Jackson Tyler

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
jacksons_mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Friday August 18th
I hate cleaning but on this day I woke up and just needed my house clean. I got the bleach out and bleached down the bathroom, kitchen and laundry room. Then I hand scrubbed the floor in the living room and dining room. That night I went to a High School game with my parents and at the game started to have contractions every 8-10 minutes but they weren't uncomfortable and I really didn't notice them until my mom and friend pointed to my belly and said "Oh my, you are having contractions!"

Saturday August 19th- Woke up and decided to got to Walmart and look around. For the last 18 weeks I hadn't been able to stand or walk more then 5-10 minutes but on this day I walked around Walmart looking at a whole lot of nothing for 3 hours. Then I went to DHs work and had him buy me a cd player for when I went into labor.

DH got home from work around 10 and I started crying about how I was done being pregnant and how the next day I was going to be 38 weeks and I just couldn't take another 24 hours of being pregnant. We sat on the couch and he rubbed my feet and every few minutes I would have a contraction but they were the same I had Friday night.

Sunday August 20th
6:55am- I woke up, I had fallen asleep on the couch, and when I stood up I leaked some but thought it was urine since I had slept all night.I got my shower and started to get ready for church leaking a little bit as I went along. I thought nothing really of it since I also knew Jackson had dropped and I thought he had to be putting a lot of pressure on my bladder. I thought about grabbing my hospital bag but didn't want to alarm my DH when I was just peeing on myself.

815am- We get to church and as I stand up to get of the car I feel a gush. I go to the bathroom and leak more. I finally start thinking that my water is breaking..

845am- After eating breakfast I decide to call the hospital and see what they say. They tell me to come on in, don't rush but don't make it an all day trip.

850am- I call my mom and ask her what she thinks. I am not having contractions and still am not sure if it is really my water

910am- I finally tell DH that I think my water broke. I tell my sister and the choir what is going on and we head to the hospital

1015am- We get to the hospital and it is confirmed that my water broke. I am having irregular contractions that aren't doing anything. I am barely 1cm and hard. The doctor tells me that I will probably have to have a c-section or he will have to start pitocin to get me going if he doesn't see a huge change in the next few hours.

So I start walking around the ward. I am having contractions but I can walk and talk through them

1:30. I can talk through the contractions but can't walk through them. I also now have a birthing ball in the room

330 I am watching a movie, talking on the phone and visiting with family all while bouncing on that ball. The nurse checks me and I am still 1 cm and hard. Doc wants to do pitocin but I ask for one more hour. I bounced like crazy on that ball for that whole hour

430- WOOHOO I am 4 cm!! Finally having contractions that I can't talk through but not really painful

515: Can't talk through the contractions and feel like I need to go to the bathroom. The nurse wants to check me first though. I am 6cm and 100%. She says she can't let me go to the bathroom just yet but I can go in 5 minutes she just needs to listen to the baby really fast

530- I am throwing up and in transition. The nurse runs out of the room to call the doctor since he is at home

545- I am 8cm

550- I need to push but there isn't a doctor yet so every is screaming don' push

600 the doctor walks in and says I am 9cm and will be right back

605 The nurses let me start pushing when I feel the urge

613 Jackson is born! The doctor made it to the room to deliver his shoulders.

He was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around him like suspenders. I remember seeing that and then my world went black. I could hear him crying and every few minutes could see him but for the most part I couldn't see anything. I had no clue what was going on but later found out I was hemorrhaging. Jackson was 30 minutes old when I finally was able to hold him but I was so weak I had to have help.

1 1/2 hours after he was born I had some energy and held him while I ate my sushi, rare hibachi steak and visited with family

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search