dzine's D&C on 4/18/07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To D&C Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2007, 12:26 PM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've got a lot going on right now, so I'll try to share as much as I can.

I had some brown spotting on that monday. On tues, I had what seemed to be left over spotting and some cramping. I had called the dr's on monday to tell them what was going on. I called back tuesday morning to check in. I continued to have cramping thru lunch and decided to call the dr's office back again. The nurse seemed concerned and ask that I drive back to town for an u/s. I made it back to town and had the u/s. I saw no h/b and asked the tech to confirm. I was given the option to pass everything naturally or go for a d&c. Dh and I went home that night to talk about it. I called the dr's office back first thing the next morning and was told to go to the hospital as soon as I could get there. We arrived about 9:30 and were scheduled for 11am. I had checked into the outpatient area. I undressed and had just gotten comfortable when they came in and asked if I would be ok with moving to inpatient. They were too full that day--and I'm sure they thought I was going to sob as I was teary the entire time we checked in.
I was wheelchaired up to another floor and got situated in the bed. The nurse with the IV, the lady checking me in, and the nurse taking blood, all came in. I was being really surly--I'm not a fan of needles. The IV was stuck in my forarm and I howled from the pain. I was really dehydrated from crying and I always have a hard time with my veins. After she jabbed that around a little, she numbed my hand and stuck me there. I cried like a baby. As she was finishing, the nurse taking blood was prepping my other arm for blood. She jabbed me on the inner side of my elbow and got a slow trickle. I think at that time the Annastegeologist (sp) came in and was talking to me. Then she took over with getting my blood. Instead of being pricked all over the place, she got me right above my wrist bone. Finally that was over and I had to answer all sorts of questions about family history for the other lady.
I was left in the room with Dh for a short while. When everyone came back in I was asked to scoot over to another bed to be wheeled down. I remember kissing DH and being on the elevator. As we left the elevator, I began crying. I met a few more nurses as I hit the OR doors. I was sobbing now. I was wheeled into the room and I breifly looked at all the ladies in the room. I then closed my eyes and listened to all the voices and the moving around. I heard them say somethings, but I just didn't listen. I went limp with tears down my cheeks. I felt them grab my arms and lay them out as I tried to ignore it all. I was asleep.
I awoke in the care of two nurses. My back was stiff and my neck hurt. I heard one of them say they were going to give me a little morphine for the pain. My lower body didn't hurt, I don't think I could even feel it. I took my time opening and closing my eyes and listening to more voices. I must have layed there an hour coming to. About 10 min before they wheeled me back to my room, I was told they were going to give me the RH shot in my leg. I think they were saving me from seeing more needles. I closed my eyes and woke to find I was back in the hospital room with DH. They asked me to move back over to the bed and I crawled over.
I layed there groggy for a long time. The nurse came to check on me every once in a while and I was brought some liquids. She came in once and made me get up to use the restroom. She had to clean me twice. I was in the hopsital until about 5pm when I begged to go home. Once home, I rested for a little while then went to bed.
It's been a week, and I think I've stopped bleeding. I've had spurts where I will bleed and then not bleed. I've had minimal cramping that only comes at 1-2 hour intervals. I must have passed quite a few clots, some were large. And I'm not sure why, it could have been a clot or something more. A few days ago I had the worst cramps. I felt like I was 15 again with the pain. I had taken 6-200mg ib profin and they just weren't letting up. My BIL gave me a vicodin--I was finally feeling better. I used the restroom after that and have been fine since. I go to the dr that did the procedure next week.

</div>
April 26th, 2007, 04:45 PM
CandiceN's Avatar Sam & Alex's mommy!
Thank you for sharing your story. I am so so so sorry for your loss.

My boys are my life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search