My Natural Childbirth with Nevaeh Skyy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To natural childbirth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2008, 06:49 PM
MamaBx3
On Saturday January 28th 2006 , at 4:00 am.. I rolled over in my bed and experienced a HUGE gush.

I immediately got out of bed. Water was running down my leg as I ventured across the hall to my parents' bedroom. I simply said "Mom ? My water broke." and walked to the bathroom I was still half asleep !

When I came out of the bathroom, I called L&D. They asked me if I was contracting, I said no. They said I could stay home until I started feeling pains .. but I decided to go in right away. This was my first baby , I had no idea how fast this was going to go !

I get to the hospital.. They hook me up to the monitors for about 30 minutes. I was ok but feeling a bit nervous about what was ahead. Around 7:00 am I started to feel nauseous. I know it was just my nerves.
At 7:45 I started getting contractions, not strong ones, but I could feel them. I sat in a rocking chair and rocked for about an hour. I was reading a magazine and talking to my mom and SD.
I started to walk around my room at about 9:00 am. It was a gorgeous day.. such a great day to have a baby. I remember kneeling on the floor and holding onto the metal wheels on the beds .. the cold metal felt soo good on my clamy hands.
At 9:45 contractions started getting more intense. The nurses told me at that time that they would move me down to the birthing room once I reached 9 cm.
At 10:00 am, My nurse came back into the room. She checked me.. And said "we're going to move you to the birthing room now".. I said "what ? I'm already 9 cm !?!?!" .. She calmly said "no honey, You're scaring the other mothers"

I was fine with that ! I knew I was going to prefer the birthing room anyways .. I would be alone and in a room that looked just like a cozy bedroom !

So, I labored in the birthing room. It was so nice in there.. Calm. The lights were dimmed and it was so peaceful. I was 3 cm at 10:35 am. I knew that I wanted to have a natural birth .. That was all I wanted. But the pains were getting so intense.. I thought for sure I was going to cave and get the epi. The nurse told me that once I was 5 cm they would give me the epi if I still wanted it. I thought about it .. I was ok with NOT getting it , only when there were no contractions I held out. Every time they checked me I was still 3 cm .. They checked me about 5 times from 10:35 am until about 1:35 pm. Around 1:45 I started experiencing a really weird pressure. It was a pressure feeling in my bum. I felt like I had to squirm away from the pressure. I was all over the place ! I made a loud "AhHhH" sound and the nurse looked at my mom (the SAME nurse that delivered me, BTW!) and said "I bet she's 10 cm!" I said "what ! NO! I need an epi !!!! I'm not pushing without one!" She checked me, and sure enough I was 10 ! I went from 3 cm to fully dilated in less than 10 minutes ! She called the doctor.. He came in and I was still saying that I wasn't going to push without an epi He told me I had no choice ! My body would take over and push her out. I made him promise me that I wasn't going to tear
He wasn't my family doctor .. He was the doctor on-call .. So I was a bit nervous.

Then he said to me "I read your birth plan .. You can do what ever you'd like, I'll be here to help you" .. I was SO happy !! That was the best thing I had heard all day
So.. the lights were dimmed and the room was completely silent. I asked them for the mirror so I could see my progress. Then, I sat almost completely up-right .. grabbed ahold of my legs, And pushed. I pushed 3 times.. The 4th push , her head came out.. It was so amazing ! I was already bawling, I couldn't wait to hold her. With the next push, I grabbed ahold of her, under her arms, and pulled her out. It was incredible ! I put her on my chest as they rubbed her down.

She was born at 1:57 pm weighing 7 lbs 14 oz. She was 20.5 inches long.. SOOOOO beautiful !
*pics removed and put into the NCB photos*
January 11th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Wow! You dilated so fast! That's a great birth story! I too thought I was going to take the epi at one point but then found out I was 9 cm so I stuck with it. I'm so glad I did. Your daughter is beautiful!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 12th, 2008, 06:18 AM
MamaBx3
I'm glad you stuck it out and didn't get that epi !

& thank you
January 30th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Little Mrs Sunshine
what a great story! I wish the hospital doctors would read my ###### birth plans. the nurses were mean about telling me to be quiet with my son. Thanks for sharing your story, it was beautiful!
May 27th, 2008, 07:10 AM
MamaBx3
Quote:
what a great story! I wish the hospital doctors would read my ###### birth plans. the nurses were mean about telling me to be quiet with my son. Thanks for sharing your story, it was beautiful![/b]
I'm sorry you had mean nurses !! That's the last thing you want while in labor .. I can't even imagine.
June 5th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyInWaiting Send a message via MSN to LadyInWaiting
Haha I am so Dumb Britanie. I was reading it and like I thought she had Vae and Sophia.. I get it now.. I am slow... HA. But excellent Story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search