Share your story?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Regular
Good Morning,
I recently began writing a book. This book is about natural pregnancy and childbirth. My goal is for it to provide anyone considering a natural childbirth to be prepared and educated. It will be a marriage of scientific medical fact and the experiences of women who have felt the joy and strength of natural birth. I want to provide an honest picture of what can be expected, answers to the questions burning inside every woman, and advice on how to progress, happily and naturally through this beautiful experience. I hope to experience this for myself. Though I have never given birth nor am I pregnant my husband and I very much want to have children. In agreement with the way I live my life it only makes sense for me to choose the most natural path. With any luck we hope to have our first child within the next 2 or 3 years. From the moment I am blessed with child I will begin a journal and record my experience as true as possible. I will use large portions of this in the book.
However, when I first began considering this possibility I knew little. I don’t know anyone who has experience natural childbirth. Nor had anyone ever told me it was an option. I began researching because I was curious. What I found lightened my heart and allowed my mind to feel what my body already knew. That it is well, natural and possibly very rewarding. I am inspired by stories of others which I have come across on various discussion boards; Women who have done so and would do it again if given the choice. The problem I find is that many of us don’t know it is a choice. I want to use this book to tell women that they can do this and to provide information to make it possible. This book truly will rely on the experience of women who know. Therefore I would like to invite anyone who has been on this wonderful journey to submit their own story. The only requirement is that it must be truthful and honest. If you feel comfortable also provide a little information about yourself. I will provide my own story but I want this to be about more than just my experience. If interested send your story or questions to me by e-mail: shy_sharlet@excite.com or by mail at: 2 Jon’s lane, Pittston Maine, 04345.
I would also be helpful if you provide basic contact information- like your e-mail address and a simple statement like “I give you permission to use this in your book.” I am just beginning the book writing process and I expect this to take at lease a couple years. However, I will attempt to contact anyone who submits a story when it is published with various details. You will also be informed prior to publishing if your story will be used (and I plan to use all unless I get an unmanageable number of submissions). I also hope to present you will a final copy of your piece for confirmation at some point before this is all done. Again only provide what information you are comfortable with- I promise to handle all submitted material very discreetly.
Thanks so much in advance.
Charlotte.

P.S why not spark a nice discussion as well?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search