Lori's TTCAL Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
My Husband and I have been married almost 12 years. For the majority of our married life I struggled with PCOS and took birth control to regulate my cycle. A couple of years ago, I decided I no longer wanted to be on birth control, and went off. In conjunction with stopping birth control, I began a low carb lifestyle. To date I have lost over 150 pounds. My doctor said he no longer sees/feels signs of the ovarian cysts, and my cycles are now like clockwork (I can even feel when my body ovulates). In February 2013 (the day after Valentine's Day), we found out I was 6 weeks pregnant!!! WE WERE SO ECSTATIC!!! However, our joy was short-lived; the following week I miscarried the pregnancy. I have honestly never felt such feelings of emptiness & guilt. My OBGYN is absolutely phenomenal--he called several times the week of the miscarriage to check on me. He constantly reminded me that I got pregnant & that was HUGE. He told me now we had to figure out if anything was going on to cause the pregnancy to fail (or if it was just one of those things). My husband and I began aggressively pursuing becoming parents--with the support of our wonderful OBGYN. Last week I had blood work confirming I have low Progesterone (my OBGYN felt that may have been the case due to previous blood work he ordered right after the miscarriage). We meet again with our OBGYN to decide what type of Progesterone supplements will be best..and we'll go from there. We are praying for a BFP & sticky baby SOON!!! I'm so glad to have found this messageboard; it's just the outlet I have been looking for. My friends are as supportive as they know how to be, but they don't really understand what I'm going through. Thanks for listening.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search