TimberWolf's D&C Experience

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To D&C Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2007, 06:56 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Yesterday, I was scheduled for a D&C. I had asked the doctor before going through the procedure while I was waiting to be taken into the room, what sort of tests would he be doing on the tissue. He said he isn’t going to. He didn’t feel it would make any difference to future pregnancies and not really give us an answer to what’s wrong. So many things can cause a miscarriage, and any one of them can cause a miscarriage at any time. He’d rather focus on the next pregnancy and trying to better the chances than figuring out what happened at this time. He seemed to be concerned with making his clients spend money and wasting it on something that isn’t going to change anything. He’d rather his clients spend their money on better their chances with further attempts with different approaches. I like his philosophy. He does seem to want what’s in our best interest. He also said to please write down a list of everything we want to know and any concerns we have at our follow-up. Answering my questions now before I get the procedure done, he was afraid I wouldn’t remember anything after wards.

Well. The procedure went smoothly, I think. I believe I was supposed to be put under to the point where I’d be semi-awake but wouldn’t remember a thing. Well, I was well aware the entire time. It didn’t take long and he was very gentle. I think I was supposed to be under more, and I don’t think they realized how awake I was. All I felt was a lot of pressure with some little pinches and something cold. I mentioned to the doctor that something felt cold. He thought that was weird. Guess it wasn’t supposed to be cold LOL. He seemed only slightly aware that I was fully awake. It didn’t bother me at all. My eyes were closed the whole time. He then said, “OK, we are done!” the table lowered and at that point, I went completely out of it. I kind of remember being brought back into my little waiting/recovery room where Jason was waiting patiently for me. The next thing I know, I woke up just where I last remembered…in the recovery room. I don’t know how long I was asleep but wow was I out of it. I still remember everything about the procedure, but after that is a blur. I guess they started too quickly LOL.

Well, soon after I woke up, I was on my way home. Jason drove me home, and I just went up to bed. I was exhausted. I slept from 11am to about 6:30pm. I talked to a couple of people about my experience. I started to cramp a bit. It was so painful too! I took some motrin, but it only helped a little. Luckily it started to go away by the time I was ready to sleep. I eventually went back to sleep around 4am. I woke up in time to walk my dogs the next morning around 10:30am, emailed my teacher that I wasn’t going to be in class today and went back to sleep. I woke up around 4:30pm and I’m feeling so much better. I still get the occasional cramp, and emotionally I’m a little empty, but otherwise, feeling better than I have been. I’m glad I have the weekend off. I just know I wouldn’t be able to make it through school. Just having Jason around has really helped me out. He’s such a good supporting husband and a great best friend. I couldn’t get through this without him. I know this is tough on him too. He’s been so good through all this. He’s so strong. He’s my rock. He’s a never ending source of good hugs and kind thoughts. I couldn’t ask for a better husband!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search