Liam's Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2006, 06:27 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to say that giving birth was just the best experience of my life. Friday, Dec. 30th at 3 am I woke up to a trickle down my leg. As soon as I stood up out of bed there was a big gush of fluid that completely soaked everything. I managed to grab a towel and waddle halfway down the stairs to tell my fiance who hadn't come to bed yet that my water broke. He was so excited he didn't know what to do first. I called my Dr. office and they told me to head on over to the hospital. On the way there the contractions started and were immediately 4 minutes apart. We got to labor and delivery around 4:30am and they hooked me up to monitors and asked a bunch of questions. I got checked at 5am and was 3 cm and 80% effaced. Apparently the results as to whether my water broke were inconclusive so they had my walk around to see if I would progress any. I walked around til about 6:15am and came back to lay down. My contractions were now about 2 minutes apart but still very manageable. I was rechecked at 7am and was 6cm and 100% effaced so they admitted me and I walked over to my birthing room. My contractions stayed at about 2 minutes apart and lasted 60-70 seconds each. Thank God for my hypnobirthing classes because I was able to relax and use the visualization techniques and the whole experience was very positive. I was uncomfortable but not in pain. At 9am they checked me again and I was at 8cm. About 15 minutes later I was feeling a lot of pressure so they checked me and I had only a little bit of cerivix left on the right side so they had me lay on my right side and even though I needed to push so bad I had to breathe through the next 4 or 5 contractions til the rest of my cervix was gone. Finally I was allowed to push and after 14 minutes of pushing the love of our lives arrived at 9:49am. Liam Edward Wolf weighed in at 7lbs 5 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. My fiance was the best coach and we just couldn't be happier. I couldn't have asked for a better delivery.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 14th, 2006, 06:56 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
wow a hypnobaby!!!!! Id love to hear in more detail about what relaxation you used eg which type of breathing and when you started etc if you have time!

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

July 16th, 2006, 11:20 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
wow a hypnobaby!!!!! Id love to hear in more detail about what relaxation you used eg which type of breathing and when you started etc if you have time![/b]
Sure!

I think I started the classes mid October and they lasted 5 weeks and I had him the end of December. I used a lot of visualization to relax myself. With each contraction (or surge as they like to call them) I visualized the baby coming down and into position and my cervix opening up wide. I also visualized my uterus as lots of blue ribbons blowing in the wind--it kept my mind thinking loose and airy thoughts instead of tensing up. The breathing I used was basically just long deep breaths during surges--breathe in for a count of 20 (or as close to 20 as I could get) and out for a count of 20. I was so focused on counting half the time that's all I could think about. Basically if you think relaxing, opening, loose thoughts the rest will take care of itself.

I had a book that had other relaxation and visualization techniques in them but I didn't really need to use them. I also got a cd, called rainbow relaxation. I listened to it every night before I went to bed during the end of my pregnancy and I never once made it through because it would relax me so much I would be out in no time. I didn't need to use the cd either, I pretty much took what I needed from the classes and did what worked for me.

I also had to find positions that were comfortable for me during labor. Like, I didn't like laying down at all. I don't know if it was harder for me to focus or the position was just uncomfortable and not condusive to him moving down the way he should be so I labored either walking around the hallway or sitting up in bed. Let gravity do the work so you don't have to--it only took me a few pushes to get him out. Good luck!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 17th, 2006, 03:31 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
Thanks for sharing with me!!!!!!!!!! These stories are really helping me work towards my unmedicated birth

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search