Jessica's d&c experience

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To D&C Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2007, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm back from my d&c from earlier this morning. It definitely was not as bad as I thought it would be. I was so scared before I went in that all I could do was cry or stare off into space.

When I got to the surgical center I immediately felt calm, the whole place was very nice and the staff was very nice too and made me feel comfortable. I sat in the lobby for 10 minutes before they called me back. They then took me back to my own private room with bed, rocking chair, lazy boy and tv. They got my medical history and they hooked me up to an IV with saline and some strong dose of motrin to help with the cramping. They let my husband back into the room to sit with me until they wheeled me away. My OB came in to talk to me and answer any questions I might have, he was doing the procedure and then he got ready for the surgery. The anesthesiologist then came into the room to ask me my history and how I reacted to anesthesia - I told him that I threw up the last time from it, so he ordered me up a bunch of medication to take before they gave me the anesthesia - it was two pills followed by a really tart orange drink, a chewable dramamine and some other stuff they put in my IV. The anesthesiologist then put some stuff in my IV and they began to wheel me away, I said goodbye to my husband and started getting chocked up and the nurse rubbed my foot and told me that she would take very good care of me. I got to the surgical room and remember them sliding me onto a different table and remember sitting in this hole and they told me to sit close to it but not in it - LOL. I also do remember them strapping my arms down. After that I remember absolutely nothing! I woke up about 10 minutes afterward and I was already in my room. I felt some immediate cramping and the nurse gave me two doses of demoral and I felt better almost immediately. They let my husband come back and sit with me again and I ate some Cheeze-Its and drank some water and Coke. About 30 minutes later I was ready to get up, get dressed and go. I did go to the bathroom and they helped me to the bathroom and showed me where more pads were in case I needed one but I didn't because my pad was barely stained and then when I wiped the blood was not bad - not at all what I thought it would be. Also, there was no blood in the toilet. When we left, I was hungry so we went to a sandwhich shop and I got a sandwich and soup and took it home. I ate the soup and half the sandwich and then went to bed for 3 hours - I remember sweating a lot while I slept. When I woke up I was bleeding a little more but again not too bad, kind of like a light period. I also started having cramps a little bit so I took a Darvicet that they prescribed and am feeling ok.

I'm actually going to go out with my husband for a drive right now to pick up my wedding video from his mom's house and we'll come home and watch it.

I thought I'd post my story so that others could read about my experience - I know it was helpful to read others' stories when I was getting ready for my procedure. I made the best decision for myself and would do it again in a minute if I had to - I just couldn't emotionally wait to miscarry naturally, my nerves were already shot.

February 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Hello Jessica,

I'm about to have a D&C this coming Wednesday. Thank you very much for posting your experience. this will be the first time for me. I am a little nervous about it, but your experience is helping me get an idea what I could expect. At least now I know to bring my own pad if I need it .

I've been told my doctor has done so many of these with little to now complications. I trust that I'm in good hands with him.

This is so hard for me, but the last time I had to go through a miscarriage like this one, I used cytotec. I figured it would be nice to just do it quietly at home, but it was so painful. I probably looked like I was possessed I was squirming and crying in pain so much. I'll never do that again!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search