Anderson Luke M**** 12/23/07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2007, 08:45 AM
CBMS
Sunday, December 23, I woke up and didn't feel any different. I swore that was not the day... we got ready and had to go to the ILs for our family Christmas with them. Of course, being the procrastinators that we are, we had to make a couple stops on the way for the gifts. I had been having BH contractions for weeks...

at noon, I had a contraction that felt different than the ones in the weeks before. I knew it was more like a "real" contraction. I had another one about 13 minutes later. I didn't tell anyone that I was even having contractions...

We got to my ILs and were just eating and being with family. Sometime later in the afternoon, the contractions were ranging from 5 to 7 minutes apart. My husband finally came to me (I had excused myself to be alone) and asked what was going on. I admitted that I'd been having contractions, but that I wasn't sure they were real since they weren't hurting at all...they were becoming mildly uncomfortable though. I called my mom at about 430 to let her know I thought it would likely be the day... I called the midwife at about 530, when they were becoming more uncomfortable, but they were still 5 to 7 minutes and hadn't gotten onto a steady time. She told me to meet her at the birth center at 630 and she'd check me.

We got there a little before 630. She'd called to say she was running behind. She had been out when I called and had to drop some things off at home before she headed over. I knew on the way over that it was the real thing. They started to get pretty intense and began to be painful, and were closer together. She got there at about 10 till 7, I guess... I was contracting pretty hard by this time. I was squatting and bending forward to breathe during contractions now. They were 3 to 4 minutes apart. She checked me as soon as I got inside, and I was a good 7, on my way to 8. Bingo. Transition. No wonder the discomfort! I knew it was real. I wasn't aware it was that close, though!

I got into my nightgown then. And a bit later I went to the restroom and my water broke. Just a little while later, I started feeling the urge to push. Thank goodness my family was getting there at that time. Good thing they didn't piddle around.

In attendance were: my husband, my 10 year old daughter, 8 year old daughter, 8 year old niece, 12 year old niece, 17 year old niece, my sister in law, my mother, and off an on my 22 month old girl. She did take a peak when the head was out and was already wanting to hold the baby. My father also was just outside the room--he heard more than he'd really have cared to. Not that I'm a screamer. I hardly made a sound. The midwife said that's what made it go so quickly--instead of wasting my energy on hollering, I used it for having a baby.

At 7:43 (less than an hour after getting the birth center!) and after only 7 minutes of pushing, my little man was born. He weighed in at 7 lb. 10 oz. and was 19 inches long. He's perfect.

I was home just a few hours later, after having eaten and gone pee (the requirements) and been under a little observation. I loved my birth center birth. I would do it again in a second. But, since this is my last baby, I'll have to settle for just watching my video over and over. lol
December 30th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
what a beautiful birth story and such a beautiful baby!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

January 6th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
What a wonderful story, congrats on your birth and your precious little boy!
January 7th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
This is a truly beautiful birth story! Congratulations on such an easy delivery of your gorgeous baby boy. He's such a doll!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 17th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Danielle518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Danielle518
awww thanks for sharing
</a></div>
<div align="center">

</div>
January 30th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Little Mrs Sunshine
what a beautiful and amazing birth story! It gives so much hope Your son is soooooo cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search