Anthony Jr.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Christal
I woke up around 3 am on the 16th with some crampy contractions and could not go back to sleep nothing to bad though so I just stayed in bed watching TV until around 5:30. The contractions were getting a little stronger and seemed to be timeable so I got up and ran a bath grabed my watch and sat in the tub for a while I was having them every 4 mins and they were lasting 45 secs but still not so bad that I could not just relax through them. At around 6:30 I woke DH and asked him to come sit in the bathroom with me. Well they were much worse when I got out of the tub so I ran and got back in. At around 7am I got out of the tub and my contractions were now 2 mins apart and I was having to stop and hold onto somthing or squat down to get through them so I said ok we need to go. We hurried got the kids ready and were out the door in about 20 mins. Well we had just moved here about 2 weeks ago so I went to the nearest hospital. Well they didnt deliver babys there so I asked if we could just drive over to the other hospital because it was only 15 mins away but they wouldnt let me leave they said they had to transport me by ambulance which I thought was silly. They took me right in and checked me I was only dialated 2 so they thought I had plenty of time but they were there to transfer me right away. They timed my contractions in the ambulance and they were 1min and 45 sec apart and lasting 50 sec. At this point they were bad enought that I was really having to breath through them and couldnt talk. As soon as we got to the other hospital they took me right in to my room and checked me I was dialated 6cm so withing a 10 min ambulance ride I went from a 2 to a 6 and the nurse told the driver he was lucky lol. They asked me if I wanted anything for pain but I thought since I was handling it pretty well so far and it seemed to be going pretty fast I would wait and see. Well the contractions started getting stronger and I was getting really hot so I knew I was in transition and couldnt have much longer to go so another 15 mins went by and she came to check me again and I was a 9 so she stayed there and started getting everything ready. I tried rolling on my side and it did somthing because as soon as I did that it was like boom major pressure. I said oh no I need to go back on my back this hurts to much and she checked me and said ok time to push. My back was hurting the most and she said the baby was face up thats why it hurts so bad but just keep pushing and he will turn after about 10 mins of pushing they were talking about using the vacume because he would not turn his face down and she told me contraction or not I need to push because he needs to come out so I pushed another 2 times and he was out. I guess I really was scared of them vacing him out. He was perfect and they let him lay on my chest a few mins before they took him to weight him and all that good stuff. I do have a major tear because of the way he came out so I am pretty sore but other than that I am doing good. I had the birth that I wanted even though it was in a hospital and not a birth center I still ended up doing it 100% natural and am so proud of myself. I still cant believe how fast it all went though and how well I handled the contractions. This was my first birth without pit. and I was amazed in the difference in the contractions I remember thinking I know this cant be it it was way worse with the others and the contractions were over and I had another break. It was truly amazing.
October 20th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your birth! I'm amazed at how many hospitals in Florida don't deliver babies! I've never heard of such a thing until I moved here.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 7th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
what great story!! Thanks for sharing and the pit gives me hope that it won't be as bad

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

November 13th, 2008, 09:30 PM
babyinbelly2009's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats what a great story! This gives me hope that I can go all natural.

Thanks so much tasha_mae for my siggy
December 17th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
congrats!! lovely story!
December 19th, 2008, 09:44 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
CONGRATS!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search