New to this forum . . . not to justmommies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To D&C Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Veteran
I was hoping that I wouldn't have to post in here, but in my heart, for the past few weeks I knew something wasn't right. We just found out today (at 11 weeks per my first u/s) that my baby didn't have a heartbeat. I had a STAT internal u/s on November 3rd and my OB just got the results of it yesterday. Apparently my baby died in October. I didn't get the exact measurments as I couldn't think at all this morning at the office.

I'm going to be scheduled for a D & C next week. Part of me is hoping for it to happen naturally this weekend (but I really don't want to see the baby like this), but knowing that I haven been spotting (which has almost stopped) for 4 weeks and it hasn't happened yet it probably won't happen on its own.

Right now I am just so sad, but I have a beautiful 20 month old to take care of, so I try not to show it. I've done nothing but cry for the past 24 hours (since the doctor called me late last night, at that point I knew something was surely wrong). I try to sleep but can't.

Thanks for listening to me.
We will never forget Lil' Bean #1 we lost on 4/23/07.

We will never forget our second little angel that joined our other angel October 2009. We miss you already baby.

November 13th, 2009, 03:33 PM
faygeo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to faygeo
oh Karen. i am so truely sorry to hear this. i kept checking in on the ddc to see if you had updated. i was hoping and praying that everything was ok with you and your bean. i understand you wanting to go natural, thats what i did, mine started right after they told me that my baby had died, well at least spotting did. i think that it has helped with the grieving process. the actual m/c wasnt until 5 days later. you have a right to feel sad and cry. i try to hide my sadness sometimes too because of my other children but when i am alone sometimes i just bust loose with it and have a good cry.

November 13th, 2009, 05:17 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
November 14th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Veteran
Thanks ladies. The pain started last night. I'm getting these sharp pains that come and go that I can feel all the way up into my shoulder blade. Just like a lightning bolt. Still spotting brown. I'm wondering if it is okay to take a Percocet/Endocet as the Tylenol has done absolutely nothing for me.

We will never forget our second little angel that joined our other angel October 2009. We miss you already baby.

November 14th, 2009, 03:08 PM
with my first m/c, i wasnt as far along as with this one. i ended up at the er because the pain was so bad and they gave me percocet that didnt even touch the pain. they ended up giving me 3 units of morphine. i am no dr but i say that if you know that you are able to take it and the pain is that bad you should then.

November 16th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Veteran
Well it is going to be Wednesday. I still don't believe it. I've also asked for another u/s before the procedure because I have to see the baby myself. I think that will help me with the acceptance of it all. When I was talking to the nurse today she said that happens quite frequently, that the moms want to see the baby just one last time.

November 16th, 2009, 02:59 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Hugs

November 17th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. i am so sorry you have to go through this. you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

November 18th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss...
I know what you mean about wanting to see the baby just to make sure. I asked for that too, I was just sure they had to be wrong...Make sure that if you want a u/s pic you ask for it then...i wasn't in the frame of mind to and now i regret it...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search