Hello...just thought i would share

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
proudmom3's Avatar Wait for it....
Send a message via Yahoo to proudmom3

<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">I went to bed around 10:00pm on Sunday 4-20-2008. I was feeling fine, other than the mild cramps that I been having for a couple of weeks now.

I awoke several minutes before midnight with horrid belly cramps. It never crossed my mind that I was in labor. My original thought was that I was going to be sick. I got up to go to the bathroom but the cramps only got worse. These cramps were immobilizing when they struck! All I wanted to do was bend forward or crouch. This was something I have never experienced in labor.

12:10am I woke up hubby and told him something isn't right, or I am in labor! I went into the kitchen to call my OB, while on the phone with his answering service I had another contraction. I dropped the phone, Jessica took it to Chris. They told us to head to the hospital now. (hubby didn't have to tell me twice). Chris called his mom to come over to sit with the kids. Jessica stayed with them until MIL showed up.

12:20am On the way to the hospital, i threw up several times and the pain was unbearable at this point! I was having these crampy contractions every minute or so!

12:40am We got to the hospital and Chris yelled at the security that we needed a wheel chair. He told the security guy that I was 37 weeks and baby is breech...this made the guy get a little more pep in his step! He told Chris to check me in while they take me to labor and delivery.

12:42am We had a 4.2 aftershock (lol) I did not feel a thing, or care!

12:47am My nurse checked my cervix and i was already 9cm dilated! My OB came to the hospital, although he was not on call that night.

12:49am I was prepped for a c-section. My OB came in to check me as well and I was 10 cm dilated with my bag of water bulging and his butt low in my pelvic area.

12:50am My OB said change of plans, we are having a breech vaginal. delivery now. (mind you this is all natural, no drugs!!) He got the rest of his "gear" on and did perineal massage and was making sure the cord was not coming first.
12:51am Dr B told me to that I could now push with each contractions.

12:53am Bags of water broke and I was told to continue pushing.

4-21-08
1:10am My legs in Mc Roberts and a nurse giving sub pubic pressure...To deliver his head, Dr. B had to rotate his little head for a safer position. (ouch!!)

1:12am Drake entered the world...He required oxygen, his apgar score was 4 then 7. He weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and was 20in long. It took our little man several hours to stabilize but he was a fighter and did rather well. He was bruised awful on his right hip and down his leg...because the positioning of his leg (his right leg was straight up so that his foot was resting beside his left ear).

1:14am The on call OB walked in the door (lol) so that was a scary thought, if my OB had not come on in to deliver me...then Drake would had been a nurse delivery.

5:35am I finally go to hold my son...I looked into his eyes and just cried. The worry and fright was subsiding from my heart...</span>

Jessica: 18
Jordan: 11
Shaelyn: 7
Drake: 3

MeMe to Caleb: 23mos

TS to Lynsey: 9
May 7th, 2008, 11:25 AM
noworries
Wow! Drake didn't want to wait very long to enter this world, did he? Great job on your natural delivery with your little breech baby!
May 8th, 2008, 03:59 PM
proudmom3's Avatar Wait for it....
Send a message via Yahoo to proudmom3
I say he wanted to see his mommy and the docs was not going to stop him!! lol

thank you...

Jessica: 18
Jordan: 11
Shaelyn: 7
Drake: 3

MeMe to Caleb: 23mos

TS to Lynsey: 9
May 12th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Melui's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I say he wanted to see his mommy and the docs was not going to stop him!! lol

thank you...[/b]
glad all went well. My second was in such a rush I gave birth in the ward with only a midwife in attendance!
May 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Wow! What a story! I'm so glad he is here and ok! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search