My planned, no drugs, no epi hospital birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2006, 06:14 PM
PiperJRL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiperJRL Send a message via MSN to PiperJRL Send a message via Yahoo to PiperJRL
I know it's been almost a month since his birth, but it was a planned natural birth so I thought I'd post it belonged here too. I've been attached to my DDC and have neglected all the boards I'm on.

Logan Gene Winnie
Sept 7th 2006 @ 5:22 am
8 lbs 14 oz 20 1/2 inches long....No IV, No Epi, Nothing.

1:00 am....Conan O'Brien was on. I love him. I was laying on the couch and had my feet in Chris's lap as usual. I felt a flick, like Logan having hiccups only lower down and then felt some wetness. I thought maybe I had just pissed myself again as I had earlier in the day, but this time it didn't stop. I told Chris that my water had broke and he was like, "Are you sure?". I said yeah and to call Dustin and get Ricky up. So he did. He took Ricky on over to Dustin's house at 1:30 am and I waited at home. Since contractions hadn't started, I knew I'd be fine for a few by myself. I called everyone, left the message on here and called L and D. My midwife who was there advised me to go ahead and labor at home until they were 5 mins apart. Ok, fine. If I had went then, I'd forfeit the Gentle Beginnings Birth Center. They didn't have enough nurses that night for me to go at that moment. By the time Chris got back around, 2:00 am, my contractions were near 5 min apart and RAPIDLY getting closer. I started timing them with my cell phones stopwatch. We left for the hospital around 2:30 am, and by then they were 2 mins apart.

When we got there they put me in L and D Triage. They assessed my labor and got my room ready. My midwife informed me that they still didn't have the nurse power at the time to send me to the Birth Center and I told her it was fine. I just wanted to have my baby. Around 3 am or so, they took me to my room and Chris' mom arrived about 4:30 am.

When I started to feel pressure, I decided to let my body do it for me. I breathed through the contractions, and surprisingly to the nurses, calm as could be. When I started to feel Logan move down and my body push, I told the nurse, in a very calm and 'indoor voice', "I feel burning and stretching, he's coming.". She said I made it look and sound so easy. HA!!! I wish!!! Chris says I started pushing a bit after 5 am. I couldn't remember. The clock was NOT on my list on things to look at. My body kept pushing and would stop, then push again. When I felt his head was out, I stopped pushing cause I knew they would suction him out some and when she said push, I pushed myself. He was here!!! 5:22 am. He cried right away and they placed him beside me and waited for the cord to stop pulsating so Chris could cut it. His scores where 8 at 1 min and 9 at 5 min.

I ended up tearing a little. Just enough for 2 stitches. I was going for no tears, I thought if I let my body do the pushing, my chances were very low. That, and I'd had no tears with my other two. She said I had tore when his head came out. His head was the biggest of my three at 14 in. circumference.

Just about to leave!

We're home!!

</div>
October 11th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
what a wonderful birth. you seemed to be relaxed and focusing on what your body wanted to do. I am hoping for a natural birth with my next one. I wanted it with this one, but I had problems in the beginning. Anyways congrats you have a beautiful baby.

I have that same carseat

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

November 8th, 2006, 12:35 PM
short_n_swt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How beautiful! I really want an all natural birth, just like yours! Amazing....Congrads!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search