Brooklyn Marie's Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Veteran
After several trips to L&D with pre-term labor my water finally broke Wednesday, July 19th, just a little after 8:00PM. I had gone to the bathroom and was getting back in bed when I felt a pop. Before I could do anything I had a huge gush of water all over the place! My husband took Alyssa to the neighbor's and we headed off to the hospital. I was having a ton of pressure, but I wasn't having unbearable contractions. But given Alyssa's quick birth and my preterm labor I wasn't taking any chances. We got to the hospital and I was already 5cm. I still wasn't contracting too hard though. We walked for about an hour before my contractions were getting really intense. They checked me and I was expecting to be almost complete. Nope. I was only 5-6cm still! I certainly didn't have that problem with Alyssa. I was having unbearable pain and pressure and was getting really sharp pains in my lower back, so they let me get into the jacuzzi tub for a bit. This totally helped the contractions and the pain! If they would have let me deliver in there I would have been thrilled, but they wouldn't because they weren't exactly sure how far along I was. After a good amount of time in the tub I suddenly hit transition and was a mess. I threw up a few times and I was shaking like crazy. A lot worse that I was with Alyssa. The contractions were right on top of each other and I was starting to lose control a little. They made me get out of the tub, and go back to the bed! I thought I was going to die!!! I was trying to make my way from the tub to the bed and the contractions were literally bringing me to my knees! My husband was doing all he could to keep me up! I finally made it back to the bed and as soon as I was on my back I was having horrible pains in my back and I was only 8 1/2-9 cm! I was crying because the pain in my back was so bad. The nurse ended up having me get on my hands and knees so she could apply pressure to my back. That was the position I ended up using to deliver in. I went from 9 to 10 pretty quickly and I had the uncontrollable urge to push. The doctor was still gowning up when she was crowning. I only had to push 4 times and she was out. Her apgars were 8 and 9. Shortly after I was nursing she started having a little trouble breathing and her oxygen dropped down a bit. They kept her in the NICU that day and night and then she came out of the NICU on Friday. And was able to comehome Saturday.

I didn't tear or need to be cut. They wanted to send me home Friday, but I was (and still am) having a lot of horrible pain in my back. Friday it was so bad I could barely walk. It's been getting a bit better, but a long ways from normal. My original due date was September 14, but since I was measuring 3+ weeks ahead my entire pregnancy they had moved it to September 1st. They think I was really due sometime around August 23, making me just over 36 weeks when I delivered. Alyssa was 9 1/2 lbs, so for me to have a 6 lb baby at 35-36 weeks seemed appropriate. I was very unsure of my date of conception, as I had a light period for at least a month of two after I was pregnant.

Brooklyn Marie - 6 lbs 4 oz 18 1/4 inches July 20th, 2006 3:59 am
August 2nd, 2006, 03:59 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
Congratulations once again on an incredible sounding birth!

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search