Logan Kenneth 12/19/05

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone,
I gave birth to my son Logan naturally. I started contracting at about 11PM on 12/18/05, after about 6 hours of labor at home I was finally admitted to the hospital at 5am and was dialated to about 4 cm. When I was in labor my husband never left my side, he stayed with me holding my hand and using a cold wet cloth on my forehead to cool me down. My contractions were so close together, about 5 seconds apart, and the nurse kept telling me that she wanted to give me medication to "take the edge off". I refused all the meds they wanted to give me, about 2 hours before he was born, my contractions were so close together and my urge to push so strong, the doctor told me that I needed to stop pushing because the baby wasnt getting enough oxygen. I don't know if any of you ever had to stop pushing during labor but it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. When he was finally in the birth canal, the doctor said that he was not going to come out by himself (as my hips were always very small) so they called 3 more doctors into my room (at which time I was freaking out) and they used a vaccume to help me the rest of the way. My son was born at 12:43pm that afternoon weighing 8lbs 7oz. When they put him on my chest all the pain melted away and then I allowed the nurse to give me an IV to rehidrate me. Never before had we felt as truely blessed as we did that moment, and still do every moment since he was born.
Thanks for letting me share m story with you all
January 30th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Little Mrs Sunshine
im glad you stuck up to the nurses to have the birth you wanted! that is so awesome! i had to stop pushing with my son. I did, but my body didnt. i swear that kid fell out of me lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search