Alexa's Birth Story- A Hypnobabies Birth!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2009, 09:56 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here is the story of Alexa's birth. On Thursday March 26th in the morning at 2:15 am (I was 37 wks- 2 days) I started having contractions and they continued all night. They ranged from 6 mins to 12 mins and were non-stop. Greg woke at 4 am and saw me on my birth ball listening to my hypnobabies scripts on my ipod and asked what I was doing and i told him I think I'm having contractions and she might be coming early. I had my 37 wk appt that afternoon and was supposed to have my GB Strep test done. I called my midwife at 8 am and told her how my night went and she said to come in and get checked. I took a shower to relax- still having contractions and then had to pack some things for me and Greg and the baby. We didnt even have the car seat put in the car yet. So I did the packing, and Greg put the car seat and base in the car, ran to get gas cuz the tank was empty, and then packed the car. We both really thought I would go to 41-42 weeks before the baby would enter the world so neither of us did what we should have. So we drove to my midwifes office and i had to be wheelchaired in. I was only dialated to a 1 but i was 100% effaced and she said if I went to the birth center and labored in the tub for a bit I'd go fast. So we drove to the birth center about 30 minutes away and the contractions were then about 6 mins apart. I couldnt sit still in the car and was sitting on my knees hugging my body pillow, listening to my Easy First Stage Labor script, and moaning through every contraction. We got to the birth center at 1030 am. I labored in the shower and then birth tub then the contrax were coming very fast and hard. I had some back labor and in my thighs and butt. I was in the tub for about an hour or so and I felt urges to push. The nurses had me get out and checked me and said that it was very close. I had to breathe through the contractions and wanted to push but the nurses said not yet. During one contraction I had it was so strong and my water bag popped. It was an interesting feeling. I pushed in a few positions, squatting on the bed, side laying on the bed, and leaning back against the back rail of the bed holding and pullng against Greg and my doula. It was so intense. The crowning was amazing, not as painful as I imagined. It was awkward when I would push and her head was coming out, then it would go back in and I would have to push it out again. I couldn't get the energy to hold her head there, I was so tired after being up all night with the contractions. I pushed for a total of an hour and a half. Alexa was born at 3:03 pm and she was posterior! Her cord was wrapped around her foot and it was hard to push her out cuz her foot was being pulled in by the placenta still attached to me and the short cord. So i had alot of abdomen pain. During the final pushes the nurses and my doula Megan were putting warm towels on my abdomen which did make it feel better. My midwife Mary put hot oil on me which helped me stretch to avoid tearing. Greg was wonderful at helping me relax and massaging my back and neck. I did it all with no IV, and no drugs. And i had no tearing!! It was amazing and the most wonderful experience ever. She came out alert (for 37 wks too) and nursed right away. She weighed 6 lbs 7 oz and was 19 1/2 inches. She is sooo wonderful and Greg and I are sooo overjoyed!!! I cant believe how good it feels to be a mom!!!!
Oh and my favorite and lucky number has always been 3! I was born at 3:33 pm on the 3rd day of Sept. My baby girl Alexa Mary was born at 3:03 pm in March (3rd month- and she was due April 14th). Our room at the birth center was 330. It was pretty neat
She was born with dark hair and I think looks just like Greg. She does pout her lip like I do sometimes . She is a nursing champ, picked it up right away and still rocking at it. She is now 3 days old and starting to make cute faces alot. She is the first grandchild on both mine and Gregs side and all of our family is just estatic!!! We are so blessed!!!!

(side note- never had my GBS test done, don't know if I was a positive or negative... and didn't end up getting the antibiotics at all... my midwife said that because my water bag didn't rupture til the very end just before I started to push, that it was alright not to get.)

Here are a few pics from just after she was born and from our stay in the birth center. We didn't cut the cord immediately, and left it in tac with the placenta for about 45 minutes... my midwife said she will absorb extra nutrients that way. So you can see my placenta in the pic with my doula Megan in the first pic.

My doula Megan and I with Alexa:

Greg cutting the cord with my midwife Mary:

After nursing my sweet baby girl who latched on right away:

Here is my BFF holding Alexa and her 8 month old Alayna. They'll be BFFs someday

Alexa and Alayna- BFFs

Getting ready to go home:

My darlings tether on her foot

Thanks for reading this long story! It is the best thing in my life that I done... I'm sooo glad I was able to have a NCB. As tough as it was, and tiring ... it was soooo wonderful! I know that with Hypnobabies studying and having a wonderful support team - (my wonderful husband Greg, my midwife Mary and all the nursing staff at the birth center, and my doula Megan--- and my wonderful BFF who had a NCB with Hypnobabies in July 09 and she has helped me so much with support and guidance on having a NCB and on breastfeeding and everything else-) I wouldn't have had the guts, or energy to go for it!
March 29th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the wonderful birth and your beautiful little girl! You should be SOOO proud of yourself for having a natural, hypnobirthing birth! I'll be asking you plenty of questions when my turn comes around!!
March 29th, 2009, 10:17 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is so beautiful, and you look so amazing!!! Good for you for having the all natural birth you wanted so badly!!
March 29th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
WOW you have a flat tummy!! I'm so jealous haha She's SOO adorable and I love that last pic of you holding her, she's looking right at you!!! She's beautiful.

March 29th, 2009, 11:05 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again girl! I'm so proud of you! And DANG women your going home picture---you don't even look like you were pregnant!
March 29th, 2009, 11:38 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
What are these scripts you mention?

I thought crowning wasn't as painful as I had imagined either from listening to people, even other 2nd/3rd/4th/etc. timers. I had wondered though if the reason I thought it wasn't as painful was because this was my 3rd, so it is interesting to hear you say you thought the same thing about crowning.

You know my favorite number is 4 and I was born at 4:44, lol. Intersting facts. And I totally admire you for making it through the hour and a half of pushing with no drugs and everything. It seems most of the time I read birth stories and they are like "I pushed for 5 minutes" and I'm like "How is that even possible on your first kid?" My first kid was also a sunny side up kiddo so I had quite a bit of pushing too!

That's interesting about the placenta, never heard that before, never wanted to see mine, so you are braver than me, lol. (I had to see it with Rock cuz of the way the doc took it out, but I didn't see either of the other two.)

Congrats again Anna, she's beautiful...I'd better get off of here, my little man wants to eat!

March 30th, 2009, 12:34 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
wow Anna! I'm so happy you got the birth you wanted. Alexa is gorgeous. You did a great job!

March 30th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Anna I'm so happy for you!!! She is such a cutie baby! And you look like you were never pregnant!

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

March 30th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well done Anna, she is beautiful and I love the photo of you feeding her, you both look so content. I am also doing the delayed cord cutting. She is so adorable.

March 30th, 2009, 02:27 AM
ANGWife
What a wonderful story Makes me feel very hopeful for my birth. So proud of you Anna!
March 30th, 2009, 04:05 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
So exciting! Congrats. What a beautiful birth story and an even more beautiful little girl

Ok, I really gotta start my Hypnobabies soon!!!!!!! You are so inspiring.

March 30th, 2009, 04:47 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna,
I am so excited for you! Alexa is beautiful and your story is amazing and inspirational! You look great!! Can't tell you just had a baby for sure. I'm so happy for you to have entered motherhood in such a wonderful way. You did a GREAT job and I'm so happy for you that your birthing experience went just te way you wanted it to!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

March 30th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! No tearing?! That's so fabulous! Enjoy your little girl!
March 30th, 2009, 05:33 AM
MySweetBabyRay11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MySweetBabyRay11
That is such a wonderful story I am so happy for you Anna !!! Your daughter is beautiful and you look sooo good !!!!

Thanks Bonnie for my wonderful siggy

March 30th, 2009, 06:42 AM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Anna! She is just beautiful and you look so great I am glad that you had the experience you wanted to have.

March 30th, 2009, 07:34 AM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
What a great birth story....congrats on going natural and she is just gorgeous!!!

March 30th, 2009, 08:04 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
I knew you were going to do awesome Anna! It's so great to read your wonderful birth story. Your daughter is gorgeous, enjoy this time!

Come visit my blog!
March 30th, 2009, 08:47 AM
.adi.
Ugh! You don't even look like you had a baby int he "getting ready to go home" pic. My belly stayed huge for MONTHS after I had Marcus! That makes me jealous! She's gorgeous! Congrats on a beautiful baby girl!
March 30th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
congrats on such a wonderful birth! Sounds perfect!!! She is gorgeous

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

March 30th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You did so amazing! It looks like you got your figure back already! All the pictures are beautiful and you look so happy. Congrats. She is just perfect.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search