My water and homebirth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK I am not good at writing so I will try to be short and to the point

On July 14th I decided to go to a home outfitter store to buy new shower curtains, because I wanted to get my bathroom ready for my labour LOL. So I took all 4 kids and we went, I had to walk so darn slow because I had sooo many BH contractions. We bought beautiful brown shower curtains (that would match my new brown turquoise towels LOL), while I was paying I thought I might be in early labour, that was around 2PM I think.
We went home and got bathroom pretty, I love my bathroom. And after that we just stayed home and played, watched movies, did nothing. DH came home around 5PM and took DS to his swimming lesson, I think at that time I was already timing my contractions on computer. When they came back, kids had dinner and I asked for lap top (I almost never use it, I just dont like it), and took it to bedroom where I continued timing contractions (it is actually really neat thing to do when you are in labour LOL). I updated my facebook, and contractions became more painful, but only place I felt pain was in the front very low and that was it.
Kept updating my facebook for a long time, went to bed around 2AM (phoned midwife around 11PM and told her what was going on), around 4AM contractions woke me up, they were stronger, and around 5AM I ran my bath. I think I phoned midwife around 5:30AM (hoping it was actually later than that LOL) and stayed in the bath tub till midwife came, then we filled up the pool (kids were setting up the pool around midnight night before!!!!!!) and I moved to our playroom where the pool was set up. and then we were waiting. Contractions were around 5minutes apart but fairly strong but very managable in the water.
There were few contractions that were stronger and closer together but only few. Then midwife checked me and I was 8-9 cm, but I knew I really didnt want to do any more of labouring LOL. She encouraged me to get out and have few contractions out of the pool, I did, maybe 3 contractions out of the pool and I said I had to go back to the pool, it was time to push, and I didnt like pushing out of water. I think I pushed like2 times in the water and the head came out, then we waited for another contraction and I pushed the body out, they delivered baby on my chest, and we didnt know if it was boy or girl. As soon as baby came out I got extremely dizzy and everything started spinning, they gave me some oxygen to breathe and I got better (never had this before it was very weird, kinda cool hahaha, but wouldnt want it again). then we looked, and found out it was a girl. She was born at 10:27AM on july 15th weighed 9lb 4oz (my second smallest baby, awesome!!!!)

July 18th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
aww congrats Martina!!!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
GREAT story! I love it! congratulations, Martina!!

July 18th, 2009, 09:46 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

July 20th, 2009, 09:56 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!!!
July 20th, 2009, 10:57 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats!! What an awesome birth story!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 20th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
What a wonderful birthing story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Congratulations on your little girl!
July 21st, 2009, 07:19 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!! What a great birth story!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

July 22nd, 2009, 04:59 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love this story!! Congratulations!!!
July 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
That is such an awesome story! Congrats!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

July 27th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Martina, you are great! Congratulations!!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

July 31st, 2009, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
Congratulations. Wonderful birth story. You did pretty good for saying you're not good at writing.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search