Chase Thomsen

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Veteran
This is my third natural birth and the only one in which the hypnobirthing technique was used. My first nb was intense and scary and painful. The second was intense and painful and wonderful. This one was long and peaceful and wonderful (except for hospital staff). I have been listening to relaxation cd's and practicing self-hypnosis. On Dec 13 I started contracting regularly in the evening, so I listened to the cds and waited until they really took effect. When I though they did, I had DH check me (he is an OB) and nothing. I was really surprised because I was already almost 3cm and usually I go really fast. I layed back down and was getting really uncomfortable. In the morning I let him check me again and still nothing. So frustrated, I went into the bathroom to take a shower and get my bearings and I started bleeding. I called for DH and he said it was bloody show and I things were getting going. He went into work for a bit and my mom and I headed to the hospital. They checked me and after surging all night I was only 4 cm. They admitted me. They were not happy about my refusal of IV and monitoring. Oh Well!!!! DH came shortly after and I relaxed with the CDs. I did experience pain when the nurse checked me because she was so rough. They are so used to patients having epidurals, they just plunge in and out!!! My sisters showed up and my best friend. I let them hook up the monitors every now and then, I started have 5 minute contractions and they challenged me to my core, but I was so set on the technique working. Then I would go 15 minutes with no contraction, it was really weird. This continued the entire day, during that time the nurse and the doctor explained that the pattern was indicative of the baby being posterior and I would need pitocin. I said no, and they acted like I was endangering the baby. I knew pitocin would lead to an epidural because they contractions they bring on are extremely intense and painful. Finally at 10 at night I was 10 cm with a lip. I said I wanted to start birthing my baby. We were getting nowhere!!!!! The baby was totally stuck. I was a bit nervous b/c my other 3 kids came after only one push, so I knew that him being posterior (face up) was going to be a problem. I let them hook him up to monitors for my peace of mind and hour later I knew I needed some help. I asked for pitocin. It took effect right away and boy did I have to push really hard through those surges. The birth breathing was not going to work. I pushed as hard as I could and finally at 12:08, Chase Thomsen was born!!!!!! I am really glad I used this method, the hospital staff was horrible. They didn't want me to make any decisions and tried to make me feel like a bad mom or that I didn't know what I was talking about. Going into a how shower helped during the 5 min surges and my sister and friend helped me with that. The best thing about the hypnobirthiing is it is really weird that the entire story seemed like only a few hours to me. It is hard to explain, b/c I was really with it and together. The other amazing thing is how great I felt afterwards. It was really neat to hear people tell me I did a good job. My Dh could not believe that I had birth a baby naturally that was posterior. I felt amazing!!!! The staff did relent when I told them I wanted to clean him off myself with DH and them bf him before they weighed him and took his stats. The only difficult aspect were people chatting when I was having a surge. I needed to get myself into the thought and it was distracting when people were talking. Otherwise I would highly recomend this method. I got my baby boy Chase, who was 6 lb 11 oz and 21 in long!!!!! My recovery was awesome and I couln't be happier!!!!
DS 7
DS 4

January 31st, 2008, 06:26 PM
Little Mrs Sunshine
CONGRATS! sounds like a great birth overall, and makes me excited to be using hypnobirthing this time around.
April 8th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Regular
I'm so excited to read a story about hypnobirthing- I am a first time mom, due in September, and I am using the Hypnobirthing method too! Everything I've read has been positive so far, and I'm glad your birth experience was so good. I am concerned about the hospital staff at my birthing though. My husband is in the air force, and so I will be giving birth in a military hospital, in a state we don't even live in yet (we're moving to florida from texas in a month!). I'm not sure how they'll take me wanting so much control, or how they'll react to me refusing an IV... Any advice in retrospect about how to deal with unsupportive/uncooperative staff?
April 18th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Regular
I hope our hypnobirthing for our at home delivery goes well...sounds like not going to the hospital is the key - I don't want to have to deal with impatient hospital staff unless there is an emergency. Thanks so much for sharing your story! Glad to hear your recovery was quick!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search