I am afraid to have it done

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To D&C Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Veteran
I will probably have to have the D&C procedure. My baby died two weeks ago and I have not even had any signs of miscarrying. I can still kind of feel things growing.

But the procedure scares me. I've look it up to see what's involved and it wasn't very comforting. I've read other people's experiences (not here) and they seem to be mixed. Some it turns out very well and they are able to have another child soon after. Others talk about it being painful, the doctors messing up, and having their uteruses scarred. I shouldn't have read about it because now I am terrified.

Finally, even though there is no viable fetus and this child will not grow, I am not ready for the pregnancy to be over. I feel that once the D&C is done, that will be it. And yeah I know that the pregnancy is over but part of me is still in denial. I can't help but think, 'what if the machine was broken and that is why they didn't pick up the heart beat?' 'What if the doctor made a mistake?' 'What if i wasn't as far along as I thought?'
September 5th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy

Last edited by silverlife; September 14th, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
September 5th, 2011, 08:29 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Depending on how far along you were there are other options for helping your body miscarry without having to have a D&C. I never had that option since I was 15 and 12 weeks a D&C or labor were my only options. I knew L&D wasn't something I could handle emotionally. I personally did fine with the D&C and did not have any scarring. I hope you are able to do things the way you want and without worry. I am sorry you are having to go through this at all.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 5th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Veteran
I will be talking to the doctor tomorrow. I found out that I am miscarrying on Friday and I can't get in until tomorrow because of the holiday weekend. I was nine weeks along when the baby died and I would be 11 weeks.
September 6th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I remember being scared that they might have made a mistake. I think I had 4 ultrasounds before I finally let them schedule a D&C. I had a missed m/c so if it hadn't been for the early ultrasound, I wouldn't have known the baby died at 6 weeks. I went 3 more weeks before having the D&C. My HCG numbers were still going up and my symptoms were still there. It's was pretty hard emotionally, but the D&C was very easy physically. I only bled/spotted for about a week afterwards and I really didn't have any pain. After all the uncertainty of the past 3 weeks and the emotion roller coaster I had been on, it was actually a relief to just have it done. It's different for everyone though, and there are other options depending how far along you were. I'm sorry anyone has to go through this.

September 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Veteran
Well it is scheduled for tomorrow at 11 am. At my Dr appointment on Monday, they said that they could only wait another week to miscarry. But I just want it to be over. They also think, that because I have not started to bleed or show any signs of miscarrying, that they would probably have to do it anyway.
September 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry but sometimes it is better to just do it and start healing then to hang on to hope. Its hard either way. I hope your procedure goes smoothly. Please let us know how you do.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 8th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Veteran
I had it done and the surgery went well. I was terrified in the time lading up to it and they had to give me valium to calm me down. I do not have cramping at the moment but my cervix is a little sore. And of course I am bleeding. Right now I am having some chicken noodle soup and will probably be taking a nap soon.
September 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I'm glad it went well. Hope your recovery goes well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search