Gabriel Kaius 3/12/07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2007, 02:10 PM
yvonne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our little boy made his appearance yesterday. I started having tiny contractions around ten last night, I wasn't quite possative they were actually contractions because they didn't really hurt. I slept through them for two hours, and then they woke me up and they felt pretty close together but still not really hurting, just uncomfortable. But getting up made them slow way down to like every five minutes, so i I layed back down to try to get more sleep, then woke got back up when they were three minutes apart, and told dh that I was going to go take a shower, and he should get everything ready just in case this actually was labor. By the time I got all ready to go they were one minute apart, so we went. But wouldn't you know it, as soon as they laid me down and hooked me up to check me, they were 7 minutes apart. The nurse checked me and I was 4 cm, so I wanted to go home, but she wanted me to walk around to see if things would start up. She was not a really nice nurse, she just kept telling me that I should at least get the saline lock because all drugs would be through IV if I changed my mind. then she didn't like that the baby wasn't all wiggly and his hr was low and she kept wanting me to be hooked up to watch him, but I would stop having contractions on my back.She was going to check me but my dr. was suppose to be in around 8 anyways. H came in at 8:30 and said that they would check me in a little bit ti see if I had made any progress, and if I had they would admit me, and if not they would send me home, either way he would see me later. We then had a nurse change ohmy.gif the new one was super nice and very supportive of a natural birth and got out the birthball and showed me how to breath as the contractions started getting more uncomfortable, but were still 5 minutes apart.
She had me get in the bed to check me, but then I threw up.So she had me get in the tub to clean off. Then my contractions super slowed down. Then I had to go to the bathroom, So, I got out and went and I got back in the tub and the contractions started coming one after the other. They were starting to really hurt and I was starting to really doubt I could do it natural if it hurt this much already, so I tried getting out of the tub, and every time I moved another contraction started. I had to go to the bathroom again, so I got on the toilet and didn't have to go. I had dh get the nurse so she could check me. I had it all planned out that if I hadn't dilated much I was getting the epi. So the nurse came in, helped me to the bed and told me that she would check me after the next contraction to see if they could admit me to the hospital, and that was the worst contraction ever, It hurt so bad, and all the sudden I felt I had to go to the bathroom right then, I had to push, sO I did, and I realized it was between my legs, and I said, ;Is that the baby? and she said yes and started yelling 'stop pushing, and I told her I couldn't. She had to have Russell get her some gloves really quick and she was yelling that she need help, and the baby came out in the one contraction and then I felt 100 times better. So they decided they could admit us to the hospital :-[. Gabriel was put right on me and he started nursing right away. and didn't let go for and hour and 15 minutes.When he finally stopped nursing, the nurse called out, 'He finally let go." :-[ They came and measured him and he is 7 lbs 7 oz and 20.25 inches long. He looks just like Malachi, but with brown hair like his daddy. He was born at 11:08.
.The pediatric nurse came in and was telling us how the photographer comes by in the morning, and I told her I wanted to go home, and she told me didn't do that and she hadn't seen someone go home in less than 12 hours in years and even that was rare, and is negligent health care and blah blah blah. They then had us move to the pp side and we got new nurses, and we were apparently the talk of the floor and they said it was fine if we left if the DR.s okayed it, and they did. so we went home after we had some visitors.
I am absolutely amazed at the difference between this birth, and that of Malachi who was induced and I had an epi. There was such a difference in Gabriell when he was born, he was so alert right away, not to mention, I feel great. I didn't even tear, and the only thing that hurts is my back, and a little bit of cramps. I was able to get up right after I had him. 100 times better than with Malachi. I would definitely take another natural birth over a drugged birth, way easier.
and he is a nursing champ so far . He has a great latch.

Stocking every Wednesday at 3.</span>
March 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is great!
January 31st, 2008, 06:02 PM
Little Mrs Sunshine
he's so cute! wow you had a great birth! awesome, I hope mine is like that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search