the special-needs children) are not eligible for transportation to the preschool, their parents have to take them everyday. And every 3rd day when my DH is working I can't get him to & from school because we only have 1 vehicle for the time being.
My DH & I argue a lot because sometimes he doesn't agree with a decision I made about the children but he is behind me all the way on this one.

September 4th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Miles
Chy went to headstart when she was 3 loved it and this past July they had her in school the whole month to get used to it. She is ready to go now she keeps asking me every am if she gets to go today. We live in a trailer park which I am thinking is the same as you and they do the same thing we have to take her to the end of the park to get on and off the bus. We dont have a prob getting her to school it will be some times from school if Dh works at noon because we to only have one car at the moment. We have 2 just dont have the other one on the road yet, I cant wait until we do through! Is he excited to go?
September 4th, 2006, 10:36 PM
He wasn't over the summer at all but since going to open house on the 23rd he is. When him and my MIL dropped me off at that parent orientation, he said "my teacher" and tried to jump out of the car. It was too cute!

September 5th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Miles
Awww did you hear about the bus yet will they do it?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search