Dylan's Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2006, 10:23 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar Plus 1 :)
I was due with my 3rd baby on Sept. 17th 2001 and had an OB appt. at 11 a.m. that day. Went to the appt., nothing exciting........I was dilated almost 2 (as I had been for several weeks already)............and the Dr. told me he would see me back in 1 week. So I went home all ticked off because no woman wants to hear "see you next week" when TODAY was your due date. So I went home, and sat on my bed watching t.v. and pouting over what the doc had said. At around 2 p.m. I reached over to grab a drink, and noticed my panties got wet. So I thought oh great I pee'd myself. Went to the bathroom, and couldn't pee. hmmmmm, i did this for 2 hours straight before finally thinking just maybe it could be my water leaking? (my water never broke on its own before then). So at 4pm i called the hospital and they said it could be my water, asked if i was having contrax and i said no, and she said i could come in and they'd check to see if it was my water. So i went ahead and started getting my 2 kids ready to take to my grandma's, took them over there and sat to visit for awhile, then got to the hospital at 6 p.m. Didn't even bring a bag with me cuz i just knew i was staying. Well they checked me for a water leak and said yep, it's your water. So then they checked the dilation and when they did, my water completely broke. Well me being me still wasn't convinced I was staying so I told them i was gonna go back home..........they said no way lol. Apparantly I was contracting 1 minute apart. Well i sure didn't feel them! I didn't actually feel the first contraction until around 10 p.m. that night. At which time i was stuck at 7 cm's and baby was posterior. So after rocking on my hands and knee's for about 45 minutes I told them I thought I had to push. The nurse didn't seem to think so and told me it would still be awhile. Well at 10:45 I told hubby to go get the doctor QUICK that the baby was coming out. So the doc casually walks in to see a head already delivered and he yelled at me to quit pushing. Well.........i WASN'T pushing, he was just coming!! So anyway, at 10:47 p.m. on Sept 17th 2001 Dylan Ross was born weighing 8 lbs 0 oz, 20 inches long. I had a very small tear that required 2 stitches, and was feeling great shortly after delivery and up walking around. The OB i had at that time seemed to be very against NCB and kept offering me pain meds because I was crying through contrax and that apparantly bothered him. He told me I was going to bother other patients and scare them. Well Hello Mr. Man..........childbirth aint easy ya know! ya it hurts and ya im gonna cry and scream if i want to but No i am not going to dope myself and my baby up just to please him and other patients. He was the last OB i've ever seen and I LOVE the CN Midwife I have now.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

July 14th, 2006, 07:58 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
Im glad you had a great birth despite that awful doctor. I wish docs would listen to the mothers intuition a bit more

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search