Callum's pain med free arrival..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2011, 07:58 PM
ToriLeigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hadn't posted this here yet because it wasn't technically natural, I was induced, but I did go without pain meds, which was my real goal, so here goes...

I was induced because my blood pressure was headed up, didn't want to end up with the thousands of interventions I had with my son, so I went in at 6:30 in the morning on 1/6. Got all hooked up to monitors and did the history with the nurse, anesthesiology and the resident. Then sat for awhile, apparently it was a busy morning. They finally got pitocin started around 8:30 and I got up and was walking around. Contractions were happening, but not bad, which shocked me after my last experience with pitocin. At 9:40, the resident came to break my water, and never again. I'm pretty sure she scratched the heck out of my cervix with that stupid amniohook. Anyway, decided to hang out on the bed and watch Buffy (yes, I'm a big dork) and get a little rest. Contractions started really happening and I was having to breath through them. They came and checked me again at 11:30 and I was a 6, so not happy about that, as I started at almost 5. But sure enough, about 35 minutes later, I was starting to feel pressure so I told dh to call the nurse. Checked at 7-8, then the resident checked me 10 minutes later because I was puking and shaking (nice, huh?) and sure enough, and another few minutes, I was feeling like pushing and only had an anterior lip. I looked at the nurse and told her when I told her my body was starting to push, baby was here. Of course, the resident walked out about that time. Luckily the nurse believed me, because when I told her he was coming, she grabbed gloves and called my doctor, who thankfully was in the next room with a woman who was having to do some real pushing. She came in and told me I could start pushing. Yeah, her gown didn't get tied, and they only had one stirrup (yes, I'm a weird one who likes them) up when little man came flying out. One push and my little man arrived at 12:33 pm. He was 8 lbs 4 oz, almost a pound bigger than my last baby. And I could tell, I've never really felt the shoulders and chest during delivery and I could on this little man. Thankfully, they put him right on my chest (I didn't get that with my last, he was having breathing issues from the medicine they had me on). He was a blue baby, I think it took him a minute to adjust to how fast he made his appearance, but once he got a little rub down he started screaming his head off. We cuddled and nursed for about an hour before I got up to get cleaned up. And, oh my gosh, I felt so much better. It is amazing how different recovery is when you are "allowed" out of bed. We were at the hospital about 24 hours after he was born, thankfully his ped let us go even though his bilirubin was a little high. It was wonderful to get back home and get settled into our routine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search