I was my sister's bridesmaid whilst in labour!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM
lovebeingmummy's Avatar Member
My labour story!

I had a good pregnancy and went into labour 4 days earlier..... on my sister's wedding day! I was her chief bridesmaid and i still managed to do that despite being in labour all day. My waters broke at 4am that morning and back pains started 30 minutes later. I went to the hospital and was kept in for monitoring for 2 hours that morning. After that i had to get my hair put up and my makeup applied. I didn't have any stomach pains just intermittent back pains all day. During the speechs my waters were leaking alot but i tried not to stand too much. I didn't tell my sister until 9pm as i didn't want to detract anything from her big day. I even managed a couple of dances before i left to go back to the hospital at 9.30pm. The midwife kept me in for a couple of hours and then sent me home as i was doing fine......until i got home that is! As soon as i lay down on the settee the contractions were coming almost continuously, the only relief i got was to hold on to the bath! I had hired a TENS machine but that was a huge waste of money as i didn't even want to take it out of the box! We then went back to the hospital and the midwife was shocked when she examined me....I WAS 8CM DILATED, WITH NO PAIN RELIEF UP UNTIL THEN!! I was rushed to the delivery suite and took gas and air which was brilliant, the pains went and you felt like you'd had a bit to drink!! I didn't need any other pain relief and our darling son Ross was delivered 3 1/2 hours later at 5.41am.

Owen's Birth Story

I had my darling baby boy, Owen Robert on Tuesday 6th May at 10.46am weighing 8lb 3oz. Here is my birthstory I went into labour at 9.15pm on Monday 5th May (my due date!). It started with period type pains for about 30mins then at 9.45 i started to have back ache every 4-5mins. I had a bath at 11pm and had a few back twinges during the next 30 mins. I phoned the maternity ward and explained that this was my second baby but as i have group b strep, i was concerned when to go to the ward. I also have an 18 month old son and my mum and dad were to look after him during my labour. They advised me to go to bed and relax but i couldn`t sleep as the pains in my back and now stomach were coming every 3 mins! At 2am my mum and dad arrived to look after Ross and we went to the hospital. Once there my contractions were monitored for 1 1/2 hours but i was only 2-3 cm dilated so i wanted to go home. I went back to bed at 4.30 but couldn`t sleep as the pains got much worse very quickly. They were much more intense than in my first labour. At 7am i got up and went to the toilet where a large mucus plug came out! My hind waters had gone also. I went to the hospital with my husband, John and was in agony in the car! Once there i was given IV Clindomycin and admitted. I was found to be 8cm dilated and rushed to the delivery suite! Like my first birth i had gas and air which really helped. The contractions were much more painful with this birth but the labour was much quicker. I had made up some `labour` CDs of my favourite music which helped me relax also. I was soon 10cm dilated but my front waters were still intact. The midwife who was called Linda broke my waters and my darling baby boy Owen Robert was born after just 2 pushes at 10.46 am! The pushing was painful but better than with my first birth and much quicker. Owen had some oxygen and suction but was soon nice and pink and crying loudly! He's a beautiful baby and we're so proud of him!

Last edited by lovebeingmummy; September 8th, 2010 at 04:23 PM.
November 21st, 2010, 10:58 PM
Regular
holy cow, way to tough it out!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search