Christy's D&C Experience

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To D&C Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
Regular
Well I am new to this site and reading other peoples experiences has helped me so I figured I would add mine to the bunch. I found out on Memorial Day that I was expecting my 3rd child. At first my bf was scared but we plan on getting married and are both 30 years old so the fear started to become excitement. I went in at 5w5d and had my first US done. The heartbeat was low, which they told me is normal cause the baby was so tiny, they wanted me to come back in 1-2 weeks and have another US. So June 27th we went back, it was my bf’s 30th birthday and I was so excited for him to hear the baby’s heartbeat for the first time. When they did the ultrasound they checked my ovaries and then he said the words I never expected to hear. “Im sorry I don’t see a heartbeat, and the baby is only at about 6wks.” I should have been 8wks by then and could not believe my ears. I laid there as he measured the fetus and he left me and my bf there so I could get dressed and he went to call my doctor. My doctor wanted me there ASAP, so we went and saw my doctor who told me my options. I could either wait for it to happen naturally or have a D & C. I was in such a fog and everything was happening so fast so I told her I wanted it done with. She called another doctor and set me up for an appointment the next day. I went in and talked with the other doctor and she also went over my options, basically I could wait or have surgery. I wanted it done and over with as soon as possible so I opted for the D&C. The doctor called the hospital and had it set up for the next day at 12:30. That night I started spotting lightly and I started to cry, that was making it real. In my head I still couldn’t believe that my dreams had just crashed down in front of me. So the next morning I got up and was at the hospital by 10:30, back in the pre op room. When she came to put in my IV I started to cry again, then the doctor came in and asked if I had any questions, they prepped me and sent me to surgery. I remember thinking it was like ER with the big light above you and all that, my doctor stood next to me and held my hand and I silently cried and then I was asleep. Next thing I remember is waking up and my doc telling me that I had more bleeding then what was expected but I was okay, and I had horrible cramping in my right side. They gave me medication for the pain and I stayed there for about 1.5 hours. They took me back to recovery where my bf was waiting. He has been so wonderful through all this, and he has been so worried about me. I was really weak for the first 2 days then I slowly got my strength back. Today is my first day back to work and I have cried off and on all day. It seems everywhere I look someone is pregnant or just had a baby. We are going to try again, but it still hurts knowing that I should be going into my second month. I wish you all the best of luck with your next pregnancy. I pray that you all have a healthy one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search