Lily Pearl Moonbeam

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2006, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ahhh.. i am still in amazment from the experience, but i will try not to bore y'all with the emotions of the event..hehehe

well on Thursday the 27th, i woke up feeling..well..funky. i was all giddy, and i knew that something was brewing. my husband took a look at me and said i was glowing~ we had a great breakfast, and the sun was shinning soo hot. we started our day normally, and did our own thing. around 9:30 my husband called me outta he house to show me a mama eagle teacheing her baby eagle to fly. the papa was high up in the thermal watching over. it was amazing as we watched, because eagles have always been the totem animal of my husband, and has been present in every event in our lives. so as we watched, i said to my man, today is the day!

i took a shower and was feeling contractions coming every 10 minutes or so. they were really easy to deal with, but i knew them to be the real thing because the were regular. i then went for a walk in THEwoods with my dogs, and had to stop a couple of times to get through a couple. i was SOOO exctied. when i got back to the farm, i told DH that he should start getting ready, i was about 7 minutes apart, and just knew that soon it was gonna be soon.

so..as you may know, i live almost an hour from a hospital, so i chose not to have a homebirth in My own home, but my freind offered her home which is 12 minutes from the hospital, so we planned for a homebirth there. i started packing my bags as my hubby got the farm chores done, and at noon we finally called the midwife to tell her to meet us at the house. she didnt even hesitate to start coming, she had predicted me a fast labour, and knew there was no time to watse.

we drove the 30 minute drive there, and giggled and cried in excitement the whole time. the rushes were coming on about every 4 minutes, but still easy to deal with. when we arrived, my midwife was close behind. she took one look at me and started preparing all her stuff, the pool and all the equiptment. this was at 1pm. i started making the bed and setting up music and ambiance.

after about a half an hour, things were coming on fast, and getting a bit harder to deal with, and i asked her to check me. i was only at 2 cms, but fully thinned out and progressing nice.

so at 1:30, i went out to the garden, and we looked at flowers, walked by the creek, and enjoyed the beautiful day. my husband was amazing at supporting me through the rushes, which were getting soo strong. we were all laughing (my 2 girlfreinds were there at this time) and playing with the dogs.

things started getting a bit blurry here for me, but i know that at 3:30, after having a pretty good time in active labour, i had to go the bathroom where i had the urge to push, and GUSH, my water broke! yahoo... what a feeling. immediatly things started getting intense, and i didnt waste any time getting into the pool. AHHHHHHHHHHH... the pool was amazing. didnt relieve the pressure, but felt sooo good to feel bouyanty and such. my midwife checked me and i was at 8cms! WOW.. going sooo fast.

at 4:00 i was fully dialated and ready for second stage. this part was a blur for me, but by 5:20 pm, there she was, in my arms. born into water, brought up by my husband onto my chest. AMAZING!!! hubby cut the cord and set her free, and then took him onto his chest while i was helped outta the pool, dried of and put to bed.

i had a bit of a comlication delivering the placenta. it got stuck in my birth canal, and i couldnt push it out. i has the energy, but my midwife couldnt understand what the hold up was. she gave me some homeopathic Arnica, and finally a shot of oxytotcin. i then got the threat that i would be transfered to a hospital in 1 minute if i didnt deliver this NOW, because it had been over an hour, and she was concernerned. well.. that was a threat enough for me, and i delivered! phew.... nice and done.

soooooooooooooooo......

Lily Pearl was born at 5:20 pm April 27th 2006. 20.5 inches long and 6.2 lbs. perfect in every way.

we were back at the farm at 11:30 that night less than 12 hours after we left.

she is such a good baby, and breastfeeding well. i feel great, and am making milk like a champ. my butt doesnt feel too bad considering either~

August 2nd, 2006, 11:19 AM
Tash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Tash
What a great story! THank you for sharing it!!!

Lily is beautiful!
August 2nd, 2006, 03:45 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awsome story momma!
November 6th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via MSN to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via Yahoo to JensJulyBoy05
wow shes beautiful!!! And Lily Pearl fits her perfect!

<blockquote><blockquote><blockquote>

</blockquote></blockquote></blockquote>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search