Dean Matthew Nevitt

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2009, 11:47 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe I'm just getting around to posting this.

My first DS was born at 34w5d and we lost our second pregnancy at 15 weeks - both due to PPROM. Because of this, I had ultrasounds every two weeks throughout my pregnancy. At my 36 week scan, Dean was starting to measure small, but I was already 3-4cm and so my doc thought I wouldn't make it through the weekend. Two weeks later, I had another scan and Dean measured even further behind, due to belly size. So, my doc decided that because of my rapidly aging placenta and Dean's measuring small, he wanted to induce me at 39w. While I wanted a completely natural childbirth, I really wanted my doc to deliver Dean because we have been through so much together. (He was crying with me when we lost our second.) I was already 100% effaced and 4 cm on Friday before the Monday he was going to induce me, so I agreed.

We got to the hopsital around 4am on Monday, Sept. 8. When I got checked at 4:30, I was 5cm dialated and 100% effaced and a 0 station.The nurse I got was FANTASTIC!!! She asked if I had a birth plan before I could even tell her. I told her my plan and said I know that will be changed somewhat due to being induced, but I would like to stick as closely as possible to it. I told her that I wanted the pit turned off as soon as it looked like my body was beginning to contract regularly on its own. She agreed. She started the pit at 4:45 and turned it off at 5:30! She said with an induction they like to see contrax every 2-3 min, but since I wanted to go naturally, she turned it off while they were 4 min apart, with the understanding that they'd turn it back on if I slowed. So I got up and walked and walked and walked. At 7:00, I saw my second favorite doc from the practice, who has also been through my entire history with us. He looked at me and told me to come back to my room. He said there was no way I was in active labor as fast as I was walking and since I was still laughing. I know he thought he was going to check me and put me back on the pit. But, when he checked me, I was 6-7cm and he thought it was time to break my water. Since I was so far dialated, I agreed - my labors are very quick once my water's broken and I'm that far dialated. He broke my water at 7:30. By 9:00, I was 8-9 cm and I was pushing by 9:45. All I remember was the second nurse saying I hadn't pushed effectively yet, and that was all I needed. The next contraction, I pushed with everything I had - to the point that my doc said - wait - stop pushing and let me get my gown on!!

Dean Matthew was born at 10:03am weighing 7 pounds and was 19.5 inches long. He's so precious. He nursed right away and hasn't wanted to stop since. Seriously - he wants to nurse every hour!

My doc did a very small episiotomy because I had started to tear where I had the episiotomy with Grant, and then Dean tore it a little more when he was born.

For me, getting through the pain of childbirth is all about motivation. I was so motivated not to have an epidural (I have a serious fear of them), I never let the pain get to me. I never once said I couldn't do it and I never once asked for pain meds.

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

February 10th, 2009, 06:56 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
amazing!!!! I am so proud of you!!
February 10th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
You did a great job!!! WTG hun!!! He's such a cutie too!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 10th, 2009, 09:27 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks. You guys are so sweet!!!

If I can do it, anyone can do it. I hate needles to the point that I wanted to drop out of HS so I wouldn't have to get a vaccine!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

February 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
aww what a nice story. i am so gald your induction went so well. He was and IS beauitful!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

September 7th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
awe, what a great story! btw, congrats on you new little bean too!!

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search