My WaterBirth Story 3/23/2009

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
BabsMitchell's Avatar Veteran
My baby boy was due March 30th but decided to join us March 23, 2009 at 9:34am. Here is the story of his arrival.

I got out of bed at 4:08am and noticed my pajama pants were wet. When I went to the bathroom more fluid ran down my leg. I figured my water had broken and examined its color. It was clear and looked good. About ten minutes later I started having contractions. The contractions started at 4 minutes apart and only grew closer. I called my midwife at 5:55am to notify her that I was in labor. I expected to labor at home on my own for 8-10 hours. The contractions were painful (I described them as menstrual cramps from hell) and the only place I found somewhat comfortable was on the toilet. I reached a point where I felt that I needed help so I had DH contact my midwife at 7:30am. He was told to meet at the birthing center in 45 minutes.

We met at the birthing center around 8:45am. I went straight to the nearest bathroom and started grunting on the toilet. I felt the strongest urge to go number 2. Finally they had me go into one of the birthing rooms. I went straight to that toilet. They measured me and said I was fully dilated and plus 2. I was ready to push. No wonder I was in so much pain at home. I went through the toughest part of labor all on my own! They filled the jacuzzi tub and I began pushing. Pushing was such a relief. It was completely painless but extremely exhausting. I never felt the crowning or 'ring of fire'. My baby was born 30 minutes after I started pushing. Total labor time was just under 5 1/2 hours! It was the most amazing experience of my life and I couldn't be happier that I was able to deliver my baby all natural and in the water. For anyone interested in doing it, go for it! It is such a rewarding experience and definitely something that you can do!

T. Ray was born at 9:34am on Monday, March 23, 2009. He weighed in at 6 lbs. 5 oz. and 19 inches long. Sadly, today we have discovered that his birthweight was incorrect. The scale was either not used properly or gave a false reading. Many people commented that he looked bigger than 6lbs5oz, but no one bothered to check his weight again. I am upset with myself for not asking that it be double-checked. Today at his 3 day checkup he weighed 7 lbs even. We all know they lose weight these first few days, so he most likely weighed 7lbs5oz - 7lbs8oz. I'm very disappointed about that, but beyond happy to know that he's healthy and doing unbelievably well.

Introducing T. Ray:

One day old with Daddy:

One day old with Momma:

Two days old:

Thank you for reading!

March 26th, 2009, 09:04 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You made it sound so easy! T. Ray is just adorable!! Congratulations!!
March 27th, 2009, 09:27 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
what a beautiful baby!

April 3rd, 2009, 06:27 PM
GoldmanBaby09's Avatar Regular
Was this your first baby? Five and a half hours is so quick! Congrats on your beautiful son. I hope my birth goes as smoothly as yours
April 3rd, 2009, 07:22 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Your the third person to say that the pushing wasn't all that bad that I have read recently! It is so interesting to read all the differences between labors. Our LOs were due the same day, born 2 days apart though. Congrats mama!

April 4th, 2009, 09:33 AM
BabsMitchell's Avatar Veteran
Thank you all!

Yes, this was my first baby. I was surprised at how quickly labor progressed. We were told that the average first time labor is about 15-17 hours long. I couldn't believe I was fully dilated in less than 5 hours!

Congrats on your little man, LJD3Tdance! And good luck to those of you expecting!

April 4th, 2009, 11:31 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations and welcome to T.Ray!
I was so excited to read about your labor and water birth, because I'm having a waterbirth this time too. I'm due in 8 days and hoping since this is my 3rd that maybe this little guy will come a few days early. We'll see! I have heard that the crowning isn't as bad in the water, seems like that was true for you. I sure hope it's as good for me!

Thanks for sharing your story with us and enjoy that beautiful baby boy!!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search