The Birth of Isabelle

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Six in the City
I didn't get a chance to update on my birth story. So here it is! I had a really crappy pregnancy at the end, lots of complications and the one thing I had wanted since I found out I was pregnant was to have a natural birth. And I did it! My nurse said that I was the only patient she's ever had that has done it natural that was still smiling in between contractions and nice throughout the whole entire labor and delivery. Not going to lie there was about 10 minutes where I wanted an epidural because I got discouraged, I had progressed in a few hours and just saw myself stalling out and being in labor for hours and hours longer. My daughter before Isabelle was posterior and I labored for over 20 hours with her. Anyway, here is the birth story!

Isabelleís Birth-

I went into see Dr. B (Maternal Fetal Health) and after sitting on the NST for just about 10 minutes the nurse came in and said she wasnít going to waste anymore time having me sit on the monitor since she wasnít passing the NST. Her heart rate was non-reactive which happens every time we are hooked up to the monitor. I go and start the BPP (Bio-physical Profile), after 15 minutes pass I start to get sort of stressed out because she still hasnít done everything needed in order to pass and she already had a few points against her for not passing the NST. Another 15 minutes passes and she fails the BPP. In order to pass it you have to have 3 strong movements and 30 seconds of breathing. We didnít get the breathing. Dr. B comes in right around 9:00 and says that he is done waiting and that itís just time to have a baby today. I call Nic and my mom to tell them we are having a baby that day and of course I am hysterical, Iím alone, worried because the dr tells me that NICU will have to be there due to the issues, weíd just had the amnio last week and I was worried about lung development, the list goes on. I get calmed down, Nic gets headed our way and I head up to labor and delivery. At 10:30 AM they start the pitocin- I was 3 cms and about 40% effaced at that time. At 2:00 I am still 3 cms but about 60-70% effaced so they broke my water. I had been determined to go without an epidural ever since we found out we were expecting so I kept breathing through the contractions. I had to remain on the monitors the entire time and confined to the bed due to the heartrate not being reactive, which was hard at times. At 2:30 when Christina my nurse came into up my pitocin she checks me and Iím 6 cms. At 3:00 she checks me again and I am still 6 cms. I turn to my right side, I go on all 4ís, I started to get discouraged because itís becoming clear that she is posterior. I found myself getting upset and wanting the epidural because I could see how this was going, I was terrified Iíd end up with a 20 hour labor again just like Sophiaís but Nic and Christina (nurse) stall with the epidural since they both knew I didnít want it. They start giving me more fluids and told me the doctor was waiting to do the epidural but I needed more fluid. So around 4:15 she tells me to turn to my left and that is hoping that the baby will turn. At 4:30 I said I had to push and was begging them to let me push. The nurse checked and I was complete and Isabelle was crowning. My doctor was not there yet, she was still on her way there. I told the nurse she was going to have to deliver the baby because I was tired of waiting. Nic and her just kept telling me not to push and to breathe through my contractions. I some how managed to breathe through until 4:45ish and my doctor comes running in and throwing on the gloves. 2 pushes later Isabelle was delivered at 4:54 PM. She came out crying a very quiet cry and grunting so she was suctioned out twice but ended up doing good despite all of the issues we had during the pregnancy and had anticipated. They did find a large clot on/in my placenta and the OB made a comment about how lucky it was that I delivered that day because I was scheduled to be induced 7 days later and she didnít think Isabelle would have survived that long with the size of the clot and the fact it indicated I was bleeding or something was wrong. All in all the labor was easy and just what I wanted and Iím so glad that they held off on getting me the epidural so I was able to have the birth I wanted even though I had a rough pregnancy.

Her stats: 6 lbs 15 ounces, 19 1/2 inches long, head 13 1/2 inches long.

Here is Isabelle Maxine

One of the hospital pictures.

2 weeks old

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.

Last edited by arngwifey; December 12th, 2011 at 08:25 AM.
December 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Adorable! I'm glad you got the natural birth you wanted!

Expecting baby #4!

January 5th, 2012, 11:32 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, what a story! Congratulations on your birth and your gorgeous daughter!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 5th, 2012, 10:53 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
She's beautiful! Congratulations!

January 7th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Six in the City
Thanks ladies! Even though the end of the pregnancy didn't go how I wanted and I didn't get my natural labor I got my delivery.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.
January 8th, 2012, 04:44 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! great job. isabelle is so precious!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search