Sharon's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Sharon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
August 25th

I had a dream several weeks ago about discovering I was pregnant, then the terror I felt about actually being pregnant. It was that dream that helped me realize I needed a real, sincere break from ttc. So I didn't find it too hard this month to let ttc go. I would wonder what day I was in my cycle, but not so seriously that I would try to figure it out. I had a general idea, but would put it out of my mind before I got to "figuring" on it.

Yesterday I decided I should at least find out if I was even close to O'ing, but it wasn't such a strong feeling that I immediately went to the calendar to check. I forgot (it gets easier when you let it) until later yesterday afternoon. When I checked I was shocked. I was apparently supposed to O on the 23rd or the 24th of this month.

That is when I started thinking...and those thoughts caused very high levels of excitement. DH and I had been enjoying getting back to making love rather than baby dancing. The morning of the 23rd, we enjoyed ourselves with what I previously thought of as making love, but now, knowing what I know, I see it may have been baby dancing! The whole day on the 232rd, I kept feeling a little crampy and a general bloated kind of feeling, but I just put it down to the mornings' "activities" and the idea of ovulating didn't even cross my mind...until I checked the calendar.

So, as of today, just because there is a good, strong chance I might actually get a BFP this time, I'm going to keep a journal of my 2ww. I have no idea if it will actually end happily or not, but since we've both been relaxed as far as the ttc thing, and we did BD the same day I'm pretty sure I O'd, if I'm not pregnant this time, I just don't think it's going to happen!

...and now, let the journey, um, journal, begin.

2 DPO: Today I haven't felt much except excitement. I am a little queasy, but I think that may be just because I didn't sleep well last night. I am bloated and full feeling. I grabbed a bag of potato chips last night while we were shopping and it surprised DH, since I don't normally eat them. I was craving the salt. I ate the whole bag too...that might be the reason I'm bloated, although my hands aren't swollen and that's the first place I swell when I eat too much salt.

That's about it for today. I'm tired, but again, that may well be from sleeping so badly last night.

5:04pm I'm having slight cramps in my lower abdomen - enough to be noticed.
August 25th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
good luck sharon, i hope this is it for you!
August 26th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks Danielle.

Aug 26th @ 11:38am

3 DPO
I woke up around 12:30 last night sick to my stomach. I ran to the bathroom twice, thinking I was going to throw up, but never did...much to my regret. I ate a piece of bread, thinking that would help, but it didn't. I drifted off to sleep after a little while and when I got up this morning, I felt ok again. I still feel bloated and am having cramps in my lower abdomen still...way down low though. Yesterday they weren't too bad, but this morning it's almost like AF is getting ready to surprise me.

I'm weepy. The dumbest things are making me struggle against tears, and I actually did lose the fight once this morning, causing DH to go into "worry mode".

Nothing else I could call a symptom, I guess....then again, if I happen to be pregnant, it would be very early on and no symptoms isn't surprising.
August 29th, 2006, 01:54 PM
7 DPO: Nothing new to report. Still having some cramps, and icky tummy but that's pretty much it.
August 30th, 2006, 11:33 AM
8 DPO:

1. woke up to a nasty sick stomach.
2. bloated and emotional
3. boobs a little sore, but no more than when AF is coming
4. slight cramping in my lower abdomen
5. hunger - eating everything!
August 31st, 2006, 07:21 AM
9 DPO:

1. still got the sick stomach - lasts until around 3:30 or so.
2. very bloated and feel full - scales say I've lost 4 pounds.
3. still eating everything that doesn't eat me first - amazed I've lost rather than gained.
4. tired, tired, tired - went to bed at 7:00 last night - DH joined me about 7:30...said he missed me.
5. no cramps, no sore boobs - which indicates to me that AF is knocking on the door.
6. add weepy and emotional since typing #5 made me want to cry.

Maybe it's just my hormones, but I'm beginning to think AF is going to show up. I think that I'll wait one more month, just to see if "jenny renny" is right (conceive a boy in September), then I think I'll work on getting DH to stop ttc. I'm not losing my mind over it - but I can feel myself sinking into a type of depression over it and when it gets to that point, it's time to stop.
September 1st, 2006, 07:54 AM
10 DPO:

1. stomach feeling better.
2. still bloated and full feeling
3. not eating as much as I was
4. still very tired - went to bed at 7:30 last night.
5. grouchier than a bear with a headache!
6. pretty sure AF is coming
7. cramping a little on the lower sides, where ovaries are.

I'm not due until the 5th, so I'm not out yet, but...

3:47pm: I'm feeling like AF is coming. Slight cramps in my back and feel like I need to wear protection. Oh well, I've been thinking that I'm not having any symptons that aren't AF too - didn't even tell DH that we BD'd right when we should have so he wouldn't get his hopes up again. I may not even have really ovulated, who knows? I'm feeling a little sad now, but I'll keep journaling until AF shows her ugly face.
September 3rd, 2006, 02:58 PM
12 DPO: Well, I couldn't stand it. I wasn't going to test until I missed AF, but Dh has been having morning sickness the last two days and he's always had it right along with me every pregnancy so...I admit it...I got a little excited and we went and bought two dollar tree tests (that's all DH would let me buy or I'd have five or six!!!!) Anyway, put his m/s together with:

1. tired
2. a LOT of gas now
3. icky tummy
4. did I mention tired?
5. crampy and emotional
6. bloated and full

and what have you got? A very, very faint line in the positive side. We're still a little careful about getting excited, but I had to come on here and post...DH's words? "Let's not get too excited yet...we'll see if we can keep this baby." Broke my heart, but I guess it's true.

Anyway...unless we're seeing things, we're pregnant.
September 3rd, 2006, 06:28 PM
Miles
Oh I have been thinking about you and was curious how you have been. OMG girl you have to post the pic of the test I wanna see. I am so excited for you.
September 3rd, 2006, 06:41 PM
juls2006
Sharon~ i really hope this is it for you. you really deserve to finally get your baby. i'll keep you in my thoughts and pray that you get a sticky one this time. good luck
September 3rd, 2006, 08:08 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Good luck! I am rooting for you!

September 4th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Thanks everyone.

We tested again this morning and the faint line just faded out within a few minutes...kind of an anti-climax for us. DH says I have to "hold it in" for five hours and we'll test at lunchtime. LOL I told him, he'd have to hold it right along with me and he grimaced.

Judging from the cramps I'm having I'd say it'll be a BFN, but that first one yesterday certainly came up a BFP as soon as the urine hit it.

I ate some of my favorite donuts for breakfast this morning and they tasted nasty, so I'm still not counting myself out - I'm just trying very hard not to think of myself as pregnant yet.

Anyway...add nasty taste to the list of symptoms on 13 DPO and I'll let it go at that for now.

Thanks again everyone, for the encouraging words.
September 4th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
good luck sharon, i hope this is it for you!
September 5th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Miles
LOTS OF LUCK AND BABY DUST HUN!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search