Penelope's Birth Center birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SCMomma
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Regular
So anyway, I was at work on the 11th. Around 10 in the morning I felt what I thought were gas pains. But then I realized they were coming and going. I work with my mom and told her I thought I might possibly be having baby contractions so she told me to start writing down the times. I was timing them at anywhere from 6-9 minutes apart. And they definitely didn't hurt they were just mildly uncomfortable. We decided to go for a walk over our lunch break and see if that would start anything but I think it actually slowed them down a little bit. They picked back up to about 5 minutes apart later in the afternoon but still weren't painful in the slightest. I figured I'd have them like that for a few days before real labor set in. After I got home I decided to sit on the birthing ball for a little bit and see if that did anything. They got really close together but still weren't painful so we decided to go have dinner.

After dinner, same story. Still contracting. Still not painful. We decided to just go to bed and monitor them again in the morning. We went to be at 10:00. At 11:00 a contraction woke me up....definitely painful. I laid there for a few minutes and another one came pretty fast so I decided to time a couple. They were coming every 2 minutes and they were hurting so I woke up my husband and said it was time to go. We got all changed and grabbed everything we needed to. Contractions in the car were quite bad and I had to breathe through almost all of them as I'm trying to call the midwife, and my mom. My sister was supposed to go with us to watch my older son and take him out of the room if he was overwhelmed but had something come up last minute and couldn't come so I was also scrambling for a caretaker for him all while trying to concentrate on contractions.

We got to the birth center at 12:30 and I got checked and was already dilated to 7! YAY!! I was SO nervous I'd be like a 3. I mostly labored in a chair since it felt best to sit for some reason. I spent a little time on my side in the bed. They were having me empty my bladder every hour so as not to hold up the progress. The last time I went to the restroom I knew it was time to push but I was terrified. It already hurt and the pressure was so intense and I pushed with an epidural the first time. I was psyching myself out really bad. Anyway, I got back in the bed and couldn't even get to my more comfortable side before my body was pushing for me. I had no choice but to go with it. My water broke with my first push. My mom has been my push counter both times now but my three year old son helped her this time. It was pretty adorable. I pushed for 13 minutes before my daughter was born.

As I was reaching down to get her and bring her to my chest, my mom said "I think you just birthed a three month old." Penelope Lacelyn was 11 pounds 4 ounces. I've spent my whole life thinking I'm the biggest wimp and that I could never give birth without pain medication. But not only did I do it...I gave birth to an 11 pound baby without any sort of medication and without tearing. It's very empowering. And I'm so in love with my baby I worked so hard for. <3

February 25th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Veteran
Love your story! I wish every woman could see stories like this and know that bigger babies can be born just as beautifully and naturally as any other baby. And with no tearing! You go, Mama!
laleighpop likes this.

February 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Regular
Awww, thank you! I forgot to put that she was born at 3:52 AM. So I was also only in hard labor for a little over 4 hours.

February 25th, 2014, 07:11 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Go mama go!! Sounds amazing Congrats on your (not so) little girl!
Avery'sMommy430 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search