PunkPrincessofRAWisner

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To D&C Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Gabby'sMomPunkPrincessSarah's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Gabby'sMomPunkPrincessSarah Send a message via Yahoo to Gabby'sMomPunkPrincessSarah
MAy 31, 2009

Well I really don't like to talk about my D&C but I decided that I can't keep this bottled up anymore, My name is Sarah and if any of you has come in contact with the admin rawisner than you probably aready know this story. I was supposed to be at least 7 weeks along my due date was January 13, 2010. and it was Friday MAy 28th and I had noticed alittle spotting and I went and asked my mother about it, she said that I should be fine but to keep an eye on it, by Saturday afternoon the spotting was worse and now cramps were starting I figured it was because I had overworked myself at the yardsale we had had that day. That night at around 8 o'clock the cramps got worse so when my mother got home she took me to the hospital, I had a blood test done to check my hcg levels which were low and after a trans vaginal ultrasound which shoild a empty sac that was not even 7 weeks yet, I was sent home with a note for work and intructions to see my doc. the next day my mom called my doctor to set up an appointment, it seems funny my first apponitment was to be that Tuesday, Mom ended up get the same time as the one I was supposed to have the following day... I'm so glad to have had my mother with me through all of this, well anyway I went in to see the doc and he did a vaginal exam and then ordered more blood work for hcg levels, for that day and the following one, but said he was pretty sure that I was miscarring... I don't think I talked the whole way home I was trying to be tough and not cry but as soon as I got home I crawled into bed and broke down I couldn't believe that I was losing this baby, my baby, uplanned but unconditionaly love already. My mother held me, cried with me and tried to help but nothing seems to make it better, my grandfather came in and tried to talk to me but ended up crying too, most surpriseing was my younger brother the would-have-been uncle, he came in my room and hugged me and was crying i was soo shocked the normally stotic boy was in tears for my lost child.My boyfriend tried to be there for me but he was hurt as well. By Wensday the doc called and said that Mondays levels were down but that Tuesdays had gone up so he ordered on more test for Friday... I got the results of Fridays test on Monday June 8th that my levels had gone up and were higher than last Monday's but he thought that I would need a D&C he had me get more blood work on Tuesday the 9th(STAT),by this point I felt like a freaking pin cushion the doc called me on tuesday afternoon after I had the bloodtest done and said that they were down slightly but not enough that I would not need a D&C and that was scheduled for the following day at 7am....At this point I just wanted everything to be overwith, every test that was slightly higher made my heart jump at the chance that maybe the doc was wrong maybe I wasn't miscarrying and it was just a false alarm, then to have them dashed by the news that my levels were going down....My mother took me to the hospital on Wensday morning and sat with me as I signed of on everything I think she was a little disgruntaled because I'm of age and she's still not used to that...It took a while for them to find a vien for the IV and I ened up being stuck three times before they got it in my wrist, I sat in the room as nurses and techs came in to have me sign papers and finally the doc came in and explained everything and to this day I still don't remember what the man said to me...The time came when I was taken to the OR and away form my mom, needless to say I was scared I remember being wheeled into the OR and told to slide on to the table and then haveing my arms straped down, the last thing I remember was looking at the light and it was moving in circles then nothing...Afterwards I woke up well tried to I felt like a junkie on a fix...i could barely keep my eyes open, while I was waking up they took my vitals and told me that I would need my blood tested again to see if I would need the Rogam(sp?) shot or not... I told them that I knew my blood type and that I had my donor card in my wallet, well my mother had it with her....but they said that they couldn't use that so i had to wait for them to test my blood after they stuck me again, to see if i needed the shot or not...I finally woke up almost all the way and then I was moved and my mother was brought back and my clothes I was happy to see my mom cause all I wanted was to go home and sleep...they finally came and told me that I did have to have the shot and once I got that I could go home. I left the Hospital around 11 and went home and slept till 3 I think I can't remember....I Don't ever want to have to experience something like this again, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy...I'm so glad I had the wonderful support system of my family and my Best friend, without them I don't think I could have handled everything I know that without my mother I would have been soo lost...I know that most girls my age who get pregnant don't have the support of their mothers and I'm so glad that my mom was there for me every step of the way..Everyday is a struggle to get over the lost child that I will never hold, talk to, kiss or hug but that I will always love...Everyday I feel alittle bit stronger and I know that I can face the world...It hurt though top know that there are people who didn't lose their child and I sometimes think that God gipped me....But I know that my lost Angel is watching over me and I know that I can go on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search