Cayden Philip 9-15-06

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2006, 01:51 PM
skysmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to skysmom Send a message via Yahoo to skysmom
Well, i want to start out by saying i am very lucky to have such quick births. But at the same time, i feel like i missed out on some stuff.

On 9-14-06 i had my membranes stripped at 4cm. I was excited but didnt really think it would work. I did nothing different that day. Just went about my day as normal. Almost exactly 12 hours later, it was about 11pm, me and my husband were watching a movie in bed (Find Me Guilty with Vin deisel...its good!) Anyways, i wasnt feeling right. I thought nothing of it of course. I just fell asleep for a short period of time. Woke up, dh was asleep now. I got a pain, which i thought was gas or from being backed up (i had been pretty constipated lately, which is another reason i thought labor was nowhere near starting) but every so often i would get the pain again. Still thought it was gas pains. Also, with my last pregnany i was induced so i really had no idea how labor started or what it felt like. I decided to start timing them and figured out they were pretty much 5min apart and 1min in length. Im like, NO WAY. It wouldnt just start like that and be that close together would it??? I ignored it! I told my husband i thought we MIGHT be going to the hospital that night. He was like yeah yeah ok, and went back to sleep. I decided to do the dishes because i didnt want to leave the house messy. Eventually, i had to stop during the pain and lean over the sink. I was like, yeah this is it. So, i got in the shower. I heard of so many girls taking their time at home and not rushing to the hospital. But the pain was getting so bad. Blah blah blah, eventually we were out the door, took our 3 year old to fil's. I was in pretty bad pain by now and dh figured contractions to be about 2min apart! Finally got to the hospital, i felt like i was going to die. I went in to the ER, they said i had to CALL upstairs from our cell phone and tell them i was here or i would have to be admitted downstairs THEN upstairs and it would take awhile, which i was in too much pain to wait around you know. So we stepped outside the ER and called upstairs. I was just trying to get through contrax while he was trying to get the dr to let us up. All of a sudden i start to brace for a contraction and BAM! My water broke EVERYWHERE. It made up both jump. I started BAWLING MY EYES OUT. He's like 'her water just broke! her water just broke!' so they wheeled me up there, i put on a gown, and layed on the bed. All i can say is PAIN PAIN PAIN!!! I could barely move. A nurse checked me and said 6cm. I was like omg give me drugs!!! I couldnt believe i would only be 6cm. But someone else checked me right after and said 'no, get the table, shes fully'. I was so scared. I didnt want to push him out without and medication. I did it before and it hurt. I was soooo scared. But i just did it. She told me when to push and when to stop. Since i listened, i didnt tear. She helped widen me alittle so the head would fit through (nice of her huh?) ouch. But he came out at 3:08 am. ten minutes after i got to the hospital. There was no dr present at the delivery, a nurse did it. I didnt have an IV. I was scared also because i was positive for strep B and obviously didnt get the meds i needed. He turned out perfect though thank god. Everything went pretty smoothly but it was a little too quick for me. I didnt even know if it was real labor then next thing i know im holding him in my arms. Freaky.

Cayden Philip Holbrook
9-15-06 8lbs!!! 22inches long
(he didnt seem that big though and actually at his 2wk checkup he was 20 in. which they said could be because of a conehead shape at birth, but i didnt notice a weird shape head.)

I just wanted to add that another way i knew it was real labor was the fact that i had real loose bowels (sorry!) and that wasnt normal for me lately. It was like everything happening at once. Up until then, i hadnt even felt a contraction. I had no signs of labor what so ever.

Mom to Skyler Shaun (4) and Cayden Philip (9mo)
October 31st, 2006, 04:33 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
wow that was fast

but it sound like it went ok

congrats to you

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search