Planned unmedicated hospital birth, 2nd child

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2006, 10:31 AM
aihsela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to aihsela Send a message via MSN to aihsela
For two weeks I was having Braxton Hick contractions very regularly and they started to hurt. The following Monday morning I lost a piece of my mucus plug but did not continue to see pieces after that. I had called in the last two Thursdays (I had already taken off every Wednesday for the last 2 months) because of pressure and just the plain fact of not wanting to go into labor after working a busy day lol. I had false labor on the following Tuesday night…and again a couple days later…so when it actually came..I wasn’t sure if it was really it. I woke up Saturday..like any other day. Just waiting for my little man to come. I was miserable. With this one I not only had the usual symptoms of pregnancy, I also had heartburn with acid reflux. I would wake up in the middle of the night pretty much choking on my own vomit. It sucked. But, on the other hand, I loved feeling him inside me. So..back to that Saturday. I was having the usual contractions but this time, at 11am after going to the bathroom, I was losing my plug. Not getting too excited because I lost a piece before, I thought nothing of it. Then, after another bathroom trip..I was still losing it. I decided that if this was it..I wanted to speed it along. Kurt and I took Tyler to Suson Park and we walked around for awhile..went and got snow cones and came home. I was still losing more plug so we went to the mall and walked around there..then to Toys R Us so Ty could look around and see if he could find things he might want for his b-day, and an excuse for me to walk some more. We went home and I had been losing my plug all day. I never even seen my plug with Ty so I was amazed at how there was so much of it. But, by that evening, it had stopped. I was a little bummed. A couple hours later we decided to watch a movie (Blue Collar Comedy to be exact lol) and toward the end of it my contractions hurt so much that I had to close my eyes and try and relax. I’ve had them all day (and the past two weeks) but they seemed to intensify. Still, I didn’t get my hopes up. Getting ready for bed and I go to the bathroom…MORE PLUG!! I got excited..not only were my contractions harder..I was consistently losing my plug!! Still..I didn’t get my hopes too high..but I was paying attention now. We lay down to sleep and the contractions are waking me up. At midnight I decided to count them…4min..5 min…3 min…4 min..apart. I decided to get up and wake up Kurt. I had to repeat myself to wake him up “Hunny..I think we better go”..alot different of a story than when I was in labor with Ty..I barely whispered my water broke and he was out of bed rofl. I walk into Ty’s room and wake him up to tell him it’s time to go. I go check on the bunny and the cats food..come back to Ty’s room..just like his daddy, he went back to sleep lol. I feed the hamster and we are on our way. I didn’t want Kurt to call Marie to come get Ty from the hosp until I knew for sure that this was it. In the car the contractions were coming faster and harder so he called her just to give her a “heads up” but not to come out yet. By the time we were signing in at labor and delivery..I didn’t need a doctor or a nurse to tell me that this was it..I knew it. So Kurt called his mom for her to come get Ty. They bring me into a triage unit and have me change. Kurt turns the TV on and one of my fav movies of all time was on TBS, “The Crow”. Call me weird but it made me feel like God was there and trying to keep my mind of the labor by airing one of my favorite movies lol. The nurse then came in and hooked me up to a monitor and checks my cervix…dilated to 8cm!! I was so happy and relieved because it hurt bad and I was going drug-free with this one. They hurry up and move me to a labor room. This is kinda where everything turns into a blur. My contractions where hard and fast and I was in a lot of pain. I remember the nurse asking me family history questions and me getting mad because I really wasn’t in the mood to answer them. I then remember going to the bathroom and the nurse asked for a sample..there was nothing but blood in the cup. I never saw “down there” with Ty so I didn’t know it was that bloody. I remember leaning over the sink just swaying and hearing my son ask me why I was moaning. I then remember asking Kurt where the hell his mom was lol. Nurse checks me again and I am at 9cm..she seemed a little paniced and said she was gonna call Dr. Chen. I could tell this was going fast but I wasn’t complaining. One thing I do remember though was not wanting Ty to see me like this. Dr.Chen walks in and is nice as can be as usual. Next thing I know Marie sticks her head through the door and I looked right at her and said “Get him out of here”. Dr. Chen checks me and says..were ready to go. I went through so many emotions. Kinda felt like I was losing my mind. I couldn’t think straight. I felt delirious. I would roll on one side and then to another…the pain was constant. I was crying..this next part is something I will hold in my heart until the day I die. I looked straight into my husbands eyes and said “baby, this hurts so bad”. Directly after that Dr. Chen asked if my water had broke and I told him no. I then look at Kurt and he has a tear in his eye. I have never felt so much love for him then I did at that moment, words can not explain it. I remember then saying outloud “I need to calm down”. Dr. Chen then told me he was going to break my water and I freaked a little because I read that the contractions hurt worse after your water breaks (my first sign of labor with Ty was my water breaking so I wasn’t sure if this held true). He broke my water and almost instantly I felt the urge to push. I tried pushing on my side and it just didn’t feel right so I then tried to put my legs in the stirrups..my legs felt like bricks, they were so heavy..the nurses and Dr. Chen had to help me get them in there. The coolest thing was with my first push, I felt him move down my birth canal. I could feel everything..not in a bad way though. With every push I felt progress..internally and externally. It was a very cool feeling. I pushed 3-4 times and the next thing I knew..he was on my tummy . Gauge Stephen Repa was born at 3:01am on July 23rd..just 61 minutes after we arrived at the hospital at 2:00am.

Gauge Stephen Repa
8lbs 15oz
20in
September 29th, 2006, 10:51 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH gosh, i was doing so good until yu mentioned seeing the tear in your husbands eye. lol.

What a great story, I love all these stories lately - they are just all more inspiration for me.

You did a great job, how wonderful! You did it! Congratulations - its amazing how strong we women can be isnt it? We even amaze ourselves

Thanks so much for sharing

Lala..

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 29th, 2006, 11:28 AM
aihsela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to aihsela Send a message via MSN to aihsela
Quote:
OH gosh, i was doing so good until yu mentioned seeing the tear in your husbands eye. lol.

What a great story, I love all these stories lately - they are just all more inspiration for me.

You did a great job, how wonderful! You did it! Congratulations - its amazing how strong we women can be isnt it? We even amaze ourselves

Thanks so much for sharing

Lala..[/b]
Your welcome! And thank you and the other board members for answering all my questions before I gave birth . I was scared to death to go natural but determined!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search