Liam Killian :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2010, 06:45 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I'm typing this on my phone, so sorry if it is choppy and hard to read. I wanted to let everyone know how things happened this week.

My last appt was on the 7th. My midwife ended it by saying, "see you at your next appt!" I was expecting to stay pregnant for probably another week and a half. I had a cold and started trying to kick it's butt with lots of vitamins. Sunday, I started having bad diarrhea. I blamed it on being sick a lot lately and eating food that I'm allergic to. It kept up over the next two days.

Sunday, we took the kids to my dads house so that I could have a break for a couple of days.

Monday was my due date. I piddled around that morning, then decided to go visit a friend at work. She's a bartender at a Thai restaurant, so I sat at the bar and had lunch and crocheted. My appetite was insane! I ate three cheese rolls and a whole plate of massiman curry. My friend had a 2 hour break before her next shift, so she went with me to try and sell some stuff at a consignment store and we also stopped by an icecream shop and my first grocery store stop. I was feeling pretty crampy at this point- but I was knd of distracted so it's hard to say if a whole lot was going on.

I dropped her back off at work, then went thrifting. While I was at the store, I started feeling cramp again and felt like I still had an upset tummy and needed to poop. So I left that store and went to walmart. I needed to get my wic coupon items and I still hadn't bought any sposies yet, plus we needed more groceries. I went to the bathroom (it was about 5-6 o'clock at this point). In the bathroom, I started to wonder if I might be in early labor, still thinking it could be a couple of days of this, I shopped on. I ended up buying mostly cleaning supplies, lol. I had to stop a few times to relax during my cramps. But nothing major.

I needed to get some of my wheat free stuff, so I went to publix next to get the things that walmart doesn't carry. I had to go to the bathroom again when I got there. My body was seriously cleaning out! I knew it was at least early labor at this point, which kind of cracked me up to be around all of those people and they had no clue. All was well until my bag boy decided to book it to my car during a doozie contraction. I tried to get him to slow down, but he had another agenda. Lol.

I made it home at about 8pm. My husband was at a meeting, and he usually gets home on Mondays around 11. So I decided to do some cleaning. Finish folding laundry. Then I took a shower, and tried to lay down. I knew I was in labor when I laid down. After just a few minutes, my contractons let themselves really be known. But they were still nothing like the contractions from my last labor, so I decided to time them and then give hubby a call. They were 4-5 mins apart, so I texted him to let him know that I wad in early labor and asked him to pray for me with the pastors at his meeting.

He came home about 10:30 and tried to assess the situation. He couldn't tell by watching me that I was in labor so he just said, "you tell me what to do and I'll do it." I said let's chill out and watch a movie. I got a pillow, and started out sitting on the edge of the couch. During the movie, once I realized I had moved to my knees leaning over the automan on the floor, I decided to call the midwife. I felt so dumb, calling on my due date probably in false labor. My midwife just asked me what I wanted to do and I said I wanted to take a bath and leisurely head over to the hospital. So she said she'd call and let them know that I was coming. Then I called my doula to tell her the game plan.

I took a bath and the ctx slowed. It would have been so nice if I had a comfy bath. But I started getting hot so I got out and told hubby let's get ready to go. So he loaded up the car and put a towel on the seat. I made him take the long way to the hospital, bc I was scared of having a ctx on the bumpy downtown Atlanta roads. It still only took us about 10 mins to get there. I texted my doula to let her know I was there. We parked and walked together, and I made hubby take the stares, lol. Walking in the hospital, they tried to give me a wheel chair, saying it was a long walk. But I felt fine, and wanted to help labor along, so I refused. I had to stop at every bathroom along the way, but was happiest standing through my ctx. It hurt so bad to sit or lay down through them.

We checked into triage (about 2:30) they did an exam and I was at 6-7 cm. They started running their strip and my first bp was elivated (the only ONE elivated reading) so they made me lay in bed. Once my midwife arrived, she was very upset that they kept me in a triage room and didn't set up a pool over my ONE elivated bpreading after being on my feet all day. I have never seen her so mad. I told her I was fine, that I just needed to be able to labor on the toilet and be able to stand during ctx. My doula showed up at about 2:45-3. And she shadowed me on my trips to the toilet and would apply pressure to my hips when needed.

My midwife checked me after I told her the ctx's were making my brain swirly, lol. Everyone laughed bc my midwife said I must be in transition, and no one could believe I was in labor. When she checked, I was 7-8 cm and "paper thin." she said "your waters are bulging and when it breaks, that baby will be here in the next few ctx's." after two ctx, my water broke, and I said "my waters just brOOOOOOKE!!!!! Ohhhhhhh!" then my body started pushing the baby out. I told my husband it was like everything in my body was pushing. I couldn't help it but my voice was pushing with the rest of my body, like a primal yell from the pits of my soul. I kind of fought it during the first ctx and learned to surrender and curl around and work with my body and he was out 3 ctx's after my water broke. He was born at 4:02 am. 7 lbs 3 oz 21 in.
I really can't believe how amazing it was. Not one drug. Bp was fine. I felt great, it was beautiful and perfect. I am still amazed.

July 16th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Super Mommy
you did a great job!!! congrats!

July 20th, 2010, 12:30 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
wow, that gave me chills sounds like a wonderful experience!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

July 20th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
Amazing birth story! Congrats!!!

July 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an awesome story!!! Love it! Congratulations!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

July 20th, 2010, 05:23 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great birth story! Congratulations!

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
July 26th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Que, what a beautiful story!!!

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
August 1st, 2010, 01:42 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome birth story!

My second son's middle name is Killian too

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 10th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a beautiful birth story! Congratulations!

and introducing Julia Pearl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search