Our amazing water birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
I'm so happy to share such an amazing experiance.

At 11 days overdue I had a few really mild waves before lunch and then things started to heat up (and speed up) just after 12pm where the waves felt like mild to strong period pains. By 1pm I was then convinced that "this must be it" and by 1:30pm the contractions were 5 minutes apart and we got ready to leave for the the hospital.... Believe it or not I still wasn't 'sure' because it was happening so fast! LOL We arrived at the hospital at 2pm and by that stage the contractions were 2-3 mins apart. From there I went into the birth suit and had our baby boy 2 hours later in the water. Just amazing! The midwife tells me the 2nd stage was only 45 minutes and I had a natural 3rd stage where it took around 20 minutes to birth the placenta. My beautiful husband recieved bub which is so special as he was the 1st person to touch our baby, from there he lifted bub onto my chest and I can't explain how much love I felt for both of them at that moment. Bub was really alert and looking into our eyes, so very, very special. The labour was an experience I will never forget, it all happened so quickly I didn't really have time to think of anything much.... When I got to the hospital I was in shock, pale in the face and scared not knowing what to expect. I remember the waves before the 2nd stage being uncomfortable but bearable and then I was really surprised when I felt the urge to start pushing. I remember right near the end in the break between bubs head having been born and the next wave when his shoulders came out, I was lying in the water totally relaxed for what felt like hours and dh whispered to me "is this music alright" and the words I heard right then on the track that was playing was "My Devine Mother Earth" I will never forget the power of those words right at that moment and seconds later I felt the wave coming on and my baby was born. DH was the most fantastic support through the whole pregnancy and the birth, reminding me to breath and supporting me through each wave, I honestly don't know if I could have done it without him. After bubs was born we stayed in birth suit for another hour and half or so while bubs was on the boob and we had something to eat, then I had a shower and dh had a snuggle then we went back to our room. (Here is a link to the song YouTube - Sacred earth - Divine Mother )

Our stay at the hospital was also good, we had a huge family room where dh and I had a king bed to sleep in and they even allow co-sleeping so bub was rarely out of our arms for the first 4 days. Bubs 1st bath was probably the highlight after the birth for us, one of the midwives organised for us to go back to the birth suit for a 'family bath' Omgoodnes it was wonderful! We walked in and they had the towels warming up for us, oil burner on, lights dimmed and music playing, we both started crying as all the emotions of the birth came back. We then took our time and enjoyed not only bubs 1st bath but our 1st family bath

This wonderful birth experiance hasn't been without challenges as we entred the world of parenthood... Breastfeeding OMG! I would honestly rather give birth again than endure the pain of my nipples the 1st week the sensitivity was unbelievable!!! Like torture my hands and feet were breaking out into sweat with each attachment. THANK GOD they are much better now and our little one is feeding like a champion and mum is now relaxed and enjoying looking into bubs eyes when he's having a good feed. It was a God sent having midwives on hand for the 1st 4 days, due to the sensitivity of my nipples we buzzed the midwives for each feed so that they could make sure he was attached properly so we managed to avoid any more damage to the nipple then necessary. Again dh has been an amazing support as he learnt what the correct attachemnt looked like and helped me put bubs on the boob properly for the 1st week, he also made sure I was proped up with pillows and as relaxed as possible. The tension of breastfeeding left my body really sore and today we had someone come around and give us both a massage which was really nice.

I also had a bit of a melt down when we got home as reality sunk in that this beautiful little soul is now relying on us for everything. There has been heaps of tears from me and for some reason as the night settles in I have been getting really emotional. I went through a whole range of emotions including thinking I didn't know how to look after him and being so deeply thankful that I have the most amazing husband in the world who I couldn't not do this without. I'm slowly getting better with the tears (none today so far) as we get to know our little one and what he likes etc.

All in all the experiance has been overwhealmingly special

Our Amazing Water Birth Story

Last edited by Cherished1; November 7th, 2010 at 01:36 PM.
September 28th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Totally want your birth story for my own

Congratz again I'm SO happy for you, it sounds so amazing! Glad to hear breastfeeding has gotten better for you, I had such a hard time with Kailey but Nola was very easy to latch.

The emotions you're talking about is completely normal. I mean, just think about what you did, you just gave birth and are now a MOM - that's a HUGE transition!! So long as the emotions don't wreak havoc on your life and become debilitating you're A-OK

Rest up!! Can't wait to see you back on the Pagan Parenting board

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Team Green Predicted A Boy

September 28th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
That's such an awesome story! I'm so glad things went perfect and you're all healthy and happy. You're going to make a great mom. Just let those emotions come and go. They're normal and just lets you know that you're right where you're supposed to be.

October 4th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful story! Congrats!

October 6th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful story! Congratulations!

and introducing Julia Pearl
October 28th, 2010, 03:56 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful birth story! It sounds like you had a truly great experience. Congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search