Jacob Ryan 5-23-09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
I had my appointment with my midwife Friday morning. I had been having some contractions for a couple of days and was hoping I had made some progress. When she checked me I was 3 cm and 50 % effaced. I also had bloody show that morning and on and off the rest of the day. I also was having some pain in my back but I didn't think anything of it. When I woke up saturday morning I had more bloody show but was feeling fine and just having my usual BH contrax. I decided that I was going to make the famous eggplant parm and see if it worked. I spent about 3 hours in the kitchen making that and meatballs, sauce, and baked ziti. I was having serious shooting pains in my lady parts that made me stop and whimper lol. DH told me to go lay down that I was doing too much. So after I cleaned up the kitchen I went to lay down in my bed. This is when I realized that I was having contractions, and was having back labor. I started timing my contractions at 3:30 PM and they were 6-8 minutes apart! I didn't want to say anything to DH because I was kind of in denial and figured it was another case of false labor. Then as I was moving around the house DH realized I was stopping every 5 minutes and closing my eyes. He made me call my doula after an hour. I was still in denial I figured once she got here they would have stopped and I didn't want her to have to drive the hour ride for nothing but I called her anyway. I then called my midwife who said to call her back when I couldn't talk through them anymore. At this point they were painful but bearable. I took a shower and DH started to clean out the car. My kids definitely knew something was going on because they became little devils and DS wouldn't let me put him down. Contracting every 5 minutes and holding a 30 lb kid is not so easy! My doula got there at 6 and we called my SIL to come entertain the kids. I walked around the block 3 times with my doula and at this point they were coming every 3-5 minutes and lasting a minute. My midwife called me back at 7:30 to see how I was doing and we decided to meet at the hospital between 8:30 and 9 PM. Shortly after getting off the phone with her the contractions started coming closer together and a little stronger. I was trying to tell SIL what to do with the kids but it became impossible lol. So we left to go to the hospital. In the car the contractions slowed down to 5 minutes and they were still bearable. I was very calm. We got to the hospital at about 8:20 and they made us wait. They were pretty busy. My midwife said she figured I was only 4 maybe 5 cm because I was so calm. I wasn't talking through the contractions but I was fine in between them. They were 3-5 mins apart. She told me she was probably going to send me walking for a couple of hours. She checked me at almost 9 PM and I was 7 cm! I couldn't believe it, I was so happy. I was totally managing the pain at this point. They made me lay in the bed for 20 minutes and then I was allowed to get up. I stood next to the bed and leaned over onto it and rocked for almost the whole time. Finally the contractions started to get VERY intense and I had to moan (and kind of yell lol) through them so I asked about the birth ball. I heard it helped with back labor and I was desperate. My doula did squeeze my hips during contractions which was amazing but I was still in agony. I sat on the ball and felt relief in between the contractions but it made the contractions much more intense! I was sitting on it for maybe 10 minutes and I felt the baby drop which was weird. A few contractions later I felt burning and the need to push which freaked me out because I kind of felt like it came out of nowhere. So they moved me into the bed and at this point the contractions were one on top of the other and I was panicking. My midwife opened my legs to see what was going on and my water broke and the baby's head was right there. My water broke at 10:46 PM. I started pushing right away. Pushing was intense because she kept telling me to push a little and stop and then push a little then stop. After 5 minutes of pushing Jacob Ryan was born at 10:51 PM! I couldn't believe he was a boy I really though it was a girl lol! I didn't tear at all thanks to my midwife! He weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches long. He is BFing like a champ! I can't believe I did it! I feel amazing, no pain at all! Oh and I never got to eat the eggplant parm that night lol. Sorry this was so long!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

May 29th, 2009, 08:19 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Birth stories are supposed to be long.

Sounds like you had the perfect natural birth! Congratulations! Jacob shares my birthday. Good job, Mama!

July 27th, 2009, 09:44 AM
No pain...that's what I like to hear!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search