Tesla Ruth: Home waterbirth with transfer of baby

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 07:42 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
On Thursday December 10th I got up about 2:00 am to go to the bathroom and was feeling a little crampy, but nothing that made me think that today was The Day. At 2:30 I got up to do our rural paper route, which takes about 2 1/2 hrs. While doing that I realized the "cramps" were regular, so I kept an eye on clock. They were coming about every 5 min. I got home a little after 5, and decided to try and get some sleep. I never could, and finally about 7:45 a.m. called my midwife. She arrived about an hour later (I told her not to hurry. ) She checked me and I was at a 5. DH was filling up the tub. I was walking and sitting on my exercise ball. A little bit later my friend arrived, who is a massage therapist, and I was able to get into the tub. Contractions were getting pretty intense by now, so I was breathing through them. Tanith (my 2 yo) got in the tub with me for a little while, but got out when she couldn't bring her bath toys in with us. My mom arrived shortly after and took Tanith for a drive while we were waiting. I'm not sure how much longer I labored and chatted, but hte contractions started getting pretty close and intense. My midwife wanted me to try and go pee one more time, and while I was out of the tub a couple of HUGE contractions hit, so that I was shaky. Right after that I got back in the tub and started to feel like pushing. I did a couple of small pushes, then started pushing like I meant it! My water finally broke then, and we discovered that Tesla was frank breech. Whoops. But the urge to push was coming hard and fast then and in about 2 min she was out. Unfortunately her cord broke during pushing and she lost blood. She was very pale, and wasn't really crying. They also lost her heartbeat for a few seconds. The midwives were doing oxygen getting her warmed up. DH called 911 and the paramedics were there in about 5 min. They took her and DH to the hospital while I got cleaned up and delivered the placenta. Before I got to the hospital they gave her a blood transfusion, and she pinked right up and was doing much better, but they ended keeping her for 4 days.

December 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow. Thank you for sharing I'm glad she got to come home and you are both doing well! I am seriously considering a home birth - these stories are so so good to read) Especially - there was a problem - so we fixed it and everyone is ok! Thank you!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
December 17th, 2009, 02:31 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
welcome to the world Tesla! That picture with Tanith is so sweet!
December 17th, 2009, 03:11 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Glad everyone is home and doing well!!

December 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you, and happy that you had a great birth, aside from the transfer. She is adorable and I'm so glad everyone is home and happy!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search